CAPO chief Surapong calls for end of demonstrations

webfact

CAPO calls for end of demonstrations

BANGKOK, 9 December 2013 (NNT) – The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) has called on the anti-government protesters to end their demonstrations after the government has dissolved the House.

Acting Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, who is overseeing CAPO operation, made a televised announcement this morning calling for the Democrat-led demonstrators to end their rallies as the government had already decided to dissolve the parliament.

The acting minister urged the protesters as well as several groups of students joining the rallies to return to their homes, in the hope of restoring peace and positive image of the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-12-09 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Does he like the sound of his own voice or does he really believe anti government protestors are going to listen to him? I mean these people are protesting against his boss. Why would they listen to his boss' lackey?

Edited by TVGerry

The police force will need a major overhaul and also individuals like Surapong, Pracha and the Plodsop guy should all be expelled form the country along with their immediate families. For those pro reds, just go out to the major areas today and see how many people are out there. were your red shirts and make ur public speeches. It would be fun.

CAPO calls protesters to return homes to save national image

anti-thaksin-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order called on protesters to end the protests and return homes for the sake of peace and image of the country.

CAPO director Surapong Tovichakchaikul said on an urgent TV broadcast at 11.30 a.m. today that the current mass protests by students, the people and other groups of people have already caused damages to the country.

He then called on all protesters to give cooperation to the government to end the protest and return homes.

He urged them to help restore the country’s image which has been badly tarnished by the mass demonstrations.

He said protesters could protect democracy and enable it to function as usual.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/capo-calls-protesters-return-homes-save-national-image/

-- Thai PBS 2013-12-09

Save the National image ? Do they really believe that outside the politically correct comments made by foreign diplomats that they have garnered any sort of positive image over their action of the past few years. Sadly the rest of the world is not as corrupt or gullible as the folks in Isan

• Like 1

The acting minister urged the protesters as well as several groups of students joining the rallies to return to their homes, in the hope of restoring peace and positive image of the country.

Don't you worry, the country's image is quite safe. It's about the same as it's always been, you silly man.

• Like 1

So effectively the coussin of the reason for all this is asking 'Please help my brother save some face and stop complaining'. Yeah, right, The 'image' of Thailand is the same as 'face', better for Thailand to lose face now and install a real government, then they can start doing the government's real job and quickly regain any lost 'face' by doing the job properly...

LMAO. Mr. T, has used the best strategies available to him and his Government and so far, it has gotten them nowhere. I love, they way, they keep throwing the word "democracy" around. Votebuying does not equal democracy. Thai people know that and a lot of them had enough. (Then again, there are those too, who look forward to the payoffs, come election time. For example, in the Chiang Mai, Municipal elections, they were paying 800 Baht, to many voters this time. That's quite a bit, compared to the 200-400 Baht, they used to pay in Federal Elections, per head.)

So does so-called Democracy work in Thailand. NO!. People throw the word democracy around, like it is some ultimate, universal truth and a must for society. I see it as the root of the problem, in many Western Nations. Democracy is much to easily influenced, by the rich and powerful, who usually control most of the media..

Anyways, there is more to Thai politics, than meets the eye and I don't claim to understand it all. The media tends to oversimplify things and call one side Royalist Elitist and the other side, the "rural, working poor". Fact is, both sides, love their King and the Royal Family and both sides, have millions of poor, hard working members among them.

Are some of them, being paid to protest? The answer is yes, but I believe, they are a minority, on both sides. Mr T.'s organizers, offered 500 Baht per person, for anyone, who would support the reds, in Bangkok, about a week ago. One of our Thai neighbors told them "I'm sorry, but I don't think my life insurance covers demonstrations"

On the other hand, I know some anti-government protesters, who have all of their family and friends down there with them and I know some Thai people, in Bangkok, who have volunteered to cook and provide food, for the protesters, during the past month.

Many people seem to be quite excited, about the possibility of getting rid of the current system.

I guess, time will tell, what happens.

Hopefully, it will be a peaceful outcome, that will benefit most Thai people, in the long run..

...and the alternative to democracy (in whatever corrupted form it takes) is.... ?