Thai opposition says all its MPs to resign

Lite Beer

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would what I say be undemocratic ? I always thought democracy works through elections, in which all elligble voters get a chance to cast their votes for whatever party and MP they deem worhty of their support.

Yet the democrats have boycotted 2006 elections (a democratic party, in a democracy boycotting elections, absolutely unacceptable), the goal eventually was reached by the coup of the same year. A coup, another unacceptable concept in a democracy.

Let's face it the democrats cannot win at the ballot box, since most people up north and in the north east would rather vote for Somchai's dog than they would give the democrats the benefit of the doubt. So they revert to avoiding the ballot box and hope their old friends have another coup in store for them.

Why would it be undemocratic NOT to stand in an election or to even boycott an election? Does that mean that there are nearly 46 million eligible voters in Thailand that are undemocratic because they didn't stand in an election? Not to mention the people who choose not to vote. Are they being undemocratic?

They boycotted the elections for one reason and one reason only, to create a power vacuum, as in the south the other party couldn"t gather enough votes. Please explain to me how this is democratic, why a democratic party tries to sabotage elections, because that is exactly what they did. Making a farce out of the election process and giving the middle finger to anyone that actually voted for the other side.

I understand that as everywhere, some of you people are in favour of the reds and other the yellow shirts.

I not say one is better then the other, for me BOTH are corrupt, in one way or another. Maybe all the red votes are been sponsered, but nobody can make me believe, it not happen on the other side.

Thing is, the elections are won by the reds. Thing is also, that instead of finding a better strategy to WIN elections, the country is put in an instable position, time and time over again, by overthrowing in one way or another an elected goverment. How would you feel if opposition would all these things in your country, France, GB, Germany, Australia or whatever! Would you laugh that airports would be blokked, goverment force to stop functioning, the army used to break the power?

Sure Taksin family are no saints, both are playing a game of power, but at least the actual Goverment got itself elected. So for me, please yellow manifestors, find a way to get elected, then to overthrow a goverment, time after time. If you want to maintian a democracy, it is impossible to be the the only party in the country, and that is exactly what they wish for!

Yes both major parties contain many corrupt MPs but PTP is ruled by the most corrupt individual and includes a number of his clan. The red shirts didn't win anything but they are an important factor in supporting PTP.

The problem is that democracy is not all about winning (buying, actually) elections. There is free and fair governance with checks and balances - all of which PTP either want to eliminate or just ignore. Don't forget that the party with the most money wins the election. The Democrat party hasn't got as much money to spend on vote getting so it won't win. In addition they would have to offer budget-breaking amounts of subsidies to trump PTP's huge subsidies.

Lastly, controlling the police directly is not democratic - they are well matched PTP & the police being the two most corrupt groups in the country. A major overhaul is desperately needed.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 1

about time should have done this 2,weeks ago,it probably means there has to be an election,becauase the mps that resigned,theres no-one to represent the people of the constituences that they have left..everyone is entitled to representation..no matter what there political affiliation is..never a dull day here is there..

Come on! You are smarter than that Yes, elections will be held in those constituencies in which the MP has resigned. It will take time, but eventually most of those who resigned will be re-elected. In the mean time the electorate will, not by their choosing, be unrepresented but the government will carry on. All the government has to do is ensure they have a quorum. What will be acheived by the mass resignations? Nothing of any significance!

It seems to me that it may have been you that is smoking pot and is high.

How long were you in Vietnam? I lived there for 8 years and was married to a Vietnamese.

Pot is illegal there as are all the same internationally banned intoxicants.

The police there are completely corrupt, the government is nothing more than a "communist" mafia. Not very communist at all.

Their legal system as it relates to fooreigners is a joke. You will always lose.

You cannot own land and only 50% of any propert purchase and then only whilst you are married to a Vietnamese.

The Vietnsmese are a rude, theiving lot.

Should I go on?

There is at least a rule of law here. I can own my condo and my motorbike legally etc. Etc.

Not sure which Vietnam you visited or whether you are delusional/high/blind!

Whyle other countries in the region go forward, Thailand goes backwards, to dictatorship.

Thailand is considerably freer than Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, China, N. Korea.

Only the Philippines and possibly Indonesia could be said to allow similar levels of public political expression.

I don't know about this, it's very easy to live in Vietnam. No work permit issues, no having to leave the country, a travel agent will do your 6 month visa renewal, I see people smoking pot in all the cafes, the police are told not to hassle the tourists. Vietnam is pretty nice, not sure what makes Thailand so special. If you want to teach in Vietnam, if you have a work permit they pay you more, if not, no problem.

Once and for all it is now been officially revealed. The financial muscle behind the Dems is the same group sponsoring the rally.

The people's behind the Democrats are far richer then the Shinawatra clan

Could either of you please inform the forum who specifically these people are?

All we ever hear about are mysterious, nameless, faceless people that guy like you presumably know about, but never reveal.

Most of them can be found on the forbes rich list.... Look for people who make money around food, construction, transport etc. Look at Banks, look at the rice exporters of Thailand etc. Do your research and find how certain families are linked thru business, marriage etc. Look at the biggest companies in Thailand of long standing and their owners. Its a great invitation for the devil inside me to post links but if I can find them so can you

Some have eluded to the Singha heiress, many think thats a nailed on cert. It runs very deep and you will be going to places you should not go but good luck

Edited by backtonormal

They are back to their 2006 tactic, if you can't win at the ballot box, you frustrate the system. The democratic party is democratic in name only.

Not only do they backstab all the people that voted for them, they now openly support Suthep and his People's council.

I feel sorry for everyone that voted these clowns in to parliament.

Once and for all it is now been officially revealed. The financial muscle behind the Dems is the same group sponsoring the rally. I have just watched that spineless thing that calls himself a leader declaring his intentions in the hope level headed Democrat supporters will head for the streets tomorrow and swell the dwindling numbers.

What amazed me most was the skill of Blue Sky TV to hide the strings of the puppet master controlling Mr Abhisit. If they have resigned they should never be allowed to enter politics again after failing the 11 million that voted for them. The Dems are effectively saying that they dont want to govern in favour of a selected 'Peoples Council". For the 11 million that voted for these worthless people I feel sorry , you deserve better. Dont make the same mistake again, they dont want democracy, the next free election is your chance to resign this political party (term used very loosely) to history and let Thailand move forward.

The people's behind the Democrats are far richer then the Shinawatra clan but they don't go in politics normally but they know who to contact to get their interest made known but with PTP they really have no one to listen to them. I know three companies of which at least two could swallow the little assets that the Shinawatra group has today. Thaksin real mistake was that he left those companies out and didn't shared his pie. I think the first option should have been for Thaksin to sell AIS to Telecom Asia and not to SingTel in Singapore.

The second mistake was he sold ThaiCom to the Singaporean government linked company. He should have offered it to sell to Telecom Asia as well. When he placed that two deals to the Singaporean's he got himself a very big upset Thai company. Then he played games wit DTAC. DTAC can't have majority owned by foreigners but AIS is ok and fine to ahve SIngaporean take over.

Then Thaksin made a tax free transaction in letting the Singapore GCC take over AIS but for Dtac and True they have to pay taxes on the sell of shares.

This was certainly that broke his neck in Thai politics. It's all about business and the other groups knew that any Thaksin linked government doesn't bring any money in their pockets so they are funneling now funds to the democrats.

BTW: Since last month a few hundred thousand demonstrate in Bangkok. Who pays the money of providing food, drinking water and logositics to the demonstrators. Most of them do not have the money to buy their drink and food for them-self, specially the thugs.

Lets say 600,000 bottles x 14 Baht per day = 8,4 million Baht

Two warm meals per day 300,000 meals x 28 Baht per day = another 8,4 million Baht

x 30 days at least 500 million Baht.

Logistics is not even included.

Surely the democrats can't pay for it so it would be great to know who are the financiers. This number above are very conservative numbers and according to some friends in Bangkok, they put the number to as high as 1.5 billion Baht to bring down the government.

This is a very perceptive post.

Well 14 baht per bottle of water, reduces the credibility for a start.

The reason why Thailand is not moving forth, may be it is because people devote to much time being critical on others. If one or the party is good, we are sure majority would vote for them. If one thinks unity and for the country, Thailand would move forth and benefit from a more mature approach. Anyway, it is just my opinion, if this continue, the country just drive around in circle.

To move forward, you need to learn. To learn, you need to accept criticism. One of the problems in Thailand is that the Thais (generally) can't accept criticism, even when it's constructive.

There will be no unity in Thailand while Thaksin is involved. Thailand won't move forward while Thaksin is involved. It's irrelevant what I think of him. What is relevant is the 100's of thousands that came out to protest when the PTP tried to give Thaksin amnesty. The country is going in circles because Thaksin keeps getting involved.

I think the issue does not involve only an Individual or family. The country has estimated 66 million people, and critics just pin point on an individual or a family? That weird. There are much more reasons than that. However, if we focus on our target of growing and the big picture rather than just excuses. The country will definitely move ahead.

you're kidding right? The last coup had to do with one person and this issue today has to do with the same person.

This thread has gone on for over 10 pages and rather quickly at that. The extra new people on TV (mostly without pics) were probably not screened before hired. This is a tactic used by the corporate fascist press in the USA to just create confusion. This post won't change anything but I'm calling you out.

• Like 1

As a relevant point of historical reference, the last time the general election was held it was this current administration which was open to and encouraged allowing outside (i.e. International) monitoring of the election voting/tabulation process. The Democrat party opposition voiced, in very clear terms, strong opposition to ANY outside vote monitoring. Their reasoning: "This is about Thailand and we do not need outsiders."

Democracy requires baby steps.

Edited by lifeincnx

They are back to their 2006 tactic, if you can't win at the ballot box, you frustrate the system. The democratic party is democratic in name only.

Not only do they backstab all the people that voted for them, they now openly support Suthep and his People's council.

Once and for all it is now been officially revealed. The financial muscle behind the Dems is the same group sponsoring the rally. I have just watched that spineless thing that calls himself a leader declaring his intentions in the hope level headed Democrat supporters will head for the streets tomorrow and swell the dwindling numbers.

What amazed me most was the skill of Blue Sky TV to hide the strings of the puppet master controlling Mr Abhisit. If they have resigned they should never be allowed to enter politics again after failing the 11 million that voted for them. The Dems are effectively saying that they dont want to govern in favour of a selected 'Peoples Council". For the 11 million that voted for these worthless people I feel sorry , you deserve better. Dont make the same mistake again, they dont want democracy, the next free election is your chance to resign this political party (term used very loosely) to history and let Thailand move forward.

The people's behind the Democrats are far richer then the Shinawatra clan but they don't go in politics normally but they know who to contact to get their interest made known but with PTP they really have no one to listen to them. I know three companies of which at least two could swallow the little assets that the Shinawatra group has today. Thaksin real mistake was that he left those companies out and didn't shared his pie. I think the first option should have been for Thaksin to sell AIS to Telecom Asia and not to SingTel in Singapore.

The second mistake was he sold ThaiCom to the Singaporean government linked company. He should have offered it to sell to Telecom Asia as well. When he placed that two deals to the Singaporean's he got himself a very big upset Thai company. Then he played games wit DTAC. DTAC can't have majority owned by foreigners but AIS is ok and fine to ahve SIngaporean take over.

Then Thaksin made a tax free transaction in letting the Singapore GCC take over AIS but for Dtac and True they have to pay taxes on the sell of shares.

This was certainly that broke his neck in Thai politics. It's all about business and the other groups knew that any Thaksin linked government doesn't bring any money in their pockets so they are funneling now funds to the democrats.

BTW: Since last month a few hundred thousand demonstrate in Bangkok. Who pays the money of providing food, drinking water and logositics to the demonstrators. Most of them do not have the money to buy their drink and food for them-self, specially the thugs.

Two warm meals per day 300,000 meals x 28 Baht per day = another 8,4 million Baht

Surely the democrats can't pay for it so it would be great to know who are the financiers. This number above are very conservative numbers and according to some friends in Bangkok, they put the number to as high as 1.5 billion Baht to bring down the government.

"Then Thaksin made a tax free transaction in letting the Singapore GCC take over AIS but for Dtac and True they have to pay taxes on the sell of shares".

So do tell us what was it that Thaksin did,three weeks before the AIS deal that allowed him not to have to pay 40% Tax on the deal? which later became the start of his many problems? Q1.Your starter for 10!

Edited by MAJIC

It seems to me that it may have been you that is smoking pot and is high.

How long were you in Vietnam? I lived there for 8 years and was married to a Vietnamese.

Pot is illegal there as are all the same internationally banned intoxicants.

The police there are completely corrupt, the government is nothing more than a "communist" mafia. Not very communist at all.

Their legal system as it relates to fooreigners is a joke. You will always lose.

You cannot own land and only 50% of any propert purchase and then only whilst you are married to a Vietnamese.

The Vietnsmese are a rude, theiving lot.

Should I go on?

There is at least a rule of law here. I can own my condo and my motorbike legally etc. Etc.

Not sure which Vietnam you visited or whether you are delusional/high/blind!

Whyle other countries in the region go forward, Thailand goes backwards, to dictatorship.

Thailand is considerably freer than Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, China, N. Korea.

Only the Philippines and possibly Indonesia could be said to allow similar levels of public political expression.

I don't know about this, it's very easy to live in Vietnam. No work permit issues, no having to leave the country, a travel agent will do your 6 month visa renewal, I see people smoking pot in all the cafes, the police are told not to hassle the tourists. Vietnam is pretty nice, not sure what makes Thailand so special. If you want to teach in Vietnam, if you have a work permit they pay you more, if not, no problem.

no I'm not smoking pot nor high on anything else. for your information pot is not illegal internationally, totally legal in Uruguay. I guess you've never been to Saigon or know any people that live there. I've researched it and it would be far easier to live in Vietnam as far as work and visa issues. I have no interest in owning a condo anywhere and as far as I know you can own a motorbike in Vietnam because most of the people I know living there own them. Welcome to TV.

It would be a great gift for the country if all of these Democrat MPs would just vanish from the surface of the Earth.

Dems MPs joining the thugs in the streets... Too funny. I hope they don't end up with a broken nail :D

And people did vote for these traitors? Incredible.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Then Thaksin made a tax free transaction in letting the Singapore GCC take over AIS but for Dtac and True they have to pay taxes on the sell of shares".

So do tell us what was it that Thaksin did,three weeks before the AIS deal that allowed him not to have to pay 40% Tax on the deal? which later became the start of his many problems? Q1.Your starter for 10!

i loathe taksin and all he is but the tax thing IMO is not correct Thailand does not have CGT tax so i don't see how any tax was due. SO much as i loathe and despise Taksin as I said their is no tax on sales of shares or profit from that

please someone correct me if I'm wrong its same Thialand does not have inheritance tax either so people seem to think rules and things as they are in some western countries apply here when they dont

What incensed people back in 2005 or was it 2006 was huge amount Taksin made from sale and his nonsense claim he had no shares that and changing law to allow it to be sold to a foreign entity.

It would be a great gift for the country if all of these Democrat MPs would just vanish from the surface of the Earth.

Dems MPs joining the thugs in the streets... Too funny. I hope they don't end up with a broken nail biggrin.png

It would be a great gift for the country if all of these PTP MPs would just vanish from the surface of the Earth.

PTP MPs joining the Red shirt thugs in the streets... Too funny. I hope they don't end up with a broken nail biggrin.png

• Like 1

Dems MPs joining the thugs in the streets... Too funny. I hope they don't end up with a broken nail biggrin.png

give it a rest mate I get more and more convinced people like you are either brain dead totally naive brainwashed or maybe paid to post such dribble

• Like 1

If all Dems and PTP could vanish in this instant,this Country could finally have less hatred, and could try to rebuild democracy from 0.

That would be a great gift.

This all looks like it's going to drag and go nowhere. The fact is......Yingluck is a very attractive woman. I would rather see her on TV every day than suffer years of looking at and listening to Margaret Thatcher or David Cameron, forget about politics.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Once and for all it is now been officially revealed. The financial muscle behind the Dems is the same group sponsoring the rally.

The people's behind the Democrats are far richer then the Shinawatra clan

All we ever hear about are mysterious, nameless, faceless people that guys like you presumably know about, but never reveal.

Most of them can be found on the forbes rich list.... Look for people who make money around food, construction, transport etc. Look at Banks, look at the rice exporters of Thailand etc. Do your research and find how certain families are linked thru business, marriage etc. Look at the biggest companies in Thailand of long standing and their owners. Its a great invitation for the devil inside me to post links but if I can find them so can you

Some have eluded to the Singha heiress, many think thats a nailed on cert. It runs very deep and you will be going to places you should not go but good luck

Gee, the way you guys go on and on so definitively about them, I was just hoping you might just simply provide a specific list of names, as requested, without a lot of obfuscating overly dramatic non-answers.

Oh well, maybe someday the people that harp endlessly about these people will actually say who they are.

Until then, we can continue to enjoy the never-ending mysterious subterfuge of repeatedly saying nothing.

Edited by Henn

"The protest leaders have said that they would not be satisfied with new elections, leaving the two sides locked in a stalemate that risks scaring off foreign investors and tourists."

The protest leaders want the country to be governed by appointed, not elected, councils because they keep losing elections. If they succeed it will tear this country apart, the Thai's will not abandon democracy without a fight.

This has been the source of my confusion about this issue all along. If they feel the uneducated masses cannot make informed decisions, then maybe they should invest a little more in education and infrastructure in the other provinces.

All we ever hear about are mysterious, nameless, faceless people that guys like you presumably know about, but never reveal.

Gee, the way you guys go on and on so definitively about them, I was just hoping you might just simply provide a specific list of names, as requested, without a lot of obfuscating overly dramatic non-answers.

Oh well, maybe someday the people that harp endlessly about these people will actually say who they are.

Until then, we can continue to enjoy the never-ending mysterious subterfuge of repeatedly saying nothing.

If you live in Thailand then best you do not name names especially those names or you would be on your tiptoes up to your chin in Guano. The laws may be lax here but the defamation law is the strictest in the world and is enforced rigorously.

Such a mess! Shinawatras trying to steamroller Thaksin into the role of Hun Sen and the Democrats with no idea how to stop them resorting to grasping at straws.

The losers over this corruption spat being the People of Thailand and its children.

Where are the leaders?

Last time the Democrats resigned on mass it was followed by a coup. Wonder if that is the scenario playing out here. Never did like too many tourists.... it will be good to have the army on the streets again during the peak of tourism season.

Edited by cacruden
  • Like 1