Need a reliable and good lawyer, who speaks English.

At first: forgive me my English writing:

i registrated in 2012 a small company in Bangkok. I didnt use it till now, because i only was there for a 1 month holiday.

A good friend of mine helped me with everything. She is for 51%, her sister for 1% and myself 48% shareholder.

It was all settled in 2 weeks. Till now i didnt use this company because my father was very sick.

Now i am planning to return to Thailand in januari 2014 for 2 months, find a place to saty, return home and then stay for a long period.

In this year 2013, this friend of mine, not my gf, suddenly changed in many ways.

For example: she told me she sold her own shops, didnt do any business anymore in Hong Kong and didnt want to have any contact anymore with her family.

I have been talking with her many times this year about her changes in her moods. Couldnt reach her, adviced her to see a doctor. She refused.

For a couple of months ago she told me, she was back in business and acted to me like nothing was happened.

Then she told me, she fooled me, try to make me feel upset, because she wants me to come back and marry her.

I dont want this. She is a Chinese/Thai woman and can be very dominant. hahahaha.

I know how to handle her, but not for the rest of my life, no way.

But now i have maybe a major problem. She does not know that i will return to Thailand in january 2014.

But for 2 weeks ago she said: if you dont come back for me and dont marry me, i will go to the immigration office and have you blacklisted.

I was shocked.

Problem is i do not know a good and reliable laywer who is asking a fair price.

The laywer i used in 2012 was a laywer who only speaks Thai and it was the lawyer of the Thai lady.

Now my questions are:

Is this possible, can she have done something with the company, without my knowledge, and blame me for it or is it only bluff.

I dont know if a lawyer or maybe also a notary can check everything on the department of commerce, so i need to know for sure.

better have things find out before i come to Thailand.

Blacklisting is a very serious event that is not easy to arrange. It normally only happens as a result of a criminal conviction for a serious crime like drug trafficking.

You easily pay Sunbelt or someone else to get the latest filings of the company at the Ministry of Commerce and translate the important parts like lists of shareholders and directors, the company affidavit that states who has the power to sign for the company, and, of course the 2012 financial statements, if these have been filed. Audited financial statements for 2012, even if not a complete year and there were no operations, should have been filed with the Revenue Department and the Ministry of Commerce by the end of May 2013, otherwise the company is in default and will have to pay monthly fines with interest until filing is done.

Are you a director of the company? Even if you are, there is not much likelihood of the company having committed a criminal offence for which you would be liable. Even if it had and that would have to be something like a major fraud, you would not be blacklisted without a criminal conviction which would require you to come to Thailand for at least the opening of the trial to hear the charges and plead.

Sounds like an empty threat to me. Probably nothing much you can do about the company but write off whatever capital you have put into it. Unwinding it would require cooperation from the major shareholder. It will probably just build up fines for non-filing and eventually be struck off after several years. If you want to do business in Thailand, you should probably start a new company with a more mentally stable Thai partner.

Blacklisting is a very serious event that is not easy to arrange. It normally only happens as a result of a criminal conviction for a serious crime like drug trafficking.

You easily pay Sunbelt or someone else to get the latest filings of the company at the Ministry of Commerce and translate the important parts like lists of shareholders and directors, the company affidavit that states who has the power to sign for the company, and, of course the 2012 financial statements, if these have been filed. Audited financial statements for 2012, even if not a complete year and there were no operations, should have been filed with the Revenue Department and the Ministry of Commerce by the end of May 2013, otherwise the company is in default and will have to pay monthly fines with interest until filing is done.

Are you a director of the company? Even if you are, there is not much likelihood of the company having committed a criminal offence for which you would be liable. Even if it had and that would have to be something like a major fraud, you would not be blacklisted without a criminal conviction which would require you to come to Thailand for at least the opening of the trial to hear the charges and plead.

Sounds like an empty threat to me. Probably nothing much you can do about the company but write off whatever capital you have put into it. Unwinding it would require cooperation from the major shareholder. It will probably just build up fines for non-filing and eventually be struck off after several years. If you want to do business in Thailand, you should probably start a new company with a more mentally stable Thai partner.

Iam for 48 % shareholder. . The thai lady for 51% and her sister has 1%

She is full of crap...so in addition to bailing from the company, dump her sorry arse.

If you really want a lawyer to help or do anything, I can give you mine, Thai with very good english.

But while he has done good work for me, I will not be responsible for what/if anything he does or charges you.

If you want his number...PM me.

Might be worth just to get a price from him for whatever you want him to do in comparison to others that charge a small fortune.