Thai protesters congratulated for "reclaiming country with bare hands"

webfact

I've long been far too cynical for mainstream politics and I'm no fan of Suthep or any of the political parties, but I have to hand it to Suthep for giving a cracking speech tonight.

OK, being who he is he'd be expected say what he said...

...But the charges that he laid at the feet of the Shinawatra government(s) were things that the silent majority among Thais, many expats and what many impartial observers have been thinking if not saying for a very long time.

Even the the television presenter on Thai PBS admitted live that "all 6 points were couched in reason that is hard to refute".

Personally, it felt really good to hear all of it being said in a live national address by a skilled orator (whatever his sins, Suthep does have a very sharp silver tongue).

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 2

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He won because he forced a general election..The Shinawats are running out of prospective candidates for PM, Yingluck may be forced to stand again in spite of her saying she only wants peace.

no they're not! cousin Somchai Wongsawut has now served his 5 year ban and is able to serve once again!

I would have been happy, if they just tried to call new elections, but this is not what Suthep wants, so where's the victory again?

Lol, as I thought... Yeah, let's camp on the streets and disrupt everyday life of anyone else.

That's cool, congratulations Khun Suthep. Maybe if you will enlighten Thai people and tell them a draft plan, maybe...

It's the same plan your red shirts had....lol oh snap!

555++++ Me a redshirt (again), you're so superficial and so far from the truth buddy.

P.s.: When red shirts occupied large Ratchaprasong, I cursed them indefinite times, for their criminal acts, for your info.

When lack of arguments, just point oud "You're a red! You're a yellow!". Great.

• Like 2

Suthep, the Mandala of Thailand.

Suthep, the Madman of Thailand is more apt.

So disrespectful to a man who has done more for democracy than you can imagine.

I guess, that remains to be seen!

I'm beginning to understand you are a desperate man, millwall fan, though your heart may be in the right place.

1 Somchai Wongsawat is a decent man, but entirely without colour, There is absolutely nothing visually, emotionally or intellectually to excite the electorate with his presence. I recommend his speeches to any of my friends who suffer from insomnia.

2. I have never heard of Millwall before, on the internet it said it was a depressed area of south London with many hooligans. Is that true? Perhaps the red shirts of Chiang Mai or Udon, notable thugs themselves, could join up with your fans for the next World Cup!

Let me put it this way, when everything is in the chaos (SET index down, currency down, civil unrest, tourism market down, Multinational 500 company holding back their investment, new investor changing the investment to other country, and many more) So total economy crisis in Thailand.

So let face the fact, all politician win and the real loses will be the country economy and people living in it.

Why I say that, let face the reality. politician who lose will just resign or leave the country, the ones who win will get what they want but remember they all are rich. So what happen to all the people that help the political party win and force the others to lose? The people will go back the same life and get nothing in return and when the economy down turn, who will be suffering, the people again.

So whatever outcome, for me the loser will always be the people and the economy.

• Like 1

I've long been far too cynical for mainstream politics and I'm no fan of Suthep or any of the political parties, but I have to hand it to Suthep for giving a cracking speech tonight.

OK, being who he is he'd be expected say what he said...

...But the charges that he laid at the feet of the Shinawatra government(s) were things that the silent majority among Thais, many expats and what many impartial observers have been thinking if not saying for a very long time.

Even the the television presenter on Thai PBS admitted live that "all 6 points were couched in reason that is hard to refute".

Personally, it felt really good to hear all of it being said in a live national address by a skilled orator (whatever his sins, Suthep does have a very sharp silver tongue).

What he says about the Shin clan, is obviously right and true. And respect to him he try to do something for stop them to be in Thai politics, but...

But he cannot claim for himself or his elusive People's Council the power to form a Government. It's something that if will happen in any western country will end up in a military action against his group.

Told that. If he has some plans (and until now he did not speak "a" about his plans) and can free country from the Shin, without being involved (him or any Democrats) in a People's Council. Oh well, I will get back all my doubts. But... it's pure utopia.

• Like 1

Suthep didn't win. He lost. An election is the last thing he wanted. And he will lose again when February comes and the Thai people show the Democrats again that they don't want them in power.

Suthep can proclaim victory like North Koreas Kim Jong-un but the truth is that he has no power at all, without the army or police behind him, which he doesn't have.

So do you really think that the Thai people want this bunch of thieves voted in again? If (and it's a big if) there will be an election in two months time, Thaksin will not win. During the time up to the election I am sure of a lot of irregularities will show up regarding how the country's finances been managed during the last two year. The people in the north and north-east of Thailand are maybe not as well educated as the Bangkok Thais but they still hate thieves.

Thai protesters congratulated for "reclaiming country with bare hands"

I clicked on this thread expecting to read about congratulations pouring in from leaders worldwide. :bah:

Perhaps North Korea's Kim Jong-un sent a bouquet of flowers to Suthep.

• Like 1

Lol, as I thought... Yeah, let's camp on the streets and disrupt everyday life of anyone else.

That's cool, congratulations Khun Suthep. Maybe if you will enlighten Thai people and tell them a draft plan, maybe...

The whole point of the demonstrations was to disrupt everyone .... get back on your banana boat ... high tide awaitswhistling.gif

• Like 1

The leaders came out on the streets with their millions of followers unlike the PTP red thugs in 2010 who were directing things from their bunkers while their troops were in the front line.in what wasn't a " peaceful protest" as the convictions have since shown.

• Like 1

The leaders came out on the streets with their millions of followers unlike the PTP red thugs in 2010 who were directing things from their bunkers while their troops were in the front line.in what wasn't a " peaceful protest" as the convictions have since shown.

I guess you're forgetting the red shirt leaders that were at Rajprasong when the army under Suthep's orders was firing live bullets and killed over 80 civilians.

And if you think that Suthep is a "leader", it just shows how brainwashed you are. Suthep is a puppet for higher powers.

• Like 1

The whole point of the demonstrations was to disrupt everyone .... get back on your banana boat ... high tide awaitswhistling.gif

Thanks for the free insult.

Maybe you did not understand my point and did not find anything better that give me an insult with a smiley, how cute.

I guess you're forgetting the red shirt leaders that were at Rajprasong when the army under Suthep's orders was firing live bullets and killed over 80 civilians.

And if you think that Suthep is a "leader", it just shows how brainwashed you are. Suthep is a puppet for higher powers.

The situation is different. There were armed terrorist (Men in Black) among the Red Shirts, hence the order to use life bullet was justified and appropriate.

There were men in black in Ramkamhaeng a week ago shooting people. Didn't see the army come out and kill civilians and news reporters.

• Like 1

Suthep, the Mandala of Thailand.

Spare, I've got your back here....now before all you other posters jump down Spare's throat on this one, I suggest that you educate yourselves (Wikipedia will do) on the term Mandala!

Yes, Nelson has been in the news recently, but before you hang Spare, look up "Mandala (Southeast Asian Political Model)".

I'm just guessing here....so if I'm wrong and Spare did mean Mandela, then disregard! tongue.png

Suthep didn't win. He lost. An election is the last thing he wanted. And he will lose again when February comes and the Thai people show the Democrats again that they don't want them in power.

Suthep can proclaim victory like North Koreas Kim Jong-un but the truth is that he has no power at all, without the army or police behind him, which he doesn't have.

He'll have the police behind him soon.

Both "peoples man of choice", suthep and his fellow unemployed murder suspect, abhisit, are due to appear at an arraignment hearing on 12th December - no parliamentary immunity this time, boys.

• Like 2

Suthep, thanks to the Media Dicvision of the Democratic Party, AKA The Nation, is putting the best face on it he can - and yes not going home after D Day - He can't and neither can the Dems

Elections just mean they get beat down at the polls.This has got to continue, but they need to beak for Constitution Day. Always a bad day to fight to overthrow the elected goverment, and put in Unelected Peoples Councils to govern the country.

Gosh darn that Constitution Day biggrin.png

Amsterdam? Where have you been? We've missed you !

Are you sure he doesn't have the army? I might bet you on that lol.

Some people are dumber than a pile of dogshit.

Classy too? You wife really struck it rich with you, bless your heart

Amsterdam? Where have you been? We've missed you !

Are you sure he doesn't have the army? I might bet you on that lol.

Some people are dumber than a pile of dogshit.
Classy too? You wife really struck it rich with you, bless your heart

Mine struck rich, others strike shit ;)

The situation is different. There were armed terrorist (Men in Black) among the Red Shirts, hence the order to use life bullet was justified and appropriate.

There were men in black in Ramkamhaeng a week ago shooting people. Didn't see the army come out and kill civilians and news reporters.

A true believer kook aid - Charles Manson would be proud

RT@Aim_NT: PDRC asks people in every province to set up volunteer work force to replace police in keeping peace and order: Suthep.

Suthep is sailing into dangerous waters now, effectively dissolving the Royal Thai Police. I think this will end badly for him.

• Like 1

RT@Aim_NT: PDRC asks people in every province to set up volunteer work force to replace police in keeping peace and order: Suthep.

Suthep is sailing into dangerous waters now, effectively dissolving the Royal Thai Police. I think this will end badly for him.

This is the worst... he needs to be removed from politics

• Like 2