Desperately seeking a plumber in Ban Chang area!

Dellie

So for the last 2 months the downstairs level of our house has been smelling like a sewage plant. Really frickin rancid!

We have had several "handy men" and other assorted unproffessionals here to look and it has been suggest to us that the tank under the house (apparently there is a tank where shit is stored before it enters the sewer?) is somehow broken and we should have it looked at but no one seems to know where to get ahold of a company that can do this!

We have gotten 2 numbers that were both out of service. Saw a few posters in town that looked promising but their numbers were also out of service. Does anyone know where to get ahold of a proffessional who can sort this for us?

Sounds to me like your septic tank needs emptying, costs about 300 baht.

Yes and how can I find someone that does this?

Trust me I have asked everywhere and no one seems to have a clue. And I speak thai I might add. Do people in this area just ignore such things or what?

I thought the local office for the moo baan must know but nope. I tried some of the local construction/home depot kinda stores. Nope nobody knows.

I have heard horror stories of tanks (or rings) being cleaned out in Thailand. (People bucketing it out and spreading it everywhere.)

I have seen "western" style trucks in Chanthaburi that come and suck all the poo poo out sludge, I thought it was about 500B.

Also, is stick your nose near your shower hole etc, it may all go into the same ring tank and that is the source of the stink. Can fix that issue easily for not much baht with a water lock.

Lastly, when the issue is "fixed" each month put some poo poo and paper eating bacteria down your dunny, a few spoons full. You get it from Home Pro, in the cleaning chemical section.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Mate,

Call in to The Camel Pub and ask the cashier for the phone number of our plumber, a guy called Ploi, we have used him for the past 12 years

Also ask her for the phone number of the vacuum truck that we use

You can contact me the same way if it is still an issue

Terry

Mate,

Call in to The Camel Pub and ask the cashier for the phone number of our plumber, a guy called Ploi, we have used him for the past 12 years

Also ask her for the phone number of the vacuum truck that we use

You can contact me the same way if it is still an issue

Terry

I'll take you up on that. Will swing by this afternoon on the way home. Thanks a million!

• 2 weeks later...