Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Hawks v Sydney Game of the round on this week. Perhaps the game of the year thus far. For my mind these are the two teams most likely to win the GF this year. Both have enormous depth, great midfields, forward lines that are difficult to shut down with so many goal kicking options and solid defence. Still tipping Sydney for this one for me. Hawks have a few injuries still, but their backline will have to work overtime this game. Mind game wise, the small concern for Sydney the remainder of this year is their unsigned players and how that affects their mental state.

I still like a Syd/Freo GF.

The Hawks have a tough run with WB, Freo in Perth, Geelong and Collingwood.

I know Freo have to play Hawthorn, Geelong and Port but I don't think they will

lose another game at home this year. The game at Simmonds will be crucial.

I don't think Freo are in the same slot as they were last year, whereas Sydney has gone up a notch and the Hawks are very bit as good as they were. Injuries could decide the Hawks ambitions this year.

I just looked and Hawthorn have come in as the Bookmakers favourites for the match. Hawks 1.80, Sydney $2.05. Earlier in the week Sydney were the faves at $1.80

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Haven't seen a hit on a West Coast player like that since Hally floored Staker at ANZ stadium!

Vickery's not going to get that long a stretch for that because he had eyes on the ball. He's looking at a season ending suspension though. Cox's medical report will be a big talking about for the MRP.

It'll go straight to the tribunal, no early guilty pleas permitted. 5 weeks.

• Like 1

Hawks v Sydney Game of the round on this week. Perhaps the game of the year thus far. For my mind these are the two teams most likely to win the GF this year. Both have enormous depth, great midfields, forward lines that are difficult to shut down with so many goal kicking options and solid defence. Still tipping Sydney for this one for me. Hawks have a few injuries still, but their backline will have to work overtime this game. Mind game wise, the small concern for Sydney the remainder of this year is their unsigned players and how that affects their mental state.

I still like a Syd/Freo GF.

The Hawks have a tough run with WB, Freo in Perth, Geelong and Collingwood.

I know Freo have to play Hawthorn, Geelong and Port but I don't think they will

lose another game at home this year. The game at Simmonds will be crucial.

I don't think Freo are in the same slot as they were last year, whereas Sydney has gone up a notch and the Hawks are very bit as good as they were. Injuries could decide the Hawks ambitions this year.

I just looked and Hawthorn have come in as the Bookmakers favourites for the match. Hawks 1.80, Sydney $2.05. Earlier in the week Sydney were the faves at $1.80

I think Freo are travelling about the same as last year. They had 16 wins and now have 12.

Maybe the frenetic intensity isn't there but maybe Lyon doesn't want them peaking too early.

To come into that side that lost to the Saint's are Ballantyne, Sandilands, Walters and Hill. Those 4

are all elite.

Yep, Sydney are up a notch, no doubt about that. Buddy will do that for youwink.png

I think a lot of the Hawks have missed a bit too much footy.

Would never tip against them though.

I'm not sure if Geelong have 1 more crack at the GF left in them.

• Like 1

WOW.

Gold Coast humiliated in the first quarter by Brisbane 49-8.

This is the worst the Gold Coast have played all year. Looks like they have given up hopes for a top 8 finish and might have given up the collective will to live. Possibly they have all been drugged with sleeping tablets.

3 players for GC didn't even touch the ball first quarter!!

Disposals in the 1st quarter

Brisbane: 124

Gold Coast: 35

There was just 3 minutes to go in the quarter when Gold Coast took their FIRST mark for the game! blink.png

WOW.

Gold Coast humiliated in the first quarter by Brisbane 49-8.

This is the worst the Gold Coast have played all year. Looks like they have given up hopes for a top 8 finish and might have given up the collective will to live. Possibly they have all been drugged with sleeping tablets.

3 players for GC didn't even touch the ball first quarter!!

Disposals in the 1st quarter

Brisbane: 124

Gold Coast: 35

There was just 3 minutes to go in the quarter when Gold Coast took their FIRST mark for the game! blink.png

Tell me about it!

I just can't pick a winner. I think GC are well and truly out of petrol.

GC's first quarter of footy was just about the worst quarter I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Pretty good game to watch. Sydney had it's chances kicking for goal.

Late in the 4th Q. Not sure why Goodes mark wasn't paid. And also the tackle before that on Hill which brought him to the ground, Hill handballs from the ground and Roughy kicks a goal.

• Like 1

Interestingly about tonight's game was the goal review of Benny McGlynn..

Lots of commentary at the time saying Gibson touched it and McGlynn's actions signaled that it was touched.

Benny tweeted earlier tonight that Gibson didn't touch it and that he (McGlynn) was signaling as such.

The vision was pretty rough on the replay but they got it right..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What a miserable round for tipsters

Oh? alt=w00t.gif>

alt=facepalm.gif> Im not saying anything till after todays game.

biggrin.png Well got out of jail a little bit today with crows win.

Off topic watch the daniel geale fight this morning,he threw a nice punch only to be ko'd in the same retaliation motion.

Dont think i would have carried on either.laugh.png

• Like 1

Can anyone pop in to WIll27's house and check on him? I'm hoping he hasn't sunk into deep depression

zero and four mate.

What a weekend for footy!

Add to that Coxxy getting knocked out and the wife

has put me on suicide watchw00t.gif

With chooka out staying his welcome, you reckon there's any room for us on Khun BM's couch, Khun Will27?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Can anyone pop in to WIll27's house and check on him? I'm hoping he hasn't sunk into deep depression

zero and four mate.

With chooka out staying his welcome, you reckon there's any room for us on Khun BM's couch, Khun Will27?

I'll bring the Red Rocks if you bring the Cadbury'ssmile.png

zero and four mate.

You guys are all welcome to share my couch. It will be a comfortable view for you as I move into the distance

• Like 1

zero and four mate.

Cadbury's? There'll be no such rot especially with Red Rocks, I will however break out the good stuff - Haigh's - for a good solid home grown Aussie product ;)

So this thought just crossed my mind - which to be fair is a big thing given my delicate state today - Malceski for Frawley. Jus' sayin' wink.png

I had heard a rumour about Frawley going to Sydney.

He must be keen for a pay cut

Cadbury's? There'll be no such rot especially with Red Rocks, I will however break out the good stuff - Haigh's - for a good solid home grown Aussie product wink.png

Sorry Mr Smith.

In Chiang Rai, a family block of Cadbury's cost 220 Baht, so I assumed it was the good stuff.

That's why I stick to the M&M'sbiggrin.png

• Like 2