webfact

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shame in yellow:

Are Victory and 2 arrest warrants together ?

How can any-one handle this case ??? w00t.gifwub.pngfacepalm.gifwhistling.gifblink.png

Shame in red:

Look at this image.

Thaksin appears in a valid Thai Post 3 Baht stamp and he's fugitive by many arrest warrants. w00t.gifwub.pngfacepalm.gifwhistling.gifblink.png

Why do these politician insects make Thailand laughable in worldwide ?

This hurts me but I'm not Thai at all.

post-188374-0-59961500-1386050637_thumb.

The anti-government protesters declared victory on seizing the government offices include the Government House. However, they never notice that they have lost the confidence from the foreign governments and embassies. At the end, who lost?

At the end, who cares? You truly believe the lip service foreign govts do? w00t.gif

Business cares.

Governments lose confidence; businesses lose confidence.

I guess that means Suthep will now turn himself into police custody? A few days ago he said he had no problems turning himself in, but only after achieving victory. Let's see if he is a man of his word. Very smart move by police.

And he'll walk out the police station... Better question is; Will Charlem behead himself on the 25th?

I doubt that the Mothers of the dead people who died for this "victory" are in a celebrating mood right now. Despite the huge improvements in society that have been ushered in by this anti-democratic upheaval. My prayers are with those families that have lost loved ones, and I pray that the tragic violence by all actors in this Punch&Judy Show will end before any more lives are lost or ruined.

Frankly, I'm sick of 'the dead' being used as political tools in this fiasco. You get more shot up outside the local karaoke/campus on a daily basis than this. Quit with the mawkish bs <deleted>.

I am sorry that my devout pacifism offends you so.

I have also been to many kareoke nights and never got shot dead, so I'm just going to go with my empirical evidence on this one.

So now anyway, PTP look like they are en-route to being forced out of elected office. Which means mass-polarisation of all people who voted for them. More years of bitterness and cries of injustice beckon to us from the future. Was that "achievement" really worth these people dying and being seriously wounded for? That student shot dead, will not marry or have kids, which s/he may have doted on and spent many happy decades with. S/he might have been a great scholar and contributed to world civilisation. We will never know, because s/he was randomly killed in a powergame between corrupt and dubious political actors, with no real progress in resolving the nation's fractured and divisive climate.

"S/he might have been a great scholar and contributed to world civilisation"

LOL...this is thailand...lets not get carried away...you may as well cry about the latest motorbike taxi driver getting squashed by a bus and say he may have been the next Einstein or great world leading philosopher...

My wife is over the moon at the moment, jumping up and down saying "we won, we won". I'm a bit more reserved, I am more concerned about what happens next. Will the people of Thailand truly have a voice in the next government to be formed, or will votes be purchassed and the needs of the people ignored again? I am concerened about Thailand's future, I do hope this protest will see Thailand headed toward democracy rather than autocracy dressed up as democracy, for those who say that a democratically elected government has been ousted, I'm sorry, but in my view any goverment which is voted in on the back of vote buying rather than electionering was not democratically elected.

I think she is right. The chances of Oak Shinawatra becoming the next head of state is as likely as the reforming of the original Beatles lineup. Thaksin's amnesty bill and asset return plus compound 7.5% interest likewise. Yingluck, with bloodied hands will be unelectable and reviled by all, lying to rest in history books somewhere between Stalin and Vlad the impaler. My, how things have changed in the past week.

Of course, if victory is only measured by how many telecoms monopolies Suthep can award to himself and family members then no, they didn't win. But it wasn't about Sutheps personal enrichment, it was about bringing recognition of the Shinawatra regime's despicable nepotism, corruption and lack of democratic principles.

He shoots.... He scores!!!

• Like 1

So it's either a deal's been done and this is a way out for both sides. Or the anti-govt side have been suckered. Yes, they've got the buildings but what does that actually mean? Or this is a temporary break in hostilities for the King's birthday. Prayuth likely had something to do with it. I'd go with option one at this point, but I guess it'll become clear soon enough.

I know I should read the whole thread before replying but you are using logical fallacies in the above since you eave out other possible arguments.

You assert three possible scenarios

1 deal was done

2 anti-gov't side suckered

3 temp break

totally leaving out the possibility (however unlikely)

4 Police have decided to opt out of siding with the gov't

Now that Gov't house is also at least temporarily in the hands of the anti-gov't protesters, which the gov't had said would never happen. I tend to agree that it is your first option. Then again ....

My wife is over the moon at the moment, jumping up and down saying "we won, we won". I'm a bit more reserved, I am more concerned about what happens next. Will the people of Thailand truly have a voice in the next government to be formed, or will votes be purchassed and the needs of the people ignored again? I am concerened about Thailand's future, I do hope this protest will see Thailand headed toward democracy rather than autocracy dressed up as democracy, for those who say that a democratically elected government has been ousted, I'm sorry, but in my view any goverment which is voted in on the back of vote buying rather than electionering was not democratically elected.

I think she is right. The chances of Oak Shinawatra becoming the next head of state is as likely as the reforming of the original Beatles lineup. Thaksin's amnesty bill and asset return plus compound 7.5% interest likewise. Yingluck, with bloodied hands will be unelectable and reviled by all, lying to rest in history books somewhere between Stalin and Vlad the impaler. My, how things have changed in the past week.

Of course, if victory is only measured by how many telecoms monopolies Suthep can award to himself and family members then no, they didn't win. But it wasn't about Sutheps personal enrichment, it was about bringing recognition of the Shinawatra regime's despicable nepotism, corruption and lack of democratic principles.

Lack of democratic princples is also what is offered by Suthep : appointed cabinet.

So the anti-govt protesters actually believe the govt has been overthrown? I'd laugh but just chatting on gmail with a friend at the moment and he's just spoken to his anti-govt friend who's at the protest and, of course, they're all hugging each other, laughing and celebrating. So my friend asks him 'so it's over?' and this guy says 'keep watching'. Which could mean anything. I suppose there's a very slim chance that this is actually some sort of coup or ousting. After all, the military are looking after govt house now. But, of course, the government wouldn't give up this easily if that was the case...

Edited by Emptyset

so funny - election will be held - PTP will win

"he shoots - he scores - but it's an own goal"

We won, we won, what? There is a big difference between entering a building and actually overthrowing the government. Entering a building doesn't make you the PM, it makes you a thug.

• Like 1

So now it's perfectly ok to burn the place down!! Because they are tax payers???

That doesn't mean they intend to; only one man figuratively speaking that it is in their hands, in order to avoid clashes. Nice 3rd post, or 3rd day in Thailand.

oh to be in dubai to see his face now...priceless.......i so hope its the end of yingluck she was way out of her depth...but brother didnt care about her one bit..vile human...him,him,him,,,

Yingluk gone,and now what?People council with Suthep on top as head?Wow,great improvement.Yingluk did a great a job how she handled this crisis.It could hv gone really ugly.The people should go home now,Suthep should be in police custody.Next election the"democrats" can try to beat ptp,but I doubt this will happen.If their only election slogan is"PTP and Thaksin are bad"they won't win any election for the next 10000yrs

• Like 1

So it's either a deal's been done and this is a way out for both sides. Or the anti-govt side have been suckered. Yes, they've got the buildings but what does that actually mean? Or this is a temporary break in hostilities for the King's birthday. Prayuth likely had something to do with it. I'd go with option one at this point, but I guess it'll become clear soon enough.

I know I should read the whole thread before replying but you are using logical fallacies in the above since you eave out other possible arguments.

1 deal was done

3 temp break

Now that Gov't house is also at least temporarily in the hands of the anti-gov't protesters, which the gov't had said would never happen. I tend to agree that it is your first option. Then again ....

It's not a logical fallacy to leave out something I hadn't even considered for a second... I mean the thought that the police would actually withdraw support hadn't even crossed my mind. That would be insane. But we're not going to know anything definite until we see what the respective groups announce... which hopefully won't be too long now, as much as I'm enjoying all this speculating, lol.

The anti-government protesters declared victory on seizing the government offices include the Government House. However, they never notice that they have lost the confidence from the foreign governments and embassies. At the end, who lost?

Did the anti-government protesters ever have the confidence from foreign governments and embassies?Did the government for that matter? All foreign governments and embassies have heard for years is about Thaksin in self imposed exile after abuse of power, and his cronies. Hardly confidence building!

This is Usual Thailand. (not Unusual). I doubt the confidence of even foreign investors has been lost. They pulled some funds out for a bit and back in it will all go!

oh to be in dubai to see his face now...priceless.......i so hope its the end of yingluck she was way out of her depth...but brother didnt care about her one bit..vile human...him,him,him,,,

Yingluk gone,and now what?People council with Suthep on top as head?Wow,great improvement.Yingluk did a great a job how she handled this crisis.It could hv gone really ugly.The people should go home now,Suthep should be in police custody.Next election the"democrats" can try to beat ptp,but I doubt this will happen.If their only election slogan is"PTP and Thaksin are bad"they won't win any election for the next 10000yrs

Thaksin handled it, and even replaced people who were too soft. Well known that on the negotiations, she had to say on everything that she must think about it.....(ask the boss)

1 deal was done

3 temp break

It's not a logical fallacy to leave out something I hadn't even considered for a second... I mean the thought that the police would actually withdraw support hadn't even crossed my mind. That would be insane. But we're not going to know anything definite until we see what the respective groups announce... which hopefully won't be too long now, as much as I'm enjoying all this speculating, lol.

The police have chosen to stand on the sidelines in the past, even at RU.

I am wondering how much has changed in the reported 14+ hours of negotiations. YL is now in HuaHin and dressed in her Khakis ....(Uniform) --- Isn't she as PM entitled to the White? It is a dress rehearsal afterall....

Have you seen the photos of Yingluck in Hua Hin with the top army commanders? They will NEVER overthrow her. Those army commanders looked like dogs in heat with Yingluck around. Seriously, look at the photos. She has them all wrapped around her fingers.

1 deal was done

3 temp break

The police have chosen to stand on the sidelines in the past, even at RU.

I am wondering how much has changed in the reported 14+ hours of negotiations. YL is now in HuaHin and dressed in her Khakis ....(Uniform) --- Isn't she as PM entitled to the White? It is a dress rehearsal afterall....

in the pictures in the morning at the "test" of the birthday party she was in white. Maybe she just doesn't want to get it dirty before 5th?

I will for the first time on TVF admit Yingluck did a great job (or someone who controlled it) during the unrest.

BUT BUT did she do a great job BEFORE the unrest in her 2 years as PM. then I have to be honest for sure NO