Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

39 lead at 3/4 time that's pretty much written off as a loss... 8/9 can't complain I guess :P

I am with you, on track for 9 but that is football. West Coast need to pick it up a few notches as we are now at the half way mark in the season.
  • Like 1

This week we had 3 tipsters with 8/9. They were Kooweerup, GrannysApples and ChiaNatsNat, The winner this week is GrannsApples. Well done.

attachicon.gifAFL round 11 1.jpeg

attachicon.gifAFL Rd 11.jpeg

Well done the 3 of you and to the margin winner Khun GS.

Obviously something wrong with the updated leader board...I'm still on the same points as Chooka

AS for North...F.F.s I wish they would tell me in advance when they decide to come and play.

• Like 1

This week we had 3 tipsters with 8/9. They were Kooweerup, GrannysApples and ChiaNatsNat, The winner this week is GrannsApples. Well done.

Nice work guys.

Kooweerup is in some rare form.

Mr Smith, you're working beautifully.

• Like 2

Nice work guys.

Kooweerup is in some rare form.

Mr Smith, you're working beautifully.

Oh Mr Khun Will27, I should have heeded your kind heart when you said without Glass it was going to be an uphill battle for the Eagles...

Funny how the 3 of us in the running for a clean sweep all took West Coast...

Ah well.. C'est la vie...

W.T.F is up with Collingwood being in the Top 4 now? I know they'll fade to 7th or 8th come the end of the season, but what the!

attachicon.gifAFL round 11 1.jpeg

attachicon.gifAFL Rd 11.jpeg

Well done the 3 of you and to the margin winner Khun GS.

Obviously something wrong with the updated leader board...I'm still on the same points as Chooka

AS for North...F.F.s I wish they would tell me in advance when they decide to come and play.

Now you see there is a problem there Bookman that you caused. You through out a challenge to me at the start and now I am that unwanted guest laying on your sofa with a bad case of untreated eczema scratching all night. biggrin.png The only way you are going to shake me or your sofa cussions is to pull out of the tipping comp or bring me another pillow and blanket. Oh a cold beer and some more of those party pies.thumbsup.gif

Oh did I mention my dreamteam gave you a smacking also today?

Gotta love AFLthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

at home he's seen for years.

What do you Sydney boys want for Tom Mitchellbiggrin.png

I am fearful we may lose some midfielders due to salary cap issues and an oversupply of promising midfielders. Reserves side is on the top of the table now

You can have Ryan O keefe if u want mate...

Here are the odds for the premiership now

1904113_10152207708252639_11490879849857

Edited by BookMan

Now you see there is a problem there Bookman that you caused. You through out a challenge to me at the start and now I am that unwanted guest laying on your sofa with a bad case of untreated eczema scratching all night. biggrin.png The only way you are going to shake me or your sofa cussions is to pull out of the tipping comp or bring me another pillow and blanket. Oh a cold beer and some more of those party pies.thumbsup.gif

I wondered who broke into my place last week and stole my party pies, thongs and signed Buddy Franklin photo. And to be honest, I thought that was coconut dust on my lounge.

• Like 1

I wondered who broke into my place last week and stole my party pies, thongs and signed Buddy Franklin photo. And to be honest, I thought that was coconut dust on my lounge.

sorry about the Buddy photo but you really must keep a spare roll of paper in the toilet for your guests.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

If I was ever so inclined to bet against the boys, I'd have some spare coin on the Power... $6.50? Those are pretty good odds and they've probably held firm considering the Dees gave them a run yesterday. Surely nowhere near as good as the odds they were probably paying at the beginning of the year :P

Probably somewhere around the mark the Swans were paying in '12 at the start of the season (99/1 thanks for coming)

sorry about the Buddy photo but you really must keep a spare roll of paper in the toilet for your guests.thumbsup.gif

Not everyone can say they have had Buddy up their backside chooka

• Like 1

St Kilda set to announce former Port Melbourne VFL assistant Peta Searle as Saints’ new development coach.

PETA Searle has become the AFL’s first full-time female assistant coach after accepting a position at St Kilda.

Searle is expected to begin work immediately as a development coach at Seaford after her last game as assistant coach under Daniel Harford at St Kevin’s Old Boys on Saturday.

Searle, who became the first female assistant coach in the VFL with Port Melbourne under former AFL coach Gary Ayres, said she gave up her dream of coaching within the AFL just last month due to financial restraints.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-set-to-announce-former-port-melbourne-vfl-assistant-peta-searle-as-saints-new-development-coach/story-fni5f9q3-1226939100103

From what I've heard about chooka, you're lucky he didn't steal your girlfriend as wellw00t.gif

• Like 1

If I was ever so inclined to bet against the boys, I'd have some spare coin on the Power... $6.50? Those are pretty good odds and they've probably held firm considering the Dees gave them a run yesterday. Surely nowhere near as good as the odds they were probably paying at the beginning of the year tongue.png

Probably somewhere around the mark the Swans were paying in '12 at the start of the season (99/1 thanks for coming)

Yep

Everyone is still not sold on Port despite their spot on the ladder.

They play a taxing type of footy and I just wonder when they come

up against the bigger bodies of the Hawks, Freo and Sydney later

on in the year that they might struggle.

Having said that, it's hard to see them dropping out of top 2.

Two home finals will be handy.

St Kilda set to announce former Port Melbourne VFL assistant Peta Searle as Saints’ new development coach.

PETA Searle has become the AFL’s first full-time female assistant coach after accepting a position at St Kilda.

Searle is expected to begin work immediately as a development coach at Seaford after her last game as assistant coach under Daniel Harford at St Kevin’s Old Boys on Saturday.

Searle, who became the first female assistant coach in the VFL with Port Melbourne under former AFL coach Gary Ayres, said she gave up her dream of coaching within the AFL just last month due to financial restraints.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-set-to-announce-former-port-melbourne-vfl-assistant-peta-searle-as-saints-new-development-coach/story-fni5f9q3-1226939100103

What's your view here chooka?

Can't see a problem with it as she seems to have the credentials and experience. A development coach is more about mentoring / providing support and mentally preparing the kids for the elite level both on and off the field.

There still remains within the industry an element of old school thinking (dinosaurs?) who believe that coaches must play the game at the highest level before they can truly coach elite players.

There is no doubt that those who have played the game at the highest level have gained invaluable experience and knowledge. But remember playing and coaching are very different skill sets. Contemporary knowledge and understanding of the game is essential but only one element of coaching.

A coach is in the people business and as such people management skills are equally vital. Your ability and skills in the areas of leadership, working with others and achieving results must be on a par with your football knowledge.

She has played the game at the highest level a woman can and was the head coach of the Victorian womens team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B8oYlmMgkUg

• Like 2

She was interviewed on the Marngrook Footy Show (Koorie football show) 10 days ago and gave absolutely no indication she was taking a job at St Kilda. Seems it was all very sudden. Apparently she is also a single mother of two young kids and being a full time AFL coach is not going to be easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UfUTEEyC118

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Yep

I'm never sold on Port, not until Boak's holding the cup will I be sold on it...

Didn't they go out in straight sets the last time they finished Top 2? Oops no they didn't they went on to make the GF (2007) and get trounced by Geelong... 7 years is a long time in football it seems, 2014 is also the 10 year anniversary of Port's last GF win... All signs leading to Alberton? Pigs arse they are! :P

I think when they go up against Sydney will be their big test (next week) and then a touch up in round 20...

Yep

I'm never sold on Port, not until Boak's holding the cup will I be sold on it...

Didn't they go out in straight sets the last time they finished Top 2? Oops no they didn't they went on to make the GF (2007) and get trounced by Geelong... 7 years is a long time in football it seems, 2014 is also the 10 year anniversary of Port's last GF win... All signs leading to Alberton? Pigs arse they are! tongue.png

I think when they go up against Sydney will be their big test (next week) and then a touch up in round 20...

Ports big test is at home this week against the rampaging saints.whistling.gif Ok the wife is calling me.

• Like 2

Sidebottom offered three weeks after crude hit on Weller
COLLINGWOOD'S Steele Sidebottom is facing a three-match suspension, while Greater Western Sydney's Jeremy Cameron has been offered a one-match ban, after the Match Review Panel's scrutiny of round 11.
But Sydney Swans star Adam Goodes, North Melbourne veteran Brent Harvey and Essendon midfielder Heath Hocking, who were all involved in high contact incidents, have been cleared.
The high bump that Goodes landed on Geelong skipper Joel Selwood at the SCG on Thursday night attracted the MRP's attention.
Goodes had both feet off the ground and collected Selwood in the head but the panel found that "Goodes jumps in an attempt to contest the ball and braces for contact.

COLLINGWOOD'S Steele Sidebottom is facing a three-match suspension, while Greater Western Sydney's Jeremy Cameron has been offered a one-match ban, after the Match Review Panel's scrutiny of round 11.
But Sydney Swans star Adam Goodes, North Melbourne veteran Brent Harvey and Essendon midfielder Heath Hocking, who were all involved in high contact incidents, have been cleared.
The high bump that Goodes landed on Geelong skipper Joel Selwood at the SCG on Thursday night attracted the MRP's attention.
Goodes had both feet off the ground and collected Selwood in the head but the panel found that "Goodes jumps in an attempt to contest the ball and braces for contact.

I thought Sidebum would get 3 to 4 but haven't seen the Goodes or Harvey reports.

I didn't think Hocking should get off but after they let Cooney off last week,

I thought he would.

Looks like you can have your head over the ball and have someone hit you now.

I thought Sidebum would get 3 to 4 but haven't seen the Goodes or Harvey reports.

I thought he would.

I thought Goodes could have copped one week

I too thought Goodesy was gone for a week - perks of be AoTY? :P

Now with that done, he should also collect - without prejudice and in no particular order - his 3rd Brownlow (irrespective of how many votes he actually gets), the Coleman Medal (no matter how many goals he kicks), his 3rd Premiership* and the Norm Smith Medal (regardless of the Swans making the Grand Final)

* with respect to the 3rd Premiership, the caveat is that the Swans will make the Grand Final and win on the basis of Goodesy.

• Like 1

I too thought Goodesy was gone for a week - perks of be AoTY? tongue.png

Now with that done, he should also collect - without prejudice and in no particular order - his 3rd Brownlow (irrespective of how many votes he actually gets), the Coleman Medal (no matter how many goals he kicks), his 3rd Premiership* and the Norm Smith Medal (regardless of the Swans making the Grand Final)

* with respect to the 3rd Premiership, the caveat is that the Swans will make the Grand Final and win on the basis of Goodesy.

I'd like to see him get into some good form....3 goals was a good start

The BIG announcement with Tony Abbott on Saturday night...what a fizzer that was....$500k for something or other...I tuned out when i heard it was nothing. Sydney pays that much to Million-Dollar-Buddy for his petrol allowance

I thought he would.

Sidebottom should get at least the same punishment as his victim who is out for 5.