Nigerian drug suspect's passport contains stolen Thai visa sticker

webfact

Drug suspect's passport contains stolen visa sticker
THe Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Nigerian man has been arrested for using one of the Thai visa stickers that went missing from the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur and for narcotics possession, Tourist Police deputy commander Pol Colonel Archayon Kraithong told a press conference Thursday.

Innocent Ogogua, 39, was arrested on Wednesday night along with Thai woman Budsakorn Uttama, 37, at a hotel room in the Soi Sukhumvit 3 (Nana) area.

Police also seized five grams of the drug "ice", one gram of cocaine and some drug-taking tools, he said. The suspects' urine tests were positive for narcotics, Archayon added.

Ogogua's passport contained a Thai visa numbered A4055987, which was among the stickers that went missing from the embassy in Malaysia during January-July.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-12

What happens when someone with a stolen visa comes through immigration? Whenever I do ,the officer scans and checks info on the system. Wouldn't STOLEN flash up on the screen or is that expecting too much? Maybe they just let him in so they get get the drug connection?

• Like 1

just a blast from the past......

many years ago a Nigerian fellow got busted with drugs at the ol' Don Mueang Airport.

It happened on a Friday

The name of that unfortunate fellow was "Ono-Goodluck Friday"

no kidding....

..... and there was a master-mind behind him, Mr. Robinson Crusoe biggrin.png

Edited by Loles

What happens when someone with a stolen visa comes through immigration? Whenever I do ,the officer scans and checks info on the system. Wouldn't STOLEN flash up on the screen or is that expecting too much? Maybe they just let him in so they get get the drug connection?

I think the game is that they buy the visa in Thailand and never have to go through impolitegration.

• Like 1

just a blast from the past......

many years ago a Nigerian fellow got busted with drugs at the ol' Don Mueang Airport.

It happened on a Friday

The name of that unfortunate fellow was "Ono-Goodluck Friday"

no kidding....

..... and there was a master-mind behind him, Mr. Robinson Crusoe biggrin.png

And a Mr Suthep Thugsamob

Is it my imagination, or are there a lot of stories that have the word drug and Nigerian in the same sentence ????

I thought Nigerians were more noted for their scams, I bet not only was the visa sticker stolen but the drugs were fake...

• Like 2

Man caught with stolen visa sticker
THE NATION

30221979-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- A NIGERIAN MAN has been arrested for using one of the Thai visa stickers that went missing from the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur and for narcotics possession, Tourist Police deputy commander Pol Colonel Archayon Kraithong said yesterday.

Innocent Ogogua, 39, was arrested on Wednesday night along with Thai woman Budsakorn Uttama, 37, at a hotel room in the Soi Sukhumvit 3 (Nana) area. Police also seized five grams of the drug "ice", one gram of cocaine and some drug-taking tools, he said. The suspects' urine tests were positive for narcotics, Archayon added.

Ogogua's passport contained a Thai visa numbered A4055987, which was among the stickers that went missing from the embassy in Malaysia during January-July. Ogogua told police he got the passport from an agent in Nigeria before travelling to Thailand to set up a dried-fish export business.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-13

Well I never, a Nigerian ogogo with drugs and a dodgy visa. coffee1.gif Would never have believed it. coffee1.gif Think I had a letter from the guy about investments.............blink.png

me too.

And I will get a commission of 20% when the million dollar will be transferred to my account.

All these large numbers of visa stickers that were stolen from thsi embassy, what action did the tnai foreign ministry took against that mission at KL? And is it really hard for the royal thai police to get the ring leader/s?