siam niramitt

ultimate weapon

Yep ...

From another Thread asking about it, I wrote ...

I have been a few times and enjoyed it.

Took the Thai gf, her Mum and my sister ... all good reports.

Go at least an hour - hour and a half before the show is scheduled to commence as the there is lots to look at in the surrounding grounds. (the hour and a half option is if there is a lot of traffic on the road and the mini-bus transfer is delayed ... ours was!)

Buy the cheap seats and move to a better position as it's never close to full.

If you want your wife up on stage, sit in the aisle seat and she might get picked to part of the 1/2 time entertainment while they close the curtains and do a few skits.

There is a mini-bus connection for free from (exit 1 from memory) leaving the Thailand Cultural Centre Underground Station.

The first time I went there was a discount ran by Chang Beer ... you just needed a number of the bottle tops. Might be other promotions .... so get your lady to ask around.

The Buffet option never appealed.

Thai "cultural shows" usually bore me to death. I really enjoyed Siam Niramit.

The show was pretty good. I've been a couple of times. The show was well worth it and Thai family and friends will enjoy it too, but eat somewhere else before the show. The first time I went, several years ago, we signed up for the pre-show buffet. It was a crush of tour bus loads of people elbowing one another for not particularly good food.

• Like 2

Thai "cultural shows" usually bore me to death. I really enjoyed Siam Niramit.

The show was pretty good. I've been a couple of times. The show was well worth it and Thai family and friends will enjoy it too, but eat somewhere else before the show. The first time I went, several years ago, we signed up for the pre-show buffet. It was a crush of tour bus loads of people elbowing one another for not particularly good food.

... +1 What they said ... thumbsup.gif

Yes; do give the buffet a pass.

It is, without question, the worst buffet I have ever sampled. And, because of visiting friends insisting, I sampled it twice!

You sure?

It was a great buffet.

Mate, horses for courses.

I saw the extra cost of the buffet ... and gave it a big pass.

But if you enjoyed it ... great ... thumbsup.gif

Yes; do give the buffet a pass.

It is, without question, the worst buffet I have ever sampled. And, because of visiting friends insisting, I sampled it twice!

You sure?

It was a great buffet.

I haven't tried it in years so I suppose it may have improved. Since most of the people eating there when I went apparently arrived in tour busses, there probably wasn't much motivation to make the experience all that great since very few of those eating there would ever be return customers anyway.

As I recall, the price of the buffet was several times what it would cost to get a really nice meal elsewhere... although maybe that was a combined charged for the show and buffet.

Edited by Suradit69

You sure?

It was a great buffet.

Mate, horses for courses.

I saw the extra cost of the buffet ... and gave it a big pass.

But if you enjoyed it ... great ... thumbsup.gif

You sure?

It was a great buffet.

I haven't tried it in years so I suppose it may have improved. Since most of the people eating there when I went apparently arrived in tour busses, there probably wasn't much motivation to make the experience all that great since very few of those eating there would ever be return customers anyway.

As I recall, the price of the buffet was several times what it would cost to get a really nice meal elsewhere... although maybe that was a combined charged for the show and buffet.

Wow foreigners complaining about the high price of a buffet in thailand.

Wow foreigners complaining about the high price of a buffet in thailand.

ultimate weapon ... you came and asked our opinion.

We've indicated that the Show is good/great, but the Buffet, for the money, is lame.

It's a matter of perspective I suppose. You call us 'foreigners' ... but I'm sure that most of us, who have commented either live either part-time or permanently in Thailand.

Just from our experiences, there is much better value in the MarketPlace then that offered by their Buffet.

If you don't live here then it's a bit high and mighty to say ... "Wow foreigners complaining about the high price of a buffet in thailand."

• Like 1

I have tried it twice. First time was because I didn't know any better. The second was because my visiting friends thought it would be easier, and, after hearing people like you praising it, I thought it may have improved. It didn't improve. In fact, it was worse than the first time!

Yes it is cheap. And, because my wife's mother has connections in the tour industry, we get the 'reseller' pricing. In fact, my wife gets the show and buffet free because they assume she's a guide.

I have enjoyed Lord Jim's, The Erawan's and other buffets, costing 2~5 times as much.

I have also enjoyed 99 baht mokatas much, much more than Siam Niramit's buffet.

Not only does Siam Niramit's buffet suck, time wasted there would be better spent exploring the grounds.

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 1