Thai protesters congratulated for "reclaiming country with bare hands"

webfact

POLITICS
Protesters congratulated for "reclaiming country with bare hands"

The Nation

30221711-01_big.jpg
Photo : Pramote Putthaisong

BANGKOK: -- Rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban spent seven hours on Monday leading a march from the Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road to the Government House on Phitsanulok Road.

Speaking on a newly set up stage in front of the Government House, Suthep said that today was a historic day for Thailand, the day all Bangkok roads were crowded with antigovernment protesters.

"We should be proud of ourselves that this is the first time the people, owners of the country, reclaimed the country from a corrupt government with our bare hands. We do it today, my fellow Thais," Suthep told the cheering crowds.

He also claimed that tonight would be the first time t the protesters would stay overnight in the middle of the streets.

He joked that he did not feel any pain in his legs after the long walk. "But my arms ache instead because I was waving to our supporters all along the route," he said.

He added that because he is the most senior member of People’s Democratic Reform Committee, the other members had ensured he had the longest march.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-09

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You all now can see. but for me I am still waiting for his agenda behind all the selling and idea. I want to see if really what he say to the people is what he really will do. Guys and girls, don't trust a politician and furthermore he is an old politician. And I want to see how the ways he propose the people council?

What do you think red supporters? Has Yingluck's government deliberate loss of more than 10 billion US dollars on rice scheme been justified? Bear in mind, they wasted 10 billion USD, not baht, just to stay popular in rural Thailand. How can anyone justifie that? It endangers the whole country's financial stability and the system.

An absolute idiot could run the country that way and win the election. Who is going to make up for more than 10 billion USD lost? By the way, rumour has it that there are 200 billion baht unaccounted for.

Who could justify that?

Robert Mugabe is one who comes to mind.

Carry on with your vitriol. I've never made a secret of disliking this man, what with his history of shonky land deals and ultra nationalism. But. He's won. Go get a beer, kick back. Don't forget who you are. FARANG laugh.png

• Like 2

Has Yingluck got the stomach for another fight? To be constantly dogged by questions of putting family before country, incompetence, no leadership skills- it can't be fun.

As self-inflected as her situation might be and as justifiably loathed as she is by so many Thais I've got to give her props for maintain a modicum of holding it together amid the shitstorm that comes her way on a daily basis over literally everything. If it were me I'd be shotgunning tylenol 24-7 or have given up long ago and gone back to bed with a mug of Horlicks and a Rupert The Bear Annual..

• Like 1

He won because he forced a general election..The Shinawats are running out of prospective candidates for PM, Yingluck may be forced to stand again in spite of her saying she only wants peace.

no they're not! cousin Somchai Wongsawut has now served his 5 year ban and is able to serve once again!

Edited by millwall_fan

Suthep didn't win. He lost. An election is the last thing he wanted. And he will lose again when February comes and the Thai people show the Democrats again that they don't want them in power.

Suthep can proclaim victory like North Koreas Kim Jong-un but the truth is that he has no power at all, without the army or police behind him, which he doesn't have.

• Like 1

Lol, as I thought... Yeah, let's camp on the streets and disrupt everyday life of anyone else.

That's cool, congratulations Khun Suthep. Maybe if you will enlighten Thai people and tell them a draft plan, maybe...

It's the same plan your red shirts had....lol oh snap!

• Like 1

Suthep didn't win. He lost. An election is the last thing he wanted. And he will lose again when February comes and the Thai people show the Democrats again that they don't want them in power.

Suthep can proclaim victory like North Koreas Kim Jong-un but the truth is that he has no power at all, without the army or police behind him, which he doesn't have.

Amsterdam? Where have you been? We've missed you !

Are you sure he doesn't have the army? I might bet you on that lol.

Edited by Stradavarius37
  • Like 2