Chalerm threatens to stage protest in front of Bangkok Metro Police Bureau

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit turned himself in today to the courts and got bail.

As Suthep told the criminal court I am busy with other things, I think 2 days should be maximum to get Kamnan Suthep arrested, send him to jail without bail and then give him the same treatment as Kamnan Poh bt a hospital for Suthep wouldn't be the right place and a mental hospital is more appropriate.

This guy has been hungry for power from the day he became the main financier of the Democrat Party.

Now is a good time to get him for once and for all out of the Democrat Party.

Only then has the Democrat Party a chance to get out stronger of all this misfortune they created in the past 4 weeks.

In regards of Abhisit. Sorry Khun Abhisit you are just the wrong guy to lead the Democrat Party. Let Khun Chuan Lekpai come back again with Khun Korn, Surin and Supachai. It was this time that won a general election in the past and even Isaan voters had trust in to vote in into leading Thailand.

Politicians are pretty much the same the world over, it is just some are better at covering up their dirty deeds than others.

Chalerm has a valid point. Do you really think Suthep would still be free man in the United States or United Kingdom? Extremely unlikely. The man is dangerous megalomaniac and needs to be taken off the street as soon as possible.

you got the wrong "megalomaniac "mr yim.He wants a cleansing of the political structure,.you too blind to see..and anyone who leads 100,s of thousands on the streets would be a free man in Uk or USA. , See your megalomaniac in dubai, singapore or a state in the balkans.AA

A cleansing of the political structure which the opposition parties (who consistently lose elections, because the majority of the public do not like them) do not like. Right? So once he has "cleansed" it, he (Mr Suthep) calls an election. Really? Mr Suthep is a megalomaniac who believes he can impose his will on the majority of people of Thailand. Calling on his supporters to harm the Shinawatra family is, as was said on television last night, taking the protest a step too far and one which is unacceptable to any good, honest Thai. Infact the English speaking political commentator called it an act of terrorisism. Can you imagine the leader of a political demonstration, calling for the ousting of a government in the United States or United Kingdom, giving a dead line for the ELECTED leader to resign and when that dead line passes, threatens the family of the leader with harm and still being a free man? This is the man who will select the council to govern Thailand.

If, and I think it is a very big "if" Mr Suthep succeeds, then the inevitable consequence will be Red Shirt demonstrations in Bangkok, which are likely to make the current demonstrations look like a tea party. I wonder then, whether the appointed council will show the same restraint when dealing with the demonstrators making demands for their removal.

Yingluck Government was far from perfect but at least it was democratically elected.

Suthep is a 'mini-lomaniac' compared to Thaksin. You obviously don't understand what Suthep is trying to do & you even have to make up 'facts' about Suthep threatening harm to the Shins. He wants then out of power - that's all & an interim council to sort out the corruption and vote buying that makes a farce of democracy here.

There have been demonstrations in the UK over Iraq & austerity, calling for the government to resign - demonstrations are not non-democratic. You seem to think like many whose shallow thinking opines that vote buying can be ignored and the result means that the winner can do what they like. Puerile.

I am not making anything up. I listened to the comments, in English of a political commentator on Thai television last night and it was exactly as I stated. Unless of course the commentator, who up until last night had been extremely complimentary and supportive of the demonstrations, was making up the story, but I think that is unlikely.

You cannot liken the demonstrations in the UK against the war in Iraq and austerity, to the ones taking place in Thailand. The objective of this demonstration is to remove a democratically elected government with an unelected council appointed by an opposition activist. For some reason the Democratic voters think they are intellectually superior to the PTP voters and that only their vote should count. It seems arrogance and ignorance shows no bounds in Thailand.

Seems to be the only way to get anything done. Protest and march get the democratically elected Government to resign.

Threaten to protest if there is another election as you want a not elected council the you will provide a list for.

Don't worry you can trust me to do the right thing, just look at my track record. Great isn't it. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Seems to be the only way to get anything done. Protest and march get the democratically elected Government to resign.

Threaten to protest if there is another election as you want a not elected council the you will provide a list for.

Don't worry you can trust me to do the right thing, just look at my track record. Great isn't it. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just been reading Sutheps profile on Wikipedia, something I suggest everyone does. It will be interesting to see how many posters still think he is fit to select the council.

Just been reading Sutheps profile on Wikipedia, something I suggest everyone does. It will be interesting to see how many posters still think he is fit to select the council.

as a poster succinctly put it" purile" MrYim

Well Mr Yim just for you I went and read it again just in case I had forgotten anything really incriminating, so lets look at some quotes :

As part of the Sor Por Kor 4-01 (สปก.4-01) land reform scheme, Suthep gave title deeds to 592 plots of land in Khao Sam Liam, Kamala and Nakkerd hills of Phuket province to 489 farmers. It was later found that members of 11 wealthy families in Phuket were among the recipients

Isnt that disgusting out of 489 farmers who received title to land they had occupied for ages 11 were members of wealthy families.

However it should be noted that the members of 11 wealthy families had also occupied the land for ages.

Land reform, right ?

Giving title to farmers who have occupied land for generations particularly in the north and northeast has been talked about for yonks but PT are not interested.

Suthep has actually done something about it.

In 2009, Suthep was accused of violating the Constitution of Thailand by holding equity in a media firm that had received concessions from the government. Under the 1997 Constitution of Thailand, which Suthep had supported, Members of Parliament are banned from holding stakes in companies which have received government concessions. In July 2009, the Election Commission announced that it would seek a ruling by the Constitutional Court to disqualify Suthep.

Suthep held a press conference a day later, announcing his decision to resign from Parliament. Suthep's resignation as an MP did not affect his status as a Deputy Prime Minister and as a Cabinet member. If his case had been submitted to the Constitution Court, he would have been suspended from duty as Deputy Prime Minister. He insisted his resignation was not a proof that he had done anything wrong but that he was worried about status as Deputy Prime Minister.[5]

So nothing was ever proved and no convictions were ever entered.

And he did the honorable thing by resigning.

In the general election on 3 July 2011, the Democrats were defeated, receiving 34% of the votes in contrast to the Pheu Thai Party's 47%. In response, Suthep immediately stepped down as the party's secretary-general. When the government of Pheu Thai Party-leader Yingluck Shinawatra took office on 9 August 2011, his term as deputy prime minister ended.

In other words he once again did the honorable thing by resigning and thereby accepting blame for the parties loss.

Now he has resigned again to fight for what he believes in.

What a terrible man, little wonder the reds say he is as bad if not worse than Thaksin, not.

• Like 1

I've put aside a nice bottle of wine for the beheading. I don't usually go in for this kind of thing, but in this case i'm all for it.

Mrs Toad, already has a bottle of champagne in the cooler waiting for his beheading. I suspect though, the cock won't go through with it.

What about arresting Thaksin....coffee1.gif

There is an international warrant for Thaksin,but most western countries ignore it,I wonder why.Maybe Thaksin is bribing Cameron,Merkel and others

Is there really? Can you provide a link to the evidence supporting your statement?

Politicians are pretty much the same the world over, it is just some are better at covering up their dirty deeds than others.

Chalerm has a valid point. Do you really think Suthep would still be free man in the United States or United Kingdom? Extremely unlikely. The man is dangerous megalomaniac and needs to be taken off the street as soon as possible.

you got the wrong "megalomaniac "mr yim.He wants a cleansing of the political structure,.you too blind to see..and anyone who leads 100,s of thousands on the streets would be a free man in Uk or USA. , See your megalomaniac in dubai, singapore or a state in the balkans.AA

A cleansing of the political structure which the opposition parties (who consistently lose elections, because the majority of the public do not like them) do not like. Right? So once he has "cleansed" it, he (Mr Suthep) calls an election. Really? Mr Suthep is a megalomaniac who believes he can impose his will on the majority of people of Thailand. Calling on his supporters to harm the Shinawatra family is, as was said on television last night, taking the protest a step too far and one which is unacceptable to any good, honest Thai. Infact the English speaking political commentator called it an act of terrorisism. Can you imagine the leader of a political demonstration, calling for the ousting of a government in the United States or United Kingdom, giving a dead line for the ELECTED leader to resign and when that dead line passes, threatens the family of the leader with harm and still being a free man? This is the man who will select the council to govern Thailand.

If, and I think it is a very big "if" Mr Suthep succeeds, then the inevitable consequence will be Red Shirt demonstrations in Bangkok, which are likely to make the current demonstrations look like a tea party. I wonder then, whether the appointed council will show the same restraint when dealing with the demonstrators making demands for their removal.

Yingluck Government was far from perfect but at least it was democratically elected.

Suthep is a 'mini-lomaniac' compared to Thaksin. You obviously don't understand what Suthep is trying to do & you even have to make up 'facts' about Suthep threatening harm to the Shins. He wants then out of power - that's all & an interim council to sort out the corruption and vote buying that makes a farce of democracy here.

There have been demonstrations in the UK over Iraq & austerity, calling for the government to resign - demonstrations are not non-democratic. You seem to think like many whose shallow thinking opines that vote buying can be ignored and the result means that the winner can do what they like. Puerile.

I am not making anything up. I listened to the comments, in English of a political commentator on Thai television last night and it was exactly as I stated. Unless of course the commentator, who up until last night had been extremely complimentary and supportive of the demonstrations, was making up te story, but I think that is unlikely.

You cannot liken the demonstrations in the UK against the war in Iraq and austerity, to the ones taking place in Thailand. The objective of this demonstration is to remove a democratically elected government with an unelected council appointed by an opposition activist. For some reason the Democratic voters think they are intellectually superior to the PTP voters and that only their vote should count. It seems arrogance and ignorance shows no bounds in Thailand.

In equal measure you cannot compare this corrupt, incompetent, nepotistic govt to those in the west. They have ignored the law when it suits them, threatened legal officials who looked like they might go against their wants and self serving interpretation of the law, they have ignored democratic and parliamentary procedure and used their majority in an underhand, illegal fashion. In the west this would not happen, the law would have removed such a cabal of manipulative, lieing, corrupt and incompetent MPs long before protests, such as the ones we have seen in Bangkok recently, were needed to force them from office. Suthep is a fascist loony who has exploited the demonstrations, but the demonstrators themselves had legitimate reasons to be out protesting.

• Like 1

What about arresting Thaksin....coffee1.gif

There is an international warrant for Thaksin,but most western countries ignore it,I wonder why.Maybe Thaksin is bribing Cameron,Merkel and others

Is there really? Can you provide a link to the evidence supporting your statement?

No. No one other than those who've joined the ranks of those expats taking this silly little country seriously gives a crap.

Edited by jpeg