Permanent Residence And Work Permit

I've seen a few comments about it being easier to get a work permit as a permanent resident. Anyone know anything specific? For example, does the 2m baht registered capital rule still stand? Is there still a minimum salary? Is it easier to get a permit for certain job titles?

I've seen a few comments about it being easier to get a work permit as a permanent resident. Anyone know anything specific? For example, does the 2m baht registered capital rule still stand? Is there still a minimum salary? Is it easier to get a permit for certain job titles?

I believe that the 2m baht registered capital is reduced to 1m baht minimum.

Don't know whether the minimum salary requirement is relaxed.

PR does not open up the positions in the closed professions or trades which are reserved for Thai nationals.

I am buying a small guest house in thailand. I am paying 1m baht for it and the existing 2m baht company is included in the sale. The deal is that the 48% farang shareholder is transferring his shares to me and the thai shareholders have already waived their rights in the company. I am also keeping the existing thai employees on. Does anybody know if this would allow me to get a Thai work permit without needing to pay the extra 1m baht? The process would involve me arriving in Thailand on a normal tourist visa, possibly with a 30 day extension, Paying the 1m baht to the farang owner for the business, going to the solicitor to transfer the directors' shares from the current farang owner to myself, then flying to Malaysia for a couple of days to apply for the non immigrant B visa and work permit. Please can someone confirm if this is possible even though I am only paying 1m baht for a 2m baht company?

Thanks in advance