The "newbies" and their wisdom

swissie

Well on the topic OP it would be interesting to know how many of the forum posters that rack up huge numbers of posts actually live in Thailand at all.

Because I read a lots of post written by people who use Thaivisa to stay in touch with Thailand while they are back in the old country saving up for their next visit and some of those posters rack up a lot of posts communicating with their friends.

Luckily for you there will always be new users joining the forum because without them Thaivisa wouldn't exist, unless of course the "old expats" get reincarnated on a regular basis. So be grateful for the new blood that keeps the forum alive and gives you the opportunity to keep posting nonsense comments.

I live here, 'onest guv................smile.png

Winston Churchill..is that you come back to re-post

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With 117 post on TV, I have only learnt that some people here, should focus more on real life here instead of TV...

Call it wisdom or whatever... Maybe I will be smarter and have more wisdom after 1000 posts, although I doubt it...

I see members who have 10.000 posts on their account. Did they ever see something of Thailand or only their computerscreen?

Also those old members like to react like: Oh there we go again, Oh no not again, if they really think that way then they spent far too much time behind the pc! Get a life!

Worse than that are the old-timers who've been here years and still spout absolute <deleted>.

When people ask me my secret I say to stupid to known I am not happy

Harry mate I'd love to follow your secret if I knew what the <deleted> you were running on about. biggrin.png

I only comment on post or thread that interest me. Is that mean I am uneducated?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

No, ... Your profile picture is great and that is much better than many posts :-)

• Like 1

I find most "newbies" here on TV are asking for advise, not giving it or expressing strong opinions.

I find it rather refreshing to see things through new eyes, even with the rose colored glasses on.

So much nicer than the old tired bashing and complaining that comes from jaded old timers here.

In fact, I know that many newbies give up on TV and go to other less hostile, anti Thai forums to get advice when they realize how negative many on TV are about all things Thai.

I can't mention names here but there are some pretty positive and informative forums about Thailand available too.

Before some kind TV expat gentleman tells me to "get out of here and go there", I'll tell you that I do"go there" as well.

It's a more balanced perspective than any one, forum .

100% agree with the OP, it's very painful at times.

Not half as painful in Pattaya and other places listening to some of the old crooning farts telling storys to some of the newcomers about how knowledgable they are about all things Thai...

"Now pull up a sand bag sonny and let me tell you a story..

When I was in Bagdad, you was in your dads bag"..w00t.gif

Even more painful are the ones living in the remote villages in Isaan and think its the real Thailand, not even realising language spoken there is not even Thai, but Isaan, ie Thai-Lao mixbiggrin.png

They speak real Thai in Isaan now!

They had to learn it so they can watch the soaps on that new fangled Television thing most of the farmers can afford now!

How many in the south, who are not from Isaan ,can speak both Thai and Isaan?

See? More progress due to the higher price being paid for rice!cheesy.gif

• Like 2

I see members who have 10.000 posts on their account. Did they ever see something of Thailand or only their computerscreen?

Also those old members like to react like: Oh there we go again, Oh no not again, if they really think that way then they spent far too much time behind the pc! Get a life!

If you hang around here long enough, you will find out why they say that. It is because there are about 30 topics that seem to repeat themselves ad infinitum. So once you've read the 'my GF did me wrong' story for the 241st time, it gets a bit exasperating.

Perhaps some of us have seen and done all we want through having a life eh, and now doing something different. Did you ever think of that before telling me to get a life ?................coffee1.gif

PS. Are you going to ''top'' yourself if your post rate grows via your obvious superior attitude......rolleyes.gif

If you hang around here long enough, you will find out why they say that. It is because there are about 30 topics that seem to repeat themselves ad infinitum. So once you've read the 'my GF did me wrong' story for the 241st time, it gets a bit exasperating.

IMO...The reason topics keep on repeating, might be because Thailand is really not as complicated as us foreigners here want it to be.

But still we keep responding to those repeated topics...myself included, at times.

Sometimes we take ourselves too seriously, I think. Yes, repeated topics get a bit annoying, but it is also not the easiest thing to slog through years of archives, looking for that bit of information about a particular visa on is trying to obtain, for example.

Not many people are connecting via 4800 baud modem anymore...it is easy to bypass those topics that are not of interest.

There are some long-time members here who have become the recognized experts on particular topics. The best of those always step in to answer what appear to be legitimate requests, without raising a fuss about "this has been done before". And they are quick to correct wrong or outdated information that is given, in a factual way, without making a big fuss about someone making an error.

Those individuals have helped me out more than once on a few different things.

• Like 1

Newbies should realise that those members who have posted a lot have read zillions of topics and replies and over a period have built up a lot of information within their grey cells and will hope to pass that info on. thumbsup.gif

Take me for instance, if you are rebuilding a Pontiac V8 engine, I am your man.............laugh.png

Newbies should realise that those members who have posted a lot have read zillions of topics and replies and over a period have built up a lot of information within their grey cells and will hope to pass that info on. Posted Image

Take me for instance, if you are rebuilding a Pontiac V8 engine, I am your man.............Posted Image

I must say those advance members, platinum members or gold members have made me laugh and smile. I enjoy reading their comment and argument between them.

Newbies should realise that those members who have posted a lot have read zillions of topics and replies and over a period have built up a lot of information within their grey cells and will hope to pass that info on. thumbsup.gif

Take me for instance, if you are rebuilding a Pontiac V8 engine, I am your man.............laugh.png

I must say those advance members, platinum members or gold members have made me laugh and smile. I enjoy reading their comment and argument between them.

Yeh, over a period many of us ''mega'' posters know where we are ''coming from'', and banter ensues, good fun, livens things up a bit to make things a little more interesting, as long as we don't upset our moderation team. whistling.gif ...........smile.png

Newbies should realise that those members who have posted a lot have read zillions of topics and replies and over a period have built up a lot of information within their grey cells and will hope to pass that info on. Posted Image

Take me for instance, if you are rebuilding a Pontiac V8 engine, I am your man.............Posted Image

Yeh, over a period many of us ''mega'' posters know where we are ''coming from'', and banter ensues, good fun, livens things up a bit to make things a little more interesting, as long as we don't upset our moderation team. Posted Image ...........Posted Image

If you have something to say, say it. Isn't how we do it here? I admire those who are able to articulate and get their points across without piss people off.

Sometimes I notice that the quality of a poster's posts deteriorate over the years he posts here. I have always put it down to their advancing age and the onset of Alkeimers....or was that Alcoholism.

I'll drink to that Herbie.......................thumbsup.gif

With a mere 500+ posts, I bow to the likes of Transam and jingthing and others who are in their thousands. I find most newbies just ask for advice.

Yep, I remember when I was a newbie, looking for answers, time moves on and the stuff l have read might now help a new member, plus my life with automobile stuff sometimes comes in handy.

What pisses me off is newbies saying ''get a life'' cos l read a lot here, but to me it's the same as a guy/gal who reads a lot of books, must they ''get a life'' too, don't think so. smile.png

I have this mental image of a huge guy with a beard and an adjustable spanner in his overall pocket!