Thainess

Showbags

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much non existant.

I dont wear colour co-ordinated shirts or wrist bands depending on which day of the week it is, come to think of it, I dont own or wear, yellow, pink or sky blue shirts.

I dont ride the free #60 big red bus.

I dont eat at road side noodle stalls.

I dont eat kao man gai.

I dont drink bia Chang or lao kao.

I dont wai non movable objects/statues sited at road side junctions, ever witnessed a bus as it whizzes by the statue at Bang Kapi crossroads, its like the Mexican Wave starting at the front to the bus to the back, watch the heads go down.

I dont have any sak yant.

I dont wear 3 month old manky pieces of string on my wrist.

There is no spirit house located in the garden.

There is no black baby being worshipped in the house.

Feel free to add others I may have forgotten, sorry "Thainess" aint my strong point.

But u know alot about it.

Disappointed ?

• Like 1

I dont wear colour co-ordinated shirts or wrist bands depending on which day of the week it is, come to think of it, I dont own or wear, yellow, pink or sky blue shirts.

I dont eat kao man gai.

I dont wai non movable objects/statues sited at road side junctions, ever witnessed a bus as it whizzes by the statue at Bang Kapi crossroads, its like the Mexican Wave starting at the front to the bus to the back, watch the heads go down.

Feel free to add others I may have forgotten, sorry "Thainess" aint my strong point.

lol, (Mexican wave)

but please, I am sure you are really just another "wana be Thai". How many Thai flags do you own ?

• Like 1

Is that what this thread is about "wanna be Thai's"!.....ain't gonna happen because no matter how much thai food you eat, dress like them or even read/write Thai. You as a farang will never get near being "THai"....I'd like to hear what others think "Thainess" is because its such a unique thing to Thai's that brings together there culture, education, work ethic , survival instincts, communal spirit etc That in the ten years I've been here I have barely scratch the edges of what Thainess is .....only to the point that I know it exists...Oh wellwai.gif

• Like 2

Looking for new ways to deride Thais?

So are you a hillbilly when you talk with a Toothpick in your mouth?

Are you a redneck when you chew tobacco?

Having a bad morning?

Not in the mood for some light- hearted fun?

NO...please don't answer!

• Like 1

I should hope non existent. There is nothing about Thai people that I would want to assimilate myself. Not saying I am perfect though.

Why are here???????????????

Is cheap beer your yardstick in life?

If you try real hard I bet even you can think of one attribute of Thai people that is to be admired/emulated.

I should hope non existent. There is nothing about Thai people that I would want to assimilate myself. Not saying I am perfect though.

If you try real hard I bet even you can think of one attribute of Thai people that is to be admired/emulated.

Honesty.....it is then.

• Like 2

I dont eat kao man gai.

Fair comment, why try to be Thai when you never will be, well said.

He's a sexpat. He's here for the hookers. Nothing else matters.

• Like 1

I find, with remarkable consistency, that the people who bring up the word "Thainess" are the same people who would bring up the words "Thai apologist." You know, the miserable farangs who can't cut it in Thailand so they have to cut down the Thais. OP, go back under your bridge--or rock if you prefer!

• Like 1

I find, with remarkable consistency, that the people who bring up the word "Thainess" are the same people who would bring up the words "Thai apologist." You know, the miserable farangs who can't cut it in Thailand so they have to cut down the Thais. OP, go back under your bridge--or rock if you prefer!

coffee1.gif ...Thai- apologist much, huh?!

• Like 1