Thai Commerce Ministry asserts full payment to farmers for rice purchases

webfact

This rice pledging scam can become a massive economical hangover for the rice farmers of Thailand. What can they do if they have no cash for the next crop, no money for fertilizers, no fuel for their tractors (or food for their buffaloes) and what will they do if they can't sell the next crop because all the warehouses are already full of unsold rice?

The Thai people will just go marry a farrang. Easy

It's been suggested already by a Phua Thai MP

"Sunai Julphongsathorn, a Pheu Thai Party MP from Chum Saeng in Nakhon Sawan Province and the chairman of the parliamentary committee on foreign affairs, was at the center of controversy recently over his alleged advice that poor Thai women should marry a farang" wub.png

Financial discipline - not a term commonly used in regard to the rice scam, discipline being a scarce commodity in fantasy land.

True, like it was not in the land and palmoil scam of Suthep, neither in the billions of baht in bonuses paid by the Abhisit government to the coup takers and their friends, or when instead of drones the abhisit government bought a leaking Zeppelin that the insurgents saw coming from Bangkok, not to mention the fake bomb scanner scam or the scam perpetrated by the late Sanan who suddenly took charge of the ministry of health, paid enormous amounts for face masks, not to mention the purchase of a an aircraft carrier without airplanes which was too expensive for Great Britain to maintain. For every Yingluck scandal we can find twenty in which the Bangkok elite was involved. And do not give me the crap that Suthep was never convicted for corruption, so is the case with Thaksin. They both however have a conviction for conflict of interest.

Thaksin did not invented corruption or scams, the elite did 80 years ago. The democrat party have sponsors like TPI who need to pay billions to their creditors and the biggest critic of Thaksin and sponsor of the democrat party Akeyuth Anchanbutr was the inventor of the pyramid scheme in Thailand.

Unless ou do not want to believe that your hero Suthep is not only a mass murderer but also a crook, just like Thaksin you better keep on dreaming.

This rice pledging scam can become a massive economical hangover for the rice farmers of Thailand. What can they do if they have no cash for the next crop, no money for fertilizers, no fuel for their tractors (or food for their buffaloes) and what will they do if they can't sell the next crop because all the warehouses are already full of unsold rice?

The Thai people will just go marry a farrang. Easy

It's been suggested already by a Phua Thai MP

"Sunai Julphongsathorn, a Pheu Thai Party MP from Chum Saeng in Nakhon Sawan Province and the chairman of the parliamentary committee on foreign affairs, was at the center of controversy recently over his alleged advice that poor Thai women should marry a farang" wub.png

Sunai tells the audience of around 1,000 red shirts to find a farang husband for an easy life “because European governments give you everything for free.”

Sunai went on: “Get a German husband. Get a Swedish husband. Get a Norwegian husband. People used to love [Thailand] unreservedly. But the more they loved the country, the poorer they got. The more they loved the country, the stupider they got.”

“All you need is a farang husband and their government will pay you to study,” he said.

Even more controversially, he then implied that the best way to study a foreign language was by sleeping with a foreigner.

“Sitting studying is too slow. Lie down to study, then go to the hospital. They will pay you to have the baby… It’s all free, right up to the shitty diapers.”

Well that'll save some money on the next crop wont it.

Well that'll save some money on the next crop wont it.

The girls from the rice farms better start practicing how to pronounce: Handsome man where you come from? or You buy me Cola?

• Haha 1

It's similar to the US government, always spending more than it has to spend. The US deficit is needed to keep revenues (from % payments) coming for banks. Thaksin probably figured, "If it works for the world's biggest economy, it should work for Thailand also." So he enlarged a program that was paying Thai farmers more for rice than the rice was worth - in order to garner votes. They've been in over their heads for over a year, but the program will continue. Why? Mainly because Thaksin deems it so, but also because farmers and millers are addicted to the money coming in, and any changes or lessening of the pledge amounts will see reactions similar to a junkie whose junk is taken away.

• Like 1

Sunai tells the audience of around 1,000 red shirts to find a farang husband for an easy life because European governments give you everything for free.

Sunai went on: Get a German husband. Get a Swedish husband. Get a Norwegian husband. People used to love [Thailand] unreservedly. But the more they loved the country, the poorer they got. The more they loved the country, the stupider they got.

All you need is a farang husband and their government will pay you to study, he said.

Even more controversially, he then implied that the best way to study a foreign language was by sleeping with a foreigner.

Sitting studying is too slow. Lie down to study, then go to the hospital. They will pay you to have the baby Its all free, right up to the shitty diapers.

I suggest he doesn't try moonlighting as a stand-up comedian.

Though it reminds me of meeting with the deputy governor in my Thai province. I had some questions about visa (in the days before Thaivisa existed). Every time he opened his mouth he asked,"you have Thai wife?" He asked me that exact Q about 8 times. After saying 'no' seven times, I asked if he had a sister who was single. He didn't hear it as a jest, and our interview was over. A month earlier, I had met with the actual Governor, and he was even more brain-dead than his deputy. It was about that time that I realized how difficult it must be for the Thai people to garner decent leadership material in Thailand.

• Like 1

A phone from Dubai

TS: Idiot!! NEw election is coming.I need the votes from the north side buffalos. You better settle the rice scam scheme for me.

TS lackey 1: Yes Sir, I will do it right now.

Announcement: All right all the farmers, dont worry. We have the baht to give you. YOu have to trust us. Ptp is always here for you. Dont listen to other people BS. They are just jealous of us. We have the ability to "take" whatever we can,while they can only look at us dropping saliva helplessly. Don't forget, we are the real ''DEMOCRACY''. Democracy= TS, TS=Democracy.

And oh ya, coming election, we are going to give you "bonus" again. Who care for the farmers??

Only us, PTP. Right? smile.png

Farmers: YEs!!! TS, HOoray!! TS,hooray!!!

TS lackey 1: WHat a bunch of idiots~ -____-

TS lackey 2: Once we are re-elected, millions of bahts once again in our pockets. cool man~

TS lackey 3: ''DEMOCRACY'' is always with us. wink.png

Edited by Smokemachine
  • Like 1

Financial discipline - not a term commonly used in regard to the rice scam, discipline being a scarce commodity in fantasy land.

True, like it was not in the land and palmoil scam of Suthep, neither in the billions of baht in bonuses paid by the Abhisit government to the coup takers and their friends, or when instead of drones the abhisit government bought a leaking Zeppelin that the insurgents saw coming from Bangkok, not to mention the fake bomb scanner scam or the scam perpetrated by the late Sanan who suddenly took charge of the ministry of health, paid enormous amounts for face masks, not to mention the purchase of a an aircraft carrier without airplanes which was too expensive for Great Britain to maintain. For every Yingluck scandal we can find twenty in which the Bangkok elite was involved. And do not give me the crap that Suthep was never convicted for corruption, so is the case with Thaksin. They both however have a conviction for conflict of interest.

Thaksin did not invented corruption or scams, the elite did 80 years ago. The democrat party have sponsors like TPI who need to pay billions to their creditors and the biggest critic of Thaksin and sponsor of the democrat party Akeyuth Anchanbutr was the inventor of the pyramid scheme in Thailand.

Unless ou do not want to believe that your hero Suthep is not only a mass murderer but also a crook, just like Thaksin you better keep on dreaming.

You are blaming Abhisit for things that were not his affair. The army is paid their annual budget, what they do with the money is their decision...As for the rest, care to venture a little proof instead of just random accusations ?

The aircraft carrier was purchased from Spain. The aircraft were purchased from UK.

I am pretty sure the bomb scanner scam was during Thaksins reign. From memory Thaksin was deposed by coup Sept 19th 2006 and Swampy opened on September 26th, so that would be about correct that it was a TS crony who pocketed the money on this one, but definetly on TS's watch.

Could not be bothered debunking the rest of the TS fanboy rant.

I just know through family that the farmers are not getting their money in time to pay for the planting of the next crop, about 2 months delay for the cheque. The winners here are the money lenders. What a complete financial disaster this rice scam is/will be for a lot of people.

Cheers

• Like 1

Another BS excuse.

If they can give the bureaucrats 3.7 billion Baht in bonuses for doing their job, the least they can do is to honour their commitment to the farmers.

I strongly suspect that the bonuses are announced, but payment won't be made until after the election due to fiscal responsibility.

Sunai tells the audience of around 1,000 red shirts to find a farang husband for an easy life because European governments give you everything for free.

Sunai went on: Get a German husband. Get a Swedish husband. Get a Norwegian husband. People used to love [Thailand] unreservedly. But the more they loved the country, the poorer they got. The more they loved the country, the stupider they got.

All you need is a farang husband and their government will pay you to study, he said.

Sitting studying is too slow. Lie down to study, then go to the hospital. They will pay you to have the baby Its all free, right up to the shitty diapers.

I suggest he doesn't try moonlighting as a stand-up comedian.

Though it reminds me of meeting with the deputy governor in my Thai province. I had some questions about visa (in the days before Thaivisa existed). Every time he opened his mouth he asked,"you have Thai wife?" He asked me that exact Q about 8 times. After saying 'no' seven times, I asked if he had a sister who was single. He didn't hear it as a jest, and our interview was over. A month earlier, I had met with the actual Governor, and he was even more brain-dead than his deputy. It was about that time that I realized how difficult it must be for the Thai people to garner decent leadership material in Thailand.

I met the provincial governor a few months ago. Xenophobic idiot. And I really mean idiot. I really think he looked at the world through the eyes of a 9 year old.

• Like 1

If they are going to wait till Feb (next year) to pay this years outstanding payments to the farmers, then that shows lack of accounting discipline? So they contradict themselves?

The proof will be when the farmers are paid. If they aren't paid then someone lied?

A phone from Dubai

TS: Idiot!! NEw election is coming.I need the votes from the north side buffalos. You better settle the rice scam scheme for me.

TS lackey 1: Yes Sir, I will do it right now.

Announcement: All right all the farmers, dont worry. We have the baht to give you. YOu have to trust us. Ptp is always here for you. Dont listen to other people BS. They are just jealous of us. We have the ability to "take" whatever we can,while they can only look at us dropping saliva helplessly. Don't forget, we are the real ''DEMOCRACY''. Democracy= TS, TS=Democracy.

And oh ya, coming election, we are going to give you "bonus" again. Who care for the farmers??

Only us, PTP. Right? smile.png

Farmers: YEs!!! TS, HOoray!! TS,hooray!!!

TS lackey 1: WHat a bunch of idiots~ -____-

TS lackey 2: Once we are re-elected, millions of bahts once again in our pockets. cool man~

TS lackey 3: ''DEMOCRACY'' is always with us. wink.png

TS lackey 4 : "May the Red Force Be With Him Us, Mistress Laia Yingluck !" whistling.gif

TS : "Don't worry, that's already pre-arranged & paid-for !" facepalm.gif

• Like 1

One thing you can absolutely count on! Whether they bankrupt Thailand or not the Farmers will be paid just before the general election. Yet another PTP win and yet more political turmoil in the future! However if your cash is outside Thailand you cant lose as the Baht will plummet further!

The farmers will get paid before the election, you can count on that. It's a biz expense for the Shinawatres, using other peoples' (taxpayer) money. Because it's taxpayer money, taxpayers should be kept abreast of the details of the rice scam, BUT THEY'RE NOT. It's looks likely Ms Yingluck will again be the proxy leader of Thailand, and we can expect a further deterioration of things in Thailand - on many levels.

One thing that won't deteriorate is Thailand ass-kissing China, because the Chinese-Thai top bananas holding the purse strings, cannot say no to China - not even to a 2.2 trillion baht speedo train which will primarily benefit Chinese commerce.

It's good to see that the Commerce Ministry is going to pay the farmers for their rice, the question is why haven't they been paid on time and when are they going to be payed, I have no confidence in this administration ability to do anything right ,but the sure do a lot of talking.bah.gif

maybe if there were no protest, the government has not thought of paying the farmers

The Commerce Ministry has another amount of Bt12 billion from sales of packaged rice, contributing to a total Bt60 billion to be paid to farmers by the end of the year

So this is the fruit of the protest. If there's no threat to the government, maybe the payment to the farmers is next year cropping or longer than that.

Farmers are now happy