America's classiest anchorman reports on Thai babies

webfact

This just in: America's classiest anchorman reports on Thai babies
By Coconuts Bangkok

ron.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Don't act like you're not impressed with Ron Burgundy, the satirical rendering of U.S. news personalities by comedian Will Ferrell.

While appearing in-character in a recent interview to promote Anchorman 2, Burgundy rendered a verdict on which nation has the most beautiful babies in the world and recommended a solution for the plague of American infant ugliness.

These are not new sentiments for Burgundy, who repeated them in his recent book:

"We could set up a tribunal of judges and decide which babies need to be shipped off to England, where there have never been good-looking babies," [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/12/13/just-americas-classiest-anchorman-reports-thai-babies

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-12-14

Love it...Thaiwanese. Is that a mix of Thailand and Taiwan? 555555

Most Americans does not know the different between Thailand & Thaiwan. That is true.

Care to share your data? (Most people have never even heard of Thaiwan...myself included.)

Edited by Dararasmi
  • Like 2

Most Americans does not know the different between Thailand & Thaiwan. That is true.

What research data do you base that upon?

It's because they have a lot of Taiwanese restaurants. Other countries like Scotland don't, they have Thai restaurants and few Taiwanese people. Surprised a talk show host could be that thick.

Care to share your data? (Most people have never even heard of Thaiwan...myself included.)

well, Thaiwan no, but, 20 years ago, most clothes or shoes you owned were made in Taiwansmile.png

What research data do you base that upon?

It's because they have a lot of Taiwanese restaurants. Other countries like Scotland don't, they have Thai restaurants and few Taiwanese people. Surprised a talk show host could be that thick.

I actually don't think I've ever seen a Taiwanese restaurant. Loads of Chinese. And yes, loads of Thai restaurants. When we moved there 11 years ago I was surprised at how many Americans said Thai food was one of their favorites. My wife was extremely popular cooking up food for everybody.

American's don't have a great knowledge of countries worldwide. But how many foreigners know where all the US states are?

Taiwanese comes from the people and culture of Taiwan. When I tell people I live in Thailand most of them ask me do I speak Taiwanese. Obviously Geography wasent their strong point when at School.

• Like 1

I thought, until recently, Washington State was near New York. Also, I thought Seattle was on the wrong coast.

Probably more know the US states than Amercicans know about Thai provinces.

Often I've met Americans who introduce themselves as coming from say Ohio or Texas. I always reply, I am from Grampian.

I thought, until recently, Washington State was near New York. Also, I thought Seattle was on the wrong coast.

Often I've met Americans who introduce themselves as coming from say Ohio or Texas. I always reply, I am from Grampian.

5555 Right on. Figuring out the Thai provinces would be tough. Heck, I can barely pronounce them! 55555

5555 Right on. Figuring out the Thai provinces would be tough. Heck, I can barely pronounce them! 55555

Even Thais can't say Rayong, Ranong, Yala quickly. Try it!