HOA not collecting 6-figure HOA fees

Our condo is managed by the PM company for a SET listed property developer. They are part of a group and built thousands of condos in Nonthaburi alone.

Now and then, lists of deadbeat owners are posted in the elevators. Many own top floor penthouses and what they owe is often more than 500,000 Baht.

Yet the PM company never takes anyone to court?!?

You guys buying a condo should check this out - because someone has to be paying the HOA fees. And AFAIK, the good guys pay the bad guys' share.

Chris

I think that you need too add a bit more detail to your post. Such as:-

1 Are the non paying rooms occupied -or not

2) Management structure of a condo is -the Building Manager reports to the JPM who in turn reports to the committee. The committee are responsible to the co -owners

Where is your JPM and the committee in all this .. Typically a Developer will manage a new condo for maximum. 3 years. This gives the co -owners time to organise themselves and remove the developer.. How old is your condo?

Also

With respect of court action to recover unpaid bills (assuming that all others methods have failed). The condo act has no detail on this procedure. I understand that 3 court appearances are required.It would appear that the threat of this action motivates the non -payers. I am not aware of a non payer actually been taken to court.

It would be very useful to hear from a contributor to this forum who has first hand experience of this type of court action. I suspect that it is very rare.

I think that, in relation to your problems, the threat of court action may suffice.. Must be better that a debtors list posted in elevators.

• Like 1