Thai protesters congratulated for "reclaiming country with bare hands"

webfact

I saw this on the live news thread:-

RT@Myaimistrue7: If the Reds are so poor/stupid, & the Dems so rich/smart, why can't they figure out how to get the Reds to vote for them? #ThaiUprising

It isn't exactly rocket science. It is a simple fact that there re more poor/stupid people in Thailand than there are rich/smart people.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we 'won' it was a pyrrhic victory, because in 60 days time there will be an election which he will lose again!!!!

Spare: i know your comparison was satirical, but it was in rather bad taste in my opinion.

'reclaimed the country from a corrupt government'? well, Mr. Suthep knows a thing or two about corruption.

I think Shincorp will be doing well to survive 60 days more of this.

- A true believer kook aid - Charles Manson would be proud

//Strad, are you high or something? Coz you do come out with no credibility to your claims other than slander and throwing mud. Tell me, are you Suthep's campaign manager?

//Strad, are you high or something? Coz you do come out with no credibility to your claims other than slander and throwing mud. Tell me, are you Suthep's campaign manager?

What claims? Lol You don't know me, it what I think. I haven't voiced any support for Suthep. I'll wait while you chew on that spanky.

What claims? Lol You don't know me, it what I think. I haven't voiced any support for Suthep. I'll wait while you chew on that spanky.

Hmm I guess that answers one question.

Suthep, the Mandala of Thailand.

Spare, I've got your back here....now before all you other posters jump down Spare's throat on this one, I suggest that you educate yourselves (Wikipedia will do) on the term Mandala!

Yes, Nelson has been in the news recently, but before you hang Spare, look up "Mandala (Southeast Asian Political Model)".

I'm just guessing here....so if I'm wrong and Spare did mean Mandela, then disregard! tongue.png

OK, I'll happily give Spare the benefit of the doubt. djhotsox1 If you really did intend the spelling you chose, Spare, I bow my head humbly before your superior intellect.

I smell lese majeste charges coming soon. This is going too far in terms of disrespect.

So do you respect the Thai police?

Do I agree with all of their actions? Sure not. Who does?

Do I respect who they were appointed by and who they serve? Yes, I do.

Suthep has just sailed into dangerous waters by calling for the Royal Thai Police to be dissolved. This will not end well for him. He's showing his true goals and colors now and they are not yellow.

• Like 1

What do you think red supporters? Has Yingluck's government deliberate loss of more than 10 billion US dollars on rice scheme been justified? Bear in mind, they wasted 10 billion USD, not baht, just to stay popular in rural Thailand. How can anyone justifie that? It endangers the whole country's financial stability and the system.

An absolute idiot could run the country that way and win the election. Who is going to make up for more than 10 billion USD lost? By the way, rumour has it that there are 200 billion baht unaccounted for.

The rice scheme was designed to help poor farmers who were being forced to sell their land to the rich and become tenants because they couldn't afford to keep going. The ruling elite rubbed their hands in glee as they bought up even more ethnic Thai owned land. I'm not saying the scheme is not corrupt. I'm not saying it is the most efficient way of taking money from the rich to give to the poor. I'm not saying that some of those administering the scheme don't have their fingers in the till. but it is a scheme. and no government has ever come up with a way to help the rural poor before. If Suthep has a better scheme to help the poor I'd love to hear it. But of course he hasn't. His patrons are very keen to abolish the scheme so that they can get their hands on more of the peasants land.

Well, I am glad, you are bringing up the fact, that poor farmers were forced to sell their lands. What you forgot to mention is, what caused it...

Some years back, Thaksin made it possible for poor farmers to borrow money, for the first time, against their land and they would not have to pay any payments or interest, for about three years. Then in three years time, both payments and interest came due at once. It was one of the biggest land grabbing scams, Thaksin and his cronies ever came up with. Poor people lost their land, because they were robbed, by the false promises of the Thaskin government and then, they felt, it was their fault, because they screwed up. What happens, when you offer to loan money to poor, little educated, rural farmers, at no interest and payments for three years? He knew exactly what would happen. Thaksin is a shameless crook.

I take good ol' Nationalism over corrupt, so-called democracy anytime. Thailand for Thai People!

This micro-credit money borrowing scheme was designed by and advised by Muhammad Yunus to Thailand. This was the very same system he used in Bangladesh for over 30 years and advised to great effect to nations like Brazil and India. Yunus was awarded the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to bring people out of poverty. So - what you suggest as land grabbing scams, the world thinks of as a Nobel deed. Well, - dispute that if you can. Thaksin's loan programs are identical to Yunus's micro-credit programs by the letter. After all, he was invited to design it in Thailand.

Edited by jamesalias
  • Like 1

He won. So go suck it up.

won what?

government still there

Shinawatras still there

Dems will lose again for 9th time running

I'm not a fan of either side, but it does seem obvious that the democrats/yellowshirts caused all this strife, only to lose another election. What is the point?

I smell lese majeste charges coming soon. This is going too far in terms of disrespect.

Suthep has just sailed into dangerous waters by calling for the Royal Thai Police to be dissolved. This will not end well for him. He's showing his true goals and colors now and they are not yellow.

So you think they serve the Kings goals and ideals ?

You're a twisted soul ain't ya?

I think nobody expects that the democrats will join the election (why would they? They will almost certainly loose)

They will boycott the elections and will hope that this way total chaos, starting around February will put them back in power.

Edited by kriswillems

What do you think red supporters? Has Yingluck's government deliberate loss of more than 10 billion US dollars on rice scheme been justified? Bear in mind, they wasted 10 billion USD, not baht, just to stay popular in rural Thailand. How can anyone justifie that? It endangers the whole country's financial stability and the system.

An absolute idiot could run the country that way and win the election. Who is going to make up for more than 10 billion USD lost? By the way, rumour has it that there are 200 billion baht unaccounted for.

The rice scheme was designed to help poor farmers who were being forced to sell their land to the rich and become tenants because they couldn't afford to keep going. The ruling elite rubbed their hands in glee as they bought up even more ethnic Thai owned land. I'm not saying the scheme is not corrupt. I'm not saying it is the most efficient way of taking money from the rich to give to the poor. I'm not saying that some of those administering the scheme don't have their fingers in the till. but it is a scheme. and no government has ever come up with a way to help the rural poor before. If Suthep has a better scheme to help the poor I'd love to hear it. But of course he hasn't. His patrons are very keen to abolish the scheme so that they can get their hands on more of the peasants land.

Sorry but I honestly disagree. Rice pledging has been a bad idea from the beginning. You only start rice pledging in Isaan if you have more then 10 tons (10000kg). If you havebelow 10000kg you get paid on the spot at least in Udon and Sakon Nakhon.

My parents had around 9 tons of rice. I am used to Brasmati from India or Pakistan so I nromally don't eat that rice from Isaan.

4.5 tons they sold to some kind of farang with Thai wife that buy from the farmers in Phang Khon. As my dad is not stupid he mixed the bad rice (not cut yet) with the good rice (Combined becomes low grade) but the family have a big house and don't check small farmers that sells their 25kg bags for 400 Baht (uncut) each. My dad actually had the first 14 bags lined up for them to check so they only checked two bags of good quality.

So my father sold 20 bags because the rice machine broke down at night and a lot of the rice was mixed with a lot of rubbish from green plants as the machine broke down. The top of it was when my little dog a Shizou was starting to piss on the rice when drying it and then came the chicken that eat the bugs but at the same time shitting on the rice. (I told my wife in a funny way thanks god I don't eat Isaan rice but she joked and said they might do the same)

My FIL said no big deal we sell it to the farang with his new warehouse that must have invested at least 8 million Baht. Of course he came with my Isuzu MU7 and the farang owner wanted to actually meet me but I told him, this year I am a bit busy but when you next year back from Europe lets meet IF YOU ARE STILL AROUND WITH YOUR HONEY.

25 bags of low grade rice is 10,000 Baht for Isaan rice with piss from my little dog and some shit from around 3 dozen chicken that was sold to some farang that want to cash is on the Thai Rice pledging scam, I can only thing about Calabrao "Made in Thailand'.

The rice pledging scam is good for the Chinese Rice Mills that are owned by the Bangkok elite but doesn't really benefit the farmers of Isaan.

Isaan farmers do not sell their rice to some kind of promises that they will get paid some time by BAAC (Agricultural Bank of Thailand). They will just sell it in 9t x 2 transports to get cash for their 18t.

BTW: The guys that lost their land has more to do with taking some loans from some loan-sharks or gambled it away.

Smart farmer keep their land and never sell it and I have seen many many farmers where the land has been stayed in the family for generations.

BTW My FIL does rent out some of his land to a cousin that is poor and he takes 40% of the harvest but we actually help him.

Edited by MobileContent
  • Like 1

Putting the cleaners through the police force is a damn good idea. So is putting a stop to nepotism.

Tolerating corruption on the other hand - or worse, apologising for it - is just plain stupid.

• Like 1

Putting the cleaners through the police force is a dam_n good idea. So is putting a stop to nepotism.

Tolerating corruption on the other hand - or worse, apologising for it - is just plain stupid.

I don't tolerate corruption (what surprise: corruption is on both sides!).

And I would love this country freed from nepotism and police force reformed.

But not in the way Suthep is doing. That's dam_n dangerous and totally unconstitutional, he has no voice for appoint or recruit anyone.

And I would like to remember him, Royal Thai Police.

Oh well, he is showing himself, the far he goes, the worse will get for him...

won what?

government still there

Shinawatras still there

I'm not a fan of either side, but it does seem obvious that the democrats/yellowshirts caused all this strife, only to lose another election. What is the point?

that's my take too but Thais are famous for the 'I'll take 10 baht today and not worry about the 100 tomorrow' Dems have lost 9 in a row and can't see that changing even with Dear Leader proposing a 'people's council' (made up of whom?) madness!

Now we can see the move from the opposition. He is now revealing the true plan behind everything he sell to the people. If what he is doing now is to go against the police department than this is bad news to him and the people of Thailand. By doing this he have go against the law of the country. You all forgotten something, there is still a higher power then the government. Your King still have the right and the army is still under your king command.

For me is simple, the opposition wants power then just give it to them. See if he is able to do what he promise to the people regarding on the "People Council" and what do he mean by giving back the power to the people? and what he will do on corruption and dictatorship.

If he really able to setup a people council, let see how clean from corruption this council will be. There will be a disadvantage in all this, if the International community cannot accept this type of government then Thailand will be a waste land with very bad economy crisis.

Personally, I think that anyone involved with protests and government overthrow should be banned from politics for at least 10 years if not forever.

I think that the only way this country will ever have a true democracy is when both parties find a common ground and those that don't like what the other party does wait and change the government through elections and not courts or protests.

Makes my whole family cry everytime either side has a fit

Common ground, probity and fairness in politics are not elements of the Thai psyche.

Thais are rather simplistic in their thought processes because they are intellectually lazy. Check out the list of Nobel Prize recipients in any discipline who are Thai. Or enumerate the names or Thai inventors and their contributions to the humankind. Can we compare the mental realm of the Thai people and the people of Nazi Germany?

Remember that Hitler was elected to office in Germany by the most educated and cultured country in Europe and perhaps (arguably) the world using ad hoc slogans of the time. He knew how to manipulate the emotions and then the minds of the people.

If one controls the language (the principle behind Political Correctness) one will control thought. Language is a graphic or verbal representation of thought. Make people repeat and repeat the same slogan and people will be driven to think in a specific way and consequently, act likewise.

It does not matter that Suthep or anybody else seizes power. Thais welcome autocratic governance because they feel comfortable being under the authority of a power greater than they are. Such is the power of an amulet, a military coup 'etat or mob rule,

Sounds a bit racist

Personally, I think that anyone involved with protests and government overthrow should be banned from politics for at least 10 years if not forever.

I think that the only way this country will ever have a true democracy is when both parties find a common ground and those that don't like what the other party does wait and change the government through elections and not courts or protests.

Common ground, probity and fairness in politics are not elements of the Thai psyche.

Thais are rather simplistic in their thought processes because they are intellectually lazy. Check out the list of Nobel Prize recipients in any discipline who are Thai. Or enumerate the names or Thai inventors and their contributions to the humankind. Can we compare the mental realm of the Thai people and the people of Nazi Germany?

Remember that Hitler was elected to office in Germany by the most educated and cultured country in Europe and perhaps (arguably) the world using ad hoc slogans of the time. He knew how to manipulate the emotions and then the minds of the people.

If one controls the language (the principle behind Political Correctness) one will control thought. Language is a graphic or verbal representation of thought. Make people repeat and repeat the same slogan and people will be driven to think in a specific way and consequently, act likewise.

It does not matter that Suthep or anybody else seizes power. Thais welcome autocratic governance because they feel comfortable being under the authority of a power greater than they are. Such is the power of an amulet, a military coup 'etat or mob rule,

Sounds a bit racist

It sounds a bit accurate to me.

• Like 1

won what?

government still there

Shinawatras still there

that's my take too but Thais are famous for the 'I'll take 10 baht today and not worry about the 100 tomorrow' Dems have lost 9 in a row and can't see that changing even with Dear Leader proposing a 'people's council' (made up of whom?) madness!

You are right, until now he still do not have a solution to stop everything in his flavor due to what he sell to the people is too much. So what he can do now is to delay the time to find the best way to get the power back to him. So let see what he wants to resolve next?

Now we can see the move from the opposition. He is now revealing the true plan behind everything he sell to the people. If what he is doing now is to go against the police department than this is bad news to him and the people of Thailand. By doing this he have go against the law of the country. You all forgotten something, there is still a higher power then the government. Your King still have the right and the army is still under your king command.

For me is simple, the opposition wants power then just give it to them. See if he is able to do what he promise to the people regarding on the "People Council" and what do he mean by giving back the power to the people? and what he will do on corruption and dictatorship.

If he really able to setup a people council, let see how clean from corruption this council will be. There will be a disadvantage in all this, if the International community cannot accept this type of government then Thailand will be a waste land with very bad economy crisis.

The police isn't called "Royal" Thai Police for nothing. By dissolving the Royal Thai Police, he's putting the final nails in his coffin. I wouldn't be surprised if this was over faster than anyone expects.

I think should start ban the red leaders mp first.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app