A few questions about tuning in Thailand

Tchooptip

post-154100-0-25700300-1386052039_thumb.

I was looking for a second hand motor bike, when I found this ad, I thought wow I'll buy it.

My wife told me "cannot buy for Samui", police will tell, you changed that you changed that, 500+500+500 for a motor bike like that maybe 5.000 Baths each time Police stopped you!

Is she right? What's your opinions?

I've got a mate in Pattaya with a PCX that has all the mods shown on that one. He's had no trouble with the BIB.

However, I have heard of several cases where riders (Thai and Falang) have been fined for a modified exhaust. It depends on how greedy the BIB is that particular day.

I think there is a law saying it's unlawful to modify a car or bike from standard............and this law is avidly adhered to by everybody in Thailand.

Everyone is different.

I reckon the bike looks great.

Not everyone's' cup of tea ... but this is Thailand.

Your wife is probably correct ... the Police will take special notice of you.

But maybe, after a while ... not a problem.

I say ... YES.

they charged me at times at touristic areas.

In Hua Hin, i have been charged a couple of times within 3 days!

Last time again in Hua Hin, they checked my pipe and told me that although it is not legal they let me go as it is quiet.

You know you are a farang and once police see you with the mods, they will stop you.

But, you can pay some money under the table and get the pipe stated in your greenbook, it is possible.

They cannot charge you normally for other mods and only for pipe.

Or maybe you can tell them like it is rental bike? I am sure they will never charge you if you say so!

Edited by ll2

OK not buy, anyway its too late, sold already smile.png

Thanks for your advices, I will remember, for I do believe in Thailand my peace of mind comes before indulging my whims.

...Being not a native English speaker sometimes I am not sure at all my formulation is correct...grrr!