Recent Macbook Pro (2011) repair experience

tookwan cottage

Hi everyone:

I have realized that Apple repairs can be a tricky proposition in Bangkok if you don't have a lot of money to spare, so I just wanted to recommend "
Haok & Bank" at Pantip Plaza. They completed a great repair job for a very serious condition for 9,500THB (incl. a follow-up repair to the monitor) after the brand new iService company (I think it has been set up by the iStudio chain) quoted me 40,000THB, while Unity Progress (a service listed as "authorised" on the Apple Thailand website) told me I needed to just buy a new one.

The guys at "Haok & Bank" also sell used products at good prices (I did a lot of checking around, as I was prepared for the prospect of buying a new laptop), in comparison to Craigslist, ThaiVisa, etc.

I know it sounds like I am connected with the company somehow, but I really could not believe how well they treated me and how transparent they were. No hidden fees, a decent command of English, and genuinely warm service. So yes, I have now found my go-to store for future Apple matters.

Regards,

Joe

Edited by tookwan cottage

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I recently needed to purchase one of their refurbished mid-2009 Macbook Pros (it had Mountain Lion—now Mavericks—Office 2011, all of the Adobe software, and software I will most likely never use, and they allowed me to walk away with it still owing Bt1,700, as Hauk told me he "trusted me" to return later.

Edited by tookwan cottage

Buying the extended AppleCare when purchasing the computer has paid off in my experience.

I have had excellent experience in obtaining free (and fast) repair service from the authorized Apple repair centers (one in Panthip) when the computer is still under the AppleCare warranty.

Otherwise for computers out of warranty, I also recommend Uficon. They've been around servicing Apple products since the Apple II was introduced.

Edited by rogerdee123

• 2 weeks later...