Thai opposition says all its MPs to resign

Lite Beer

Could either of you please inform the forum who specifically these people are?

All we ever hear about are mysterious, nameless, faceless people that guys like you presumably know about, but never reveal.

Most of them can be found on the forbes rich list.... Look for people who make money around food, construction, transport etc. Look at Banks, look at the rice exporters of Thailand etc. Do your research and find how certain families are linked thru business, marriage etc. Look at the biggest companies in Thailand of long standing and their owners. Its a great invitation for the devil inside me to post links but if I can find them so can you

Some have eluded to the Singha heiress, many think thats a nailed on cert. It runs very deep and you will be going to places you should not go but good luck

Gee, the way you guys go on and on so definitively about them, I was just hoping you might just simply provide a specific list of names, as requested, without a lot of obfuscating overly dramatic non-answers.

Oh well, maybe someday the people that harp endlessly about these people will actually say who they are.

Until then, we can continue to enjoy the never-ending mysterious subterfuge of repeatedly saying nothing.

If you live in Thailand then best you do not name names especially those names or you would be on your tiptoes up to your chin in Guano. The laws may be lax here but the defamation law is the strictest in the world and is enforced rigorously.

Then the continual mysterious subterfuge of repeatedly saying nothing it is then.

Oh well. It's handy I suppose to be able to speculate endlessly about no one.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

let me get this straight newbie possible shill; because this government was elected, regardless of how they got "elected", they are in 'power' therefore they have the right to destroy the country and because they were elected it's the duty of the people even if they don't get their wishes fulfilled to let the government do as they wish no matter if the majority objects. Is that about right?

Noop, but the story repeats itself, without any sollution. You claim they "destroy the country". Maybe because they won too much elections? You think only money bought the voters in the first place? Was there no corruption before Taksin in Thailand?

You are taking party for the democrats, that is your right. I think that corruption is everywhere. But by overthrowing time and time again an elected goverment, taking hard actions is for me not the way to fight it. I am not sure there is more or less corruption then before, I claim there has always been. I have no proof that with another goverment things would be so much better.

I have no sympathy for any of both parties, but taking side, when you not really know what is cooking underneath, makes no sense to me. I wish just more stabilty for Thailand and more common sense!

The People's Democratic Republic of Shinapore. Has a lovely ring to it.

The People's Democratic Republic of Laos? You know that government is full of Vietnamese not Laos. Oh and Vietnam they lead the Charge of Communism of S.E.A. Does that still sound pretty?

When I was booking my ticket to Thailand for the Xmas period a few months ago, there were no seats left on all the flights I was looking at but now there are loads of seats available. Even changing flight dates was pretty much closed off but now, you can pretty much pick and choose what flight you want to take.

Tourists are probably not only concerned but sick and tired of something going on politically and possibly causing issues for them whilst in Bangkok.

If the opposition won't even accept new elections and is aiming at a complete removal of anything smelling of a Shinawatra, then it's set to lose a lot of tourism to the likes of Vietnam and even Cambodia.

• Like 1

When I was booking my ticket to Thailand for the Xmas period a few months ago, there were no seats left on all the flights I was looking at but now there are loads of seats available. Even changing flight dates was pretty much closed off but now, you can pretty much pick and choose what flight you want to take.

Tourists are probably not only concerned but sick and tired of something going on politically and possibly causing issues for them whilst in Bangkok.

If the opposition won't even accept new elections and is aiming at a complete removal of anything smelling of a Shinawatra, then it's set to lose a lot of tourism to the likes of Vietnam and even Cambodia.

This country has gone through all kinds of crap the last 20 years. Tourists still come and tourists still go. So what if flights are pretty empty this month? Of course it's empty! The country is facing another crisis! Smart people are going to keep away till it's over. And when it is, the tourists will still come back. Hate the politics and the problems as much as you like, Thailand's still a pretty nice place to come for holiday.

the flights leaving are all full

• Like 1

just reading through this and the other threads re the crisis, I think there is some good considered and gentlemanly debates from either side, then there is stupid and uncalled comments and sarcasm, but I cant believe some of the hatred shown between posters, for Christ sake I really cannot see any need for it, that said I hope when the sun eventually sets today that it is not dripping with the blood of innocent people from either side.

Edited by briboy
  • Like 1

just reading through this and the other threads re the crisis, I think there is some good considered and gentlemanly debates from either side, then there is stupid and uncalled comments and sarcasm, but I cant believe some of the hatred shown between posters, for Christ sake I really cannot see any need for it, that said I hope when the sun eventually sets today that it is not dripping with the blood of innocent people from either side.

Exactly.

And since there is so much hatred in here (on a damn web forum), just imagine how much hatred there will be on the streets tomorrow..

Enough is enough here, its clear the proxy Shinawatra PM is hopelessly out of control of events, a interim Military intervention would not be such a bad outcome so long as their first priority is to neutralise once and for all Taksin and the endless number of relatives he has lining up to be PM

The lesser of two evils is the Military COUP.. Anything is better than the Thaksin and red SHIrT running Thailand now!!!

You were obviously not here during the coup years.

nor were you by sounds of things Ive been here 30 years and if you were here in years before the coup you will have witnessed Taksin taking over every part of power in this country. You will also if you were here have seen on day of coup the joy in Bangkok of we thought getting rid of this evil monster and huge welcome given to army for doing its duty and protecting once again Thailand. THe mistake was letting him go but it was thought he would give p and just take billions he stole as others had down before him and people believed his words when he said he was done with politics.

Taksin is biggest threat to democracy and freedom here I have seen in 30 years

"the joy in Bangkok".I thought there are 77 provences in Thailand,not only Bangkok,maybe Bangkok should seperate itself from Thailand

Well here we go again. The dems know they can never win an election. They want to be appointed by someone, I dont know who would do the appointing. Suthep does not want a democratic form of government and he has said so - he wants apointed government and to be the " good people" But who are the "good people"??????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

Well all the V support on my facebook of people I am connected to disappeared after the amnesty bill was supported. No no-one seems to be to enthused about this further protest (in my facebook list).

Why would anyone put something like this on their facebook page is beyond me, unless you like trash and then OK.

My local soup vendor says he's getting paid 1,000 Baht to go protest tomorrow. He says that's the only reason he's going, as he doesn't care who wins. A few of his friends are apparently being picked up by a bus tomorrow morning to go to the rally, at which point each of them will receive 1,000 Baht.

But that's not corruption, is it?

No mate that's not corruption that's Bull shit.

The MRs has been there for over a week now and she not only pays her own way but took a large envelope of donations from locals who cant be there.

Funny you say this because there were many similar stories regards red shirts taking donations to protest from fellow provincial reds who couldn't attend the rally back in 2010. Seems one side always wants to believe the other side is paid whilst believing that they themselves are the genuine protesters. Truth is, of course both rallies are paying some people, according to friends that are friendly with local vendors etc, you'll find many have received money to go to both red and anti-govt rallies. But nevertheless the sentiment is genuine and the talk of payment simply a distraction.

Edited by Emptyset

Last time the Democrats resigned on mass it was followed by a coup. Wonder if that is the scenario playing out here. Never did like too many tourists.... it will be good to have the army on the streets again during the peak of tourism season.

And they did such a good job with the economy as well.

Edited by spongeman

Tomorrow is not D-Day it is DD-Day.... Death of Democracy ohmy.png (although technically speaking Thailand is more of a feudal system with a democracy face to it -- it just that the face gets removed.

Thailand is NOT a democracy, step 1 they need to accept this and then make their next move.

The comment was meant as a retort in response to all the Dem acolytes on here that keep saying Thaksin funded the 2010 protests..without an ounce of proof

500 Baht on you tube Oh and that guy who was silenced for mentioning his boss on stage at the red rots in 2010. (Seh Daeng)

You realize the 500 baht Thaksin spoke of referred to the Democrat pension scheme right? And once again you're simply repeating a completely unsubstantiated rumour about Seh Daeng's assassination which isn't even the most plausible scenario.

Nevertheless pretty absurd to deny that Thaksin funded red shirt protests in 2010. Even if you discount possible payment of protesters, these rallies are expensive. Sound system, security, food, transport...

Dems resign en masse,on full pay of course. clap2.gif

agree it must be great being a "Poli" same all over the world actually, you can "Resign" but your mortgage keeps getting paid and you collect a 6 figure pension for life. PS I have given up voting

"The protest leaders have said that they would not be satisfied with new elections"

That pretty much tells you anything you need to know about the THUGS...they will only be satisfied if THEY get to hand pick THEIR people to go to the trough and the hell with what the thai voters want. The taksin clan isn't the only bunch of ELITES in Thailand who want to run things to line their pockets....but at least the current government was elected and not appointed by some back room bunch of THUGS who will never ever be satisfied with any election..they haven't won an election since 1992 which should tell you that the people of Thailand ain't buying what they are selling.

• Like 1

The PTP and Red Shirts have already abandoned democracy for a Thaksin dictatorship.

"The protest leaders have said that they would not be satisfied with new elections, leaving the two sides locked in a stalemate that risks scaring off foreign investors and tourists."

The protest leaders want the country to be governed by appointed, not elected, councils because they keep losing elections. If they succeed it will tear this country apart, the Thai's will not abandon democracy without a fight.

Rubbish.

This country has gone through all kinds of crap the last 20 years. Tourists still come and tourists still go. So what if flights are pretty empty this month? Of course it's empty! The country is facing another crisis! Smart people are going to keep away till it's over. And when it is, the tourists will still come back. Hate the politics and the problems as much as you like, Thailand's still a pretty nice place to come for holiday.

Ive lost count of how many times that ive seen this same political BS played out in Thailand over the last 30 years,but as one member said there is more to Thailand than Bangkok,so I simply bypass Bangkok and fly direct to Chiang Mai via Malaysia or Singapore.

• Like 1

"Rubbish".... "Bullocks"..... quite a vocabulary you have there..... you can say little in as few words as possible.

The PTP and Red Shirts have already abandoned democracy for a Thaksin dictatorship.

"The protest leaders have said that they would not be satisfied with new elections, leaving the two sides locked in a stalemate that risks scaring off foreign investors and tourists."

The protest leaders want the country to be governed by appointed, not elected, councils because they keep losing elections. If they succeed it will tear this country apart, the Thai's will not abandon democracy without a fight.

Rubbish.

"The protest leaders have said that they would not be satisfied with new elections"

That pretty much tells you anything you need to know about the THUGS...they will only be satisfied if THEY get to hand pick THEIR people to go to the trough and the hell with what the thai voters want. The taksin clan isn't the only bunch of ELITES in Thailand who want to run things to line their pockets....but at least the current government was elected and not appointed by some back room bunch of THUGS who will never ever be satisfied with any election..they haven't won an election since 1992 which should tell you that the people of Thailand ain't buying what they are selling.

I totally agree. This is the insanity of it all. A democratically elected government is not allowed to govern. The democratically elected government offers to resign and hold new elections. Not good enough for the opposition. Why? Because the opposition knows that it will lose its 5th election in a row and the current government will be returned to office.

Here's the thing. I think that the Democrat Party stinks. Historically, it pretty much invented corruption, including vote buying, but also major funnelling of cash, contracts and land zoning. But I also think that the PTP stinks. Thaksin uses it as a vehicle for his own interests and if some country folk benefit along the way, that's pretty much incidental.

The point is it doesn't matter a dam_n what you, I or the dogs in the street think of Abhisit or Thaksin. What matters is democracy. If the Democrats don't like the election results, rather than trying to abolish democracy itself, it should try formulating policies that are more attractive to a larger group of people. You know...enough to win an election.

The judiciary needs to butt out, the military needs to butt out and all the vested interests need to respect the results of elections. It's time for Thailand to grow up as a modern democracy.

• Like 1