Kanchanaburi food

smokie36

Don't know about the "Best" Thai food- that's always a personal view --and can change with the "cook of the day "

But try this place----find your way to the Taraburi Restaurant --right on the river not far out of the town-I always make time to go there at least twice--not over priced--have music { not too loud } on Fri-Sat-Sun--popular with Thai tour groups-----I always enjoy my evenings there.

Clean European type toilets

Just one thing--make sure that you arrange a pick-up when its time to leave--local taxi's are a bit thin on the ground .

If you go--post a report--hopefully it will be a nice one thumbsup.gif

Bucko---will be back there in February wai2.gif

• Like 1

If you haven't scratched your head and asked "<deleted>?" recently, you may want to go see the floating nun. Well worth the 10 baht entry fee just so you can say you fell prey to a tourist trap. (Definitely not worth the 15 minute ride from town to the temple where she performs)

Seriously, I like to hire a boat under the bridge for 800 per hour to cruise up and down the river- very scenic.

The 2 museums in town are worthwhile, with my nod going to the one right by the big War Cemetery. The other ones are more "local" and have fascinating stuff, though.

Rent a kayak on the main strip for about 450 baht and they'll drop you a few miles upriver and float back to town- hours will go by when you don't see anyone. You select the length of the float.

There's some relatively interesting temples in caves (scooter taxis know these). Spectacular view from the temple at 13 57 14.4N, 99 36 18.4E, but only if the air is clear.