webfact

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"I have retreated so much that I don't know how to retreat any further."

I believe I can be of assistance with that.

1. Don't take the position of caretaker PM.
  2. Declare now that you (or Yaowapa) won't accept the position of PM if PT wins in February
  3. Have your brother state unequivocally that he will not return to Thailand unless it is fulfill his prison sentence

She only retreated because she had been attaking in between shopping spree's when she should have been running the government.

Be that as it may be.

I would have to disagree with you on point mumber 3. It sounds really good but we all know the man has no honor and will not tell the truth unless it puts money in his pocket.

Jip99, on 10 Dec 2013 - 15:52, said:

Do you ever ask yourself the question........WHY ?sjaak327, on 10 Dec 2013 - 15:36, said:

The reference is to what percentage (of voters not population) actually VOTED for PTP .. not how many parties (which were not PTP and were not representing Yingluck) PTP later brought into their coalition thru horse trading ministerial and other lucrative positions.

It is funny that people even try to make the argument, PT received 48% of party list votes and 44% of constituenty votes, far far more than the democrats and any other party.

Two ways in which the gap between PTP and the Democrats can be overhauled:-

1. Genuinely, 100% NO vote buying and

2. IQ testing for all voters. Those scoring less than 50 are disqualified.

I am not saying that democracy should be dependent on intelligence but having a vote must surely carry a degree of responsibility.

I agree that Thailand needs to bring the education standards up. but I do have a hard time with saying they should meet a certain IQ level. Some of the dumbest people I have ever met hold collage degrees from recegnized colllages in the States.

Because a person does not have a high IQ does not mean he/she is lacking in commoon sense.

I am sick of the pro-TS here keep only pointing at Suthep. What if today the person is not Suthep who want to overthrow the TS regime? What if he is only a Thai common citizen? What have you got to say?? After questions about the corruptions, problems and responsibilties,trying to above the law. Doesn't YL as the elected PM has any role to play?? SHe need not give any answer??? Dodging here and there. She HERSELF should have feel bloody shamed and volunteer to quit her PM position.

Some people may say whoever in-charge ,corruption is still around.

No change, means thing is done. Forever in TS regime, corrupted, citizens having hard life.

Try to change, may have chances to have a new corrupted free nation. It is very hard but slowly start better than no start.

I personally believe after this time protest, Suthep himself will aware that power is still belong to the Thai people and they will unite and come out together to kick your ass out if you are doing harm to their country and their beloved Supreme leader (i do not mean Suthep). Suthep is not a dumbass either. He will not want to become same like TS, hated by so many own Thai fellow people. After this Suthep will take the corruption seriously (I personally believe). You may call me naive.

NO change, everything same same

Try change, may have something no same.

Why not give a change?

Cheers~

You obviously care a lot about Thailand, but what Suthep and the Democrats have to do is make their case to the electorate through the parliamentary system. They have to make the case why people should vote them into power. Instead we see Suthep acting against the constitution, we see him demanding that civil servants come and pledge allegiance to him. We read that he will put his own security force into villages. He makes demands of who can and who cannot remain in the country, He is setting himself up as de facto leader of the country and attempting to abolish democracy. These are serious actions. The parallels between what is happening in Thailand with 1930's Germany is frighteningly similar. He is whipping up popular support under the disguise of patriotism. He is leading Thailand down a very dangerous road.

Spot on! I also find it interesting that suthep said he did not want foreign UN election observers to oversee the thai elections, kind of makes you wonder which party is comitting the voter faud herewhistling.gif Given that he had his mob beat up foreign journalists that were trying to report on his mobs activities durung the recent riots, kind of gives one a glimpse into this fascists mindrolleyes.gif Suthep has no respect for the Thai constituion or the Thai monarchy, he is a texbook meglomaniacal fascistthumbsup.gif

I used to have a girlfriend who (like Yings) would resort to tears when she couldn't get her way or would lose an argument .... and if that didn't work she would start wearing revealing clothes .... hmmmmm .... food for thought smile.png

Hahahahahaha now that does sound like a good strategy. As Yingluck is much more attractive than those who want to replace her, there is no doubt in my mind she should run for re-election and stay as long as possible. Forget about politics and enjoy the viewing.

Hahahahaha no vote if your IQ is under 50!!?? LOLbiggrin.png

Yes having a vote does carry a degree of responsibility and clearly IQs in the UK are also commonly below 50 or we wouldn't have had Prime Ministers like Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair and David Cameron.biggrin.png

I sense a re-run of 2006 coming up. The Democrats might decide to save their money and opt out of the next election completely, arguing that they don't want to waste their time as the Parliamentary opposition throwing papers and chairs around, if there has been no reform of the constitution to enforce much better governance. That would cause problems in constituencies where only one candidate is fielded and can't poll 20% of the votes and Parliament, when it can eventually convene will look like a one party sate, even to Jonathan Head. The Decomocrats would then have nothing to do but lead protests. There was Constitutional Court ruling in 2006 that parties don't have a legal obligation to field any candiadates, after the Thaksin party tried to get them dissolved for that. PT will have to pay the red shirt followers to show up at the polling booths even without opposition and stand a good chance of getting caught and dissolved. No risk to the Democrats, if the don't bother to contest the elections.

You are assuming that if the Democrats were to run the PTP would still have the power to do what they want in the government with out having to make deals with other parties.

I do not believe that to be what would happen. It is my belief that the PTP will return to the PM office but as a minority government there by having to listen to the opposition.

If the democrats do not run we will be in worse condition than we were when they had seats in the house even though they were pretty well styfiled.

To see a real change in Thailand the Democrats must field the best list of quality candidates they can and the Yellow Shirts must vote.

• Like 1

Hahahahaha no vote if your IQ is under 50!!?? LOLbiggrin.png

Yes having a vote does carry a degree of responsibility and clearly IQs in the UK are also commonly below 50 or we wouldn't have had Prime Ministers like Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair and David Cameron.biggrin.png

This is intentional sarchasm, yes?

Hahahahaha no vote if your IQ is under 50!!?? LOLPosted Image

Yes having a vote does carry a degree of responsibility and clearly IQs in the UK are also commonly below 50 or we wouldn't have had Prime Ministers like Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair and David Cameron.Posted Image

This is intentional sarchasm, yes?

Makes a change from Obama

What ever you think about her politics, one thing should be clear: Ms. Yingluck IS the democratically elected PM of Thailand. Whether she, her brother, her party bought the votes does not matter in first place. if the VOTERS can be bought, it is a voters problem. If the VOTERS accept that the government rips them off, it is the VOTERS problem.

And it is the problem of the opposition parties when they can not reach out to the voters and make it clear to them that they have a better choice. Hard work is what the opposition should invest in order to inform the voters about their ideas and make sure that voters understand that they would be better off with voting for them.

That is democracy. Each democratic country has the government it deserves.

A "peoples council" as Mr. Suthep seeks to form is not what democracy is about. A "peoples council" is just another form of dictatorship by people who think that they know better than the majority about what is best for a country. The best example of such "peoples council" can be found in the communist countries of the world.

What you completely missed in your incomplete spiel on democracy is democracy once elected also involves complying to the laws, court rulings and constitution. That is democracy, not the partial incomplete and convenient Thaksin version that his puppet mouth piece is parroting to the world, and what a lot of posters from what I am assuming being from mature western democracies are choosing to ignore in support of this lawless Pheau Thai governance version of democracy. The Shinawatra clan have abused that major component of democracy not only in this term but since the "madam wants to borrow our names" court case in 2001. And accordingly the people via peaceful protest are using their democratic right to remove Pheau Thai's undemocratic governance.

About the only part of your post I agree with is I also do not agree with Suthep's "people's council".

I would prefer to see the upcoming election contested from all parties on a platform of reform of Thailand's constitution for the benefit of Thailand and the people via referendum and with that reform strategy group to include all stakeholders including the Army, Courts and Police. Until that occurs it is just going to be more of the repeat stupidity and world wide joke that is Thai politics.

• Like 1

Man there are some tossers on this site, She has made a pretty good job of running the country which is bloody hard with all the different factions, the other lot are hell bent on destroying the economy the way they are going

Your dead right there mate.

Who writes this crap for AFP - Amsterdam, one of his ghost writers or the ice cream gang ?

This lot are worse than the BBC who rely on dick head.

Thaksin's enduring popularity - puke! Thaksin champion of the working class - puke!

110k my arse! My missus reckons between 250-500k and her videos show masses of people.

Oh well! if your missus says so, it must be right - Puke!

I really seem to be missing something here. I agree with most of the criticism aimed at YL, but Suttep and Abhisit were just as bad.

Go to Abhisit's wiki page and you will read that Thailand was declared 'not free' during AV reign as PM due to so much censorship, he gave his father a high end job and had countless cases of corruption against him. It's the same with Suttep, so I don't get why YL is so hated on here, she and her brother are just the same as opposition.

Also with people so adamant that Thaksin should go to prison. Nobody with money and power goes to prison in Thailand, so why is TS different?

There are always some irregularities, Kung A-Kung S and the rest BUT don't compare --You don't see why the P.M. is so hated, FAMILY RELATED-sorry you cannot see wood for trees.

Abuse of power as the P.M.is different from other hi so crimes. I guess you think that Khun Thaksin should go free, just because others escape sentences ???

Oh fine for democracy.

Talking of censorship--Thaksin GAGGED the media. YOU FORGET-when it suits. sorry your weighing scales need adjusting, call the trading standards for that.

I've been posting on a few of these threads asking questions and every time I get a reply it is surly with personal assumptions being made. I've even been told to have an adulterous affair with the ex-PM!!

Why can't many of the anti-YL answer is a polite way and debate???

Anti democrats have no use for debate.

I am sick of the pro-TS here keep only pointing at Suthep. What if today the person is not Suthep who want to overthrow the TS regime? What if he is only a Thai common citizen? What have you got to say?? After questions about the corruptions, problems and responsibilties,trying to above the law.  Doesn't YL as the elected PM has any role to play?? SHe need not give any answer??? Dodging here and there. She HERSELF should have feel bloody shamed and volunteer to quit her PM position. 

No change, means thing is done. Forever in TS regime, corrupted, citizens having hard life.

Try to change, may have chances to have a new corrupted free nation. It is very hard but slowly start better than no start.

I personally believe after this time protest, Suthep himself will aware that power is still belong to the Thai people and they will unite and come out together to kick your ass out if you are doing harm to their country and their beloved Supreme leader (i do not mean Suthep). Suthep is not a dumbass either. He will not want to become same like TS, hated by so many own Thai fellow people. After this Suthep  will take the corruption seriously (I personally believe). You may call me naive.

Why not give a change?

Cheers~

You obviously care a lot about Thailand, but what  Suthep and the Democrats have to do is make their case to the electorate through the parliamentary system. They have to make the case why people should vote them into power. Instead we see Suthep acting against the constitution, we see him demanding that civil servants come and pledge allegiance to him. We read that he will put his own security force into villages. He makes demands of who can and who cannot remain in the country, He is setting himself up as de facto leader of the country and attempting to abolish democracy. These are serious actions. The parallels between what is happening in Thailand with 1930's Germany is frighteningly similar. He is whipping up popular support under the disguise of patriotism. He is leading Thailand down a very dangerous road. 

Spot on!  I also find it interesting that suthep said he did not want foreign UN election observers to oversee the thai elections, kind of makes you wonder which party is comitting the voter faud herePosted Image  Given that he had his mob beat up foreign journalists that were trying to report on his mobs activities durung the recent riots, kind of gives one a glimpse into this fascists mindPosted Image  Suthep has no respect for the Thai constituion or the Thai monarchy, he is a texbook meglomaniacal fascistPosted Image

It's amazing how people twist facts to push their BS.

Was Suthep even there when one of the other protest leaders pointed Nick out and said he should be evicted?

Had there been any rioting at that stage?

Sent from my phone ...

Have the democrats and their allies ever stopped for a moment to think how all the effort and money spent on rallies and civil disruption might be better invested in coming up with a new offer to present to the Thai people? Clearly, despite corruption in this and previous governments the Thai voting public still refuse to vote in a democrat supported government. Perhaps it's time for the democrats to take a long, hard look at their own platform so they might understand what it is that prevents them gaining power via elections. Just because someone thinks they know what is best for everyone else doesn't mean everyone else is going to see it that way.

That's a bit daft.

The Dems are never voted in because all the vote buying is going on in the north. Where nothing ever changes and the voters are still as poor as church mice.

All past election results are void once the new system of elections comes into force with hefty jail sentences for vote buying and dissolutions.

This is Thailand moving forward, and is why Thaksin and the PTP are straining to stop it.

Has any Thai government in recent history sincerely put the well being of Thai citizens first and foremost? What are the DUTIES of a genuine democratic government? There are – I presume - many reasons for total disenchantment with any if not all politicians.

In Isaan it seems the poor people are overjoyed if/when any attempt is made to assist them raise their living standards. However there seems to be many who appear not very interested in working or improving their education etc. I’d guess the rate of taxation paid from Isaan residents pales by comparison to those individuals in BKK and other thriving cities. In Isaan most people work for cash/property taxes are practically nonexistent and little is done to bring things like trash pickup/security/street lighting on highways etc. Hell the police are an utter joke and should not be permitted to include “Royal” in their job titles. Fear of retribution also exists in Isaan where “non reds” dare not discuss their feelings and disappointment in The Red Shirt mafia. Yes they take money for their vote. If they do not they will be singled out and “the village chief” reports to BKK and have long memories. Democracy???? Not what I grew up with. Something is needed drastically if Thailand is ever going to prosper fully. Where can RULE OF LAW start? Where?

How would Thailand be if all the revenue not be stolen by those who are thought to be working for The People?

• Like 1

This will go down in the history books as one of the greatest ever PR disasters. Makes Ratner's little gaffe look insignificant.

She really needs to have it drilled into her head that seconds after faking tears, she should not allow herself to be distracted by a mirror or whatever it was she saw that made her giggle like a schoolgirl. How insincere and insulting.

Not long to go now, may the good force prevail. Batallamos hasta la victoria, siempre

Strange Yingluck is being condemned...when the real perpetrators are suthep and the democrats...have you not read what suthep and his mob demand...

Indeed. Any idea how Yingluck's family incl. 10 year old son have been threatened (to death). She is a human and humans can show emotion. She well deserves to show emotion after the VERY wise decision not to seek violent action against her own citizens. Abhisit found it necessary to start using his 'rubber' bullets.......

She is always called puppet of Thaksin on this post........any idea how much puppet factor involved for Abhisit towards General Prem?? In politics always puppets; examples enough.......Medvedev - Putin, Blair - Bush, Sein - Burmese Junta...... It does not mean she didn't do her job well. Thailand is not doing bad at all under her 'regime'. Sure Suthep will focus again on this pathetic issue with the (border)temple to distract attention from National Politics. So soldiers, be prepared to sacrifice again. Democrats, if it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious. Jealous pricks.

Strange Yingluck is being condemned...when the real perpetrators are suthep and the democrats...have you not read what suthep and his mob demand...

Indeed. Any idea how Yingluck's family incl. 10 year old son have been threatened (to death). She is a human and humans can show emotion. She well deserves to show emotion after the VERY wise decision not to seek violent action against her own citizens. Abhisit found it necessary to start using his 'rubber' bullets.......

She is always called puppet of Thaksin on this post........any idea how much puppet factor involved for Abhisit towards General Prem?? In politics always puppets; examples enough.......Medvedev - Putin, Blair - Bush, Sein - Burmese Junta...... It does not mean she didn't do her job well. Thailand is not doing bad at all under her 'regime'. Sure Suthep will focus again on this pathetic issue with the (border)temple to distract attention from National Politics. So soldiers, be prepared to sacrifice again. Democrats, if it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious. Jealous pricks.

When was Yingluck's son "threatened (to death)"?

• Like 2

Why should she NOT seek re-election?

She's incompetent to begin with...

If the Thai people agree she's incompetent then they won't vote for her. That's democracy my friend!

Not so! If she offers enough electoral bribes, the venal idiots well aware she is incompetent may still vote for her. one of the requirements of a real democracy is an educated and informed populace. That is sadly lacking here, and the party that has been in power for so many years has done SFA to change that situation; and why should they, it suits them.

What will have this time? A ton of rotten rice for every PTP voter, double the minimum wage and watch inflation spiral, rice subsidies at B30,000/ton, more tablets?

And of course it is only the PTP who buy votes..??

Wake up!

My word there are some vicious commentators again today.

I really hope that they are all Thai Citizens.

If these remarks about Thailand's Prime Minister are from foreign nationals they should consider going home.

My word there are some vicious commentators again today.

I really hope that they are all Thai Citizens.

If these remarks about Thailand's Prime Minister are from foreign nationals they should consider going home.

You mean "home"...where every Thai- national could basically say anything they want, about any of "my" politicians ?!

• Like 1

I am sick of the pro-TS here keep only pointing at Suthep. What if today the person is not Suthep who want to overthrow the TS regime? What if he is only a Thai common citizen? What have you got to say?? After questions about the corruptions, problems and responsibilties,trying to above the law. Doesn't YL as the elected PM has any role to play?? SHe need not give any answer??? Dodging here and there. She HERSELF should have feel bloody shamed and volunteer to quit her PM position.

I personally believe after this time protest, Suthep himself will aware that power is still belong to the Thai people and they will unite and come out together to kick your ass out if you are doing harm to their country and their beloved Supreme leader (i do not mean Suthep). Suthep is not a dumbass either. He will not want to become same like TS, hated by so many own Thai fellow people. After this Suthep will take the corruption seriously (I personally believe). You may call me naive.

Why not give a change?

Cheers~

You obviously care a lot about Thailand, but what Suthep and the Democrats have to do is make their case to the electorate through the parliamentary system. They have to make the case why people should vote them into power. Instead we see Suthep acting against the constitution, we see him demanding that civil servants come and pledge allegiance to him. We read that he will put his own security force into villages. He makes demands of who can and who cannot remain in the country, He is setting himself up as de facto leader of the country and attempting to abolish democracy. These are serious actions. The parallels between what is happening in Thailand with 1930's Germany is frighteningly similar. He is whipping up popular support under the disguise of patriotism. He is leading Thailand down a very dangerous road.

Spot on! I also find it interesting that suthep said he did not want foreign UN election observers to oversee the thai elections, kind of makes you wonder which party is comitting the voter faud here whistling.gif Given that he had his mob beat up foreign journalists that were trying to report on his mobs activities durung the recent riots, kind of gives one a glimpse into this fascists mindrolleyes.gif Suthep has no respect for the Thai constituion or the Thai monarchy, he is a texbook meglomaniacal fascistthumbsup.gif

Was Suthep even there when one of the other protest leaders pointed Nick out and said he should be evicted?

Sent from my phone ...

you are clutching at straws now in your defence of Suthep.

Spot on! I also find it interesting that suthep said he did not want foreign UN election observers to oversee the thai elections, kind of makes you wonder which party is comitting the voter faud here whistling.gif Given that he had his mob beat up foreign journalists that were trying to report on his mobs activities durung the recent riots, kind of gives one a glimpse into this fascists mindrolleyes.gif Suthep has no respect for the Thai constituion or the Thai monarchy, he is a texbook meglomaniacal fascistthumbsup.gif

Sent from my phone ...

you are clutching at straws now in your defence of Suthep.

Clutching at straws?

Did Suthep have "his mob beat up a foreign journalist"? NO.

Was Nick Nostitz reporting on any riots? NO.

There is so much crap out there about Suthep. Why do you need to make sh!t up?