New Start In Thailand

Would value members input on the 'Best' place to settle in Thailand. Looking for a fun life style , outside Bangkok, maybe beach, some action, but not 'full on crazy'.Would have monthly budget of around around 80,000 baht to include a rental/food/fun. thanks guys

Not Bangkok, beach, fun lifestyle, but not crazy. Sounds like Hua Hin?

Good call OC.. Hua Hin sounds just right..

Op - bt80,000 should be more than enough, but then that all depends on your lifestyle.

You really should consider coming on holiday before you resettle to get a feel for some different places .. start with Hua Hin and see what you think

totster :o

Would value members input on the 'Best' place to settle in Thailand. Looking for a fun life style , outside Bangkok, maybe beach, some action, but not 'full on crazy'.Would have monthly budget of around around 80,000 baht to include a rental/food/fun. thanks guys

Maybe Cambodia if you want a nice beach, otherwise Pattaya is the only game in town

Maybe Cambodia if you want a nice beach, otherwise Pattaya is the only game in town

good point, can get 1-years visa easy. shinoukville is cool and you can live there like a king!

good point, can get 1-years visa easy. shinoukville is cool and you can live there like a king!

I wonder: have you been there and what's it like?

LaoPo

Surely Snooky Cambo is a great spot with many advantages over Thailand

1. Unlike in Thailand, many Cambodians speak English and speak it WELL. Must be a better education system or something

2. Girls in Snook are much hotter, not the Thai tattooed skanks that are the norm around the city and the beaches. Hot Viets and Bodians abound, avg age 19-20. Very diff from T hailand indeed re: this issue.

3. Cheaper: most things are cheaper

4. Clean Beach: Snooky has a clean beach, cleaner than Thai beaches and far less crowded

5. Beers: not forced to drink local beer as in Thailand. Local Cambo beer far superior to Thailand anyway (not hard). Many imports available reasonable prices (40 baht)

6. Chicken Farms (do your own research on that)

7. Visa situation: as mentioned above, a one year visa is handed over no questions asked, no documentation.

8. Music: unlike Thailand the bars do not shove Eminem and obscene hip hop music down your throat

Snooky Cambo is a well kept secret. I was reluctant to post this b/c the folks there want to keep it that way and are very tight lipped. Don't let this get out you all, ok?

1. Unlike in Thailand, many Cambodians speak English and speak it WELL. Must be a better education system or something

2. Girls in Snook are much hotter, not the Thai tattooed skanks that are the norm around the city and the beaches. Hot Viets and Bodians abound, avg age 19-20. Very diff from T hailand indeed re: this issue.

4. Clean Beach: Snooky has a clean beach, cleaner than Thai beaches and far less crowded

5. Beers: not forced to drink local beer as in Thailand. Local Cambo beer far superior to Thailand anyway (not hard). Many imports available reasonable prices (40 baht)

7. Visa situation: as mentioned above, a one year visa is handed over no questions asked, no documentation.

8. Music: unlike Thailand the bars do not shove Eminem and obscene hip hop music down your throat

Snooky Cambo is a well kept secret. I was reluctant to post this b/c the folks there want to keep it that way and are very tight lipped. Don't let this get out you all, ok?

forced to drink local beer? forced by whom?

what, the bit about the hot "viets" and "bodians"? or the better education system? or the lack of adequate medical facilities, dentistry etc? Lets not forget about the ridiculously high incidence of HIV (a frighteningly high number of good cambodian girls go into marrige virgins only to get HIV from their cheating husbands) delicious food or the packs of politicians sons raoming the streets with guns and living completely above the law.

perhaps you like the cheap smack, ecstacy and coke too?

• 2 weeks later...

Snooky sounds good! I have been to BBK many times , as aircrew, but as I have read in many posts here, it seems a whole new ball game if you have a long time stay in mind. Any more areas I might look at, and who are the best agents to contact regarding accomadation....hope to meet some of you guys in the future, getting the best advice on all aspects is the most important thing I guess

Cheers Flyboy :o

forced to drink local beer? forced by whom?

what, the bit about the hot "viets" and "bodians"? or the better education system? or the lack of adequate medical facilities, dentistry etc? Lets not forget about the ridiculously high incidence of HIV (a frighteningly high number of good cambodian girls go into marrige virgins only to get HIV from their cheating husbands) delicious food or the packs of politicians sons raoming the streets with guns and living completely above the law.

perhaps you like the cheap smack, ecstacy and coke too?

Excellent! thanks a lot guy. please spread the word, my pals in cambo will be delighted!

Sihanoukville is an utter armpit of a place. Some of the people there make your average Pattaya lout look like Noel Coward!

Word is that the Cambodian authorities are eyeing it very closely with regards to cleaning the place up in order to give Cambodia a beach destination now that it is firmly on the tourist map.