Searching: Studio in Bangkok (Central pref.), THB8000, short-term (<3 months)

Hi,

I'm going to Thailand next year in March and wanted to stay in Bangkok for 2 months before I have a little vacation in India or so and then head up north to Chiang Mai.

It looks like I will hang out most of the time in Watthana near BTS Ekamai so finding a decent studio apartment in that area would be great but I don't really mind to commute as long as it isn't like a one hour trip.

As you can imagine, I've already tried the usual suspects like 9flats or thaiapartment and I have found one or two nice accomodations (near On Nut BTS) that would fit both my expectations and my budget.

I'm still looking around though and maybe some of you have some recommendations for me that are located more in central Bangkok or towards Victory Monument.

My budget is about THB8000 a month and I don't really need a pool or a gym to be happy. I'd rather not think too much about cockroaches, have a short commute and a convenience store nearby.

Saving some bucks on taxi rides back home after partying would be a plus, too! :)

Looking forward to your replies!

Hi Krisz,

I live here for 5 yrs. and I can say this limit (8000 B/m) is not enough to find a normally studio this area which you mentioned.

I'm not an agent but I have many experiences by my searching and finding..

First at all if you want short term the price is higher immediately approx. with 20 - 40 % and they always want deposit (long term also).

I know a new building in Udomsuk BTS station (approx. 300-400 mtr) and there my college has rent a short term apartment 8000/m (3 months) and she was satisfied. I have never seen the room but the girl is a highbrow person so I guess ...

Also I know new buildings in sukhumvit 101/1 bts punnawithi but this a bit far from station around 5 minutes by motorbike taxi.

If are you interested I can give the gps coordinates.

Check this add, this is the normally long term price, and this building only in On Nut bts station a bit outer than you mentioned:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/686100-ideomobi-sukhumvit81-for-rent-15000-12fl-pool-view-32m-from-bts-tesco-lotus/

regards

Thanks for your reply.

It's good to hear back from someone who has lived in Thailand for so long.

I have never been there before, that's why I came here to hear back from people with more experience than me and maybe get some insider tips. :)

I don't really want to go further down the BTS line towards Udom Suk since I've already found a nice accommodation near On Nut BTS that would fit my budget. I was thinking more towards Ari BTS or somewhere north/south of Asoke BTS near a MRT station.

Basically what I am looking for now is a place that serves better as a starting point to explore the city even if that means a longer commute to Ekamai BTS.

Cant help with the area of Bangkok you are after, but could help you with a nice condo in the pinklao area (near grand palace, kho San, area), and If you are going to India and want to spend time in Goa, I have an apartment for rent their.

There is a nice studio apartment building called CONTEMPO on Pridi (Soi) 13 off Sukhumvit 71 in Phra Khanong, one stop past Ekkamai. The rooms are 30s/m, fully furnished including fridge, TV and microwave. There is also a small swimming pool and fitness room. When a friend of mine stayed there he paid B7000/pm on a 6 month commitment, 3 months would probably be in the B8000 range.

When you enter soi 13, take the very first left about 20 yards in and follow around the curve.

It is only 4 years old so good condition and clean. Don't forget that you will have to pay for your electricity so if you use AC, it can add 1 to 2 thousand a month.

BTW, wi-fi and cable TV are included in the rent.

There is also a complex just past the Thong Lo BTS station on the even soi side going towards Bearing. Many single rooms but probably closer to B10,000.

There is a nice studio apartment building called CONTEMPO on Pridi (Soi) 13 off Sukhumvit 71 in Phra Khanong, one stop past Ekkamai. The rooms are 30s/m, fully furnished including fridge, TV and microwave. There is also a small swimming pool and fitness room. When a friend of mine stayed there he paid B7000/pm on a 6 month commitment, 3 months would probably be in the B8000 range.

When you enter soi 13, take the very first left about 20 yards in and follow around the curve.

It is only 4 years old so good condition and clean. Don't forget that you will have to pay for your electricity so if you use AC, it can add 1 to 2 thousand a month.

There is also a complex just past the Thong Lo BTS station on the even soi side going towards Bearing. Many single rooms but probably closer to B10,000.

Cant help with the area of Bangkok you are after, but could help you with a nice condo in the pinklao area (near grand palace, kho San, area), and If you are going to India and want to spend time in Goa, I have an apartment for rent their.

Sounds interesting. Could you provide me with further details (Coordinates, price, …) via PM? I'm not planning to go to Goa on my trip to India but thanks for the offer though! :)

Yeah, the Contemp was on my list, too. I've sent them an email to get further details.

Do you know the name of the place near Thong Lo BTS? I'd like to check that one out, too!

Can't help on the Bangkok accommodation

but will offer a thought for India trip.

Where do you plan to get your visa for India?

Generally the consulates outside your home country will no longer issue visas

unless you have a resident status where you are applying.

With a 2 month stay in Thailand an Indian visa issued back home will have almost expired.

Crazy rules. I know

AFAIK the visa I can get here in Germany is valid for 6 months, so if it gets issued in time I will have validity for at least a month left when I want to go there which should be enough for one or two weeks of Mumbai and Delhi.