Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Giants confident of matching Swans

Greater Western Sydney are confident they possess the forward firepower and the physical strength to test the Sydney Swans in Saturday’s AFL opening round derby at Spotless Stadium.

The Swans are fancied to mount another strong premiership challenge, while third year franchise GWS are determined to far exceed the one win they tallied last season.

Both teams will field well credentialed debutants, but just as striking are some of the omissions

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/03/15/giants-confident-of-matching-swans/

Greater Western Sydney are confident they possess the forward firepower and the physical strength to test the Sydney Swans in Saturday’s AFL opening round derby at Spotless Stadium.

The Swans are fancied to mount another strong premiership challenge, while third year franchise GWS are determined to far exceed the one win they tallied last season.

Both teams will field well credentialed debutants, but just as striking are some of the omissions

Ryan O'keefe was left out of the team. Too slow apparently

Would have been good to see Tippet up there with Buddy this game

Can't see GWS matching SYdney. A 30 point loss would be a win for them

Well... a few observations from that game

• A pleasure watching Fyfe.
  • Fremantle's year looks good. they will only get better as the year goes on
  • Collingwood is going to have a long year, even with Jesse White and Ben Reid missing tonight it wouldn't have mattered too much

I know it's early days, but why do clubs extend coaching contracts too soon?

Buckley extended until 2016. Why not just wait until midseason and then review it?

What happens if the Pies are 4 and 8 after 12 games? North Melbourne did the same

with Brad Scott as well. I just don't get it.

I think the only 2 coaches who would be poached would be Clarkson and Lyon and maybe Longmuire

to a lesser extent.

I understand the need for stability etc, but say if Buckley came out of contract this year, I couldn't see

too many clubs chasing him.

Essendon did the same with Matthew Knights and then had to pay him out.

Poor business decisions I think.

Roos might be poach-worthy also.

Buckley looked very angry again in tonight's game. He didn't have much of a season last year but that was mainly put down to stubborn players having their own agendas. What will happen if he has a crap first half of the season?

Yep, I forgot about Roosy. Another one who would be sought after.

Everyone thinks Bucks is Eddies love child and he has been given his way from day 1,

like when he got rid of the rat pack etc.

I guess it also doesn't help when your CEO comes out with Collingwood CEO Gary Pert predicts Pie flag within three years

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-ceo-gary-pert-predicts-pie-flag-within-three-years-20140314-hviw8.html#ixzz2vzQw7Qrq

To be honest, I don't mind Bucks. I prefer him as a coach to a player.

Will be interesting to see how the Pies go this year though.

• Like 1

Well... In other news, footy is back! The downside to that?Tonight's game features Collingwood tongue.png

I tried to watch it, I really did... But... I gave up... Can't stand listening to the Collingwood crowd tongue.png

Come on Mr Smith, watching Collingwood get smashed in Melbourne by an interstate club

in the opening round.

Well, it doesn't get much better than that.

Maybe if the Eagles beat them or Malthouse was coaching them but it was good all the same.

Only one game to be shown on Australian Network tomorrow. It is GWS V Swans at 1230. They were going to show both games but now they are going to show the TAS and SA election results.

I'd really like to know how the programmers at AN think.

They make some bizarre decisions at times. Just recently

for example, from Mon to Fri they have moved the news from

1930 to 1600 hours.

Well... In other news, footy is back! The downside to that?Tonight's game features Collingwood tongue.png

I tried to watch it, I really did... But... I gave up... Can't stand listening to the Collingwood crowd tongue.png

Come on Mr Smith, watching Collingwood get smashed in Melbourne by an interstate club

in the opening round.

Maybe if the Eagles beat them or Malthouse was coaching them but it was good all the same.

Watching Collingwood being done by any side is priceless.

• Like 1

Ryan O'keefe was left out of the team. Too slow apparently

Would have been good to see Tippet up there with Buddy this game

Can't see GWS matching SYdney. A 30 point loss would be a win for them

Bam bam just brought in as a sub for Keiran Jack...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

in the opening round.

Agree it's always nice to see them getting knocked over but the crowd yesterday was doing my head in.. Or maybe it was Bruce or Dennis...

:P

Bam bam just brought in as a sub for Keiran Jack...

Must have been a hell of a sore back for Jack to miss the game. First time in 2 years apparently.

The first few games Rohan and Jetta are the ones I am interested in....oh and that COLA guzzling happy fool Buddy laugh.png

Edited by BookMan

F.F.S! A loss to GWS!

I cant hold it against GWS, they played well, good tackling and played with confidence.

As for Sydney , they were awful. To give you an idea how bad the last 9 scoring shots were GWS! No cohesion anywhere across the field for the Swans. Hard to pick any decent Sydney player for the match. It was like half the team didn’t know what they were meant to be doing. Buddy hardly seen, butterfingers Reid useless out front as always. Midfield blah! Rohan were were you? Early in the season but that was awful stuff from Sydney

Rant over.

Edited by BookMan

Well who picked it? GWS by 32 points. We saw AFL History from the harbour city. Now there is a rivalry.

GWS's next 5 games,

Saints, Melbourne, Dog, Adelaide and the Gold Coast.

If they play the way they did against a finals favourite in the Swans then they have the potential to be undefeated after 6 rounds.

Not much to say about that.. Awful.. Fortunately one loss does not a season make...

Now it's time to settle in for some election results tongue.png

GWS had to stand up with 27 1st round draft picks in their squad you have to expect them to start coming of age in their 3rd season. The Swans will still be right up there at seasons end. This will now be sending a nervous twitch amongst other side especially middle and bottom rung sides.

The bright side is that the Saints are favourites for 1st and 2nd pick in the draft.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

A good start by Gold Coast.

15 points up at quarter time as Reiwoldt kicks one after

the siren.

A long way to go but I hope GC can get the choccies.

Gary Ablett with a lazy 15 possessions at the break.

I think he's the best player in the comp by a long way.