ANOTHER 90 days question

Ever since I did my 90-days-reporting on time. I learnt here that there is an additional 7 days grace periode.

Question now: When I report e.g. after 95 days, will I get another full 90 days to my next visit to the probation officer or only, in this case, only 85 additional days because I missed the original one?

My last entry into the kingdom was on 10OCT and my 90-days-reporting is due 08JAN, but I am going to escape the Songkran hustle on 12 APR. So I am in a dilema to report again shortly before I leave.

OR

can I just go on the 13JAN and get full 90 days and the next reporting due date on 16APR? That would suit we well as I am out already.....and back 19APR when the clock starts again.

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, but I din't find/see.

unsure.png

The experts will be along shortly....but I am guessing that you are talking about visa runs, as opposed to reporting your address.....both occur every 90 days.

So if you are leaving the kingdom (visa run) then your 90 days starts from when you re-enter the kingdom.

As far as penalties go for overdue, I think you do have a bit of a leeway, but I will let the experts answer that one.

Cheers.

(edit) : I would like to stress that when I refer to the "experts" I mean that in the most admirable way....they have helped me on numerous occasions in the past. This forum is full of genuine helpful individuals. They are the Best!

Edited by Rsquared

The experts will be along shortly....but I am guessing that you are talking about visa runs, as opposed to reporting your address.....both occur every 90 days.

So if you are leaving the kingdom (visa run) then your 90 days starts from when you re-enter the kingdom.

As far as penalties go for overdue, I think you do have a bit of a leeway, but I will let the experts answer that one.

Cheers.

Seems I forgot an important detail. SORRY!

I am on retirement stay extension since 2010. Before (since 2006) on O-visa because I was still on the wrong side of 50.

I

Edited by khrab

Cheers.

He is asking about 90 day reports because he has an extension of stay. Not 90 day border runs.

The 90 days start from the date you report. But you need to check your math. Mine says a report date of 13 Jan would be a new report date of April 14th.

Sorry. Yes of course your are right.

14APR is perfectly fine with me. I leave on 12APR.

Sorry to doubt you, but the grace periode doesn't give you extra days.

The IO will reset his date stamp and puts you on 90 days after the date on your former notification.

My last date was due 4 nov, I went in 7 nov. and my new date is 2 feb 2014.

Sorry to doubt you, but the grace periode doesn't give you extra days.

The IO will reset his date stamp and puts you on 90 days after the date on your former notification.

My last date was due 4 nov, I went in 7 nov. and my new date is 2 feb 2014.

Well, Houston we have a problem....

Plan B:

Being a good boy again I do my 90-days-report on the 08JAN and get until 08APR. (Is this right ubonjoe?). When I leave on 12APR I am still within the 7 days grace periode.

Will this work out ok? Will I get problems at the airport? Anybody done that before? Please report. THX!

Living in the middle of nowhere, each trip to CM IMMI is a 120km trip which I don't mind....but the parking lot. facepalm.gif

Your next report will, by my reckoning, be due on 7-Jan-14 (10-Oct-13, the date of your last entry into Thailand, counts as Day 1 for calculation purposes).

Likewise, the following report will be due on 6-Apr-14 (7-Jan-14 likewise counting as Day 1 for calculation purposes). You are unlikely to encounter any airport grief on 12-Apr-14 by not reporting on or after 6-Apr-14, but you may be in for a hard time at Immigration when you submit your first report after your return on 19-Apr-14 (due on 17-Jul-14). This is because the grace period for the report due on 6-Apr-14 is deemed to be void in the particular situation in which you will find yourself.

To save yourself a 120km drive on 6-Apr-14, could you not mail your report instead (I understand that Chiang Mai still allow this for longstayers living outside city limits)? You would, however, need to do this 15 days before the due date (i.e. by 22-Mar-14).

Alternatively, could you not bring forward your departure until 6-Apr-14? As well as avoiding the need for a further 90-day report, you would also, of course, beat the Great Songkran Expat Exodus Rush!biggrin.png

Edited by OJAS

Your next report will, by my reckoning, be due on 7-Jan-14 (10-Oct-13, the date of your last entry into Thailand, counts as Day 1 for calculation purposes).

Likewise, the following report will be due on 6-Apr-14 (7-Jan-14 likewise counting as Day 1 for calculation purposes). You are unlikely to encounter any airport grief on 12-Apr-14 by not reporting on or after 6-Apr-14, but you may be in for a hard time at Immigration when you submit your first report after your return on 19-Apr-14 (due on 17-Jul-14). This is because the grace period for the report due on 6-Apr-14 is deemed to be void in the particular situation in which you will find yourself.

To save yourself a 120km drive on 6-Apr-14, could you not mail your report instead (I understand that Chiang Mai still allow this for longstayers living outside city limits)? You would, however, need to do this 15 days before the due date (i.e. by 22-Mar-14).

Alternatively, could you not bring forward your departure until 6-Apr-14? As well as avoiding the need for a further 90-day report, you would also, of course, beat the Great Songkran Expat Exodus Rush!biggrin.png

Thank you very much for your brief reply OJAS!

I don't want to bore you with the story of my life but there are more aspects around. Here are some:

I hate to leave my house, I hate to leave the country and I hate public transportation of any kind (planes!), too. But for medical reasons I must see my doctor, pharmacist and optician twice a year (APR/OCT) in Germany. The last trip in OCT was pretty painless. Arrived at Frankfurt airport in the morning and after 4 hours I was finished with all my appointments and back at the airport for my trip home. Smooth.

Well, there are some friends and family also, so I schedule a "longer" stay in APR so I can also skip some of the Songkran "fun" too.

Should I reschedule my APR trip, than I would have a similar issue next OCT.

Anyway. Enough chit-chat.

When I go to IMMI in JAN, I also apply for my re-entry permit and will ask the officer's opinion on that matter. Worst case I have to do the 90-days-run again in APR. I don't mind the driving (or what ever this is to be called) in Thailand, but, as I wrote before, the parking lot turns me really off. The staff is pretty nice!

Thanks again everybody.

wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

Edited by khrab

I have been doing reports for a few years now and the next one is always 90 days from the date I reported. I have even reported a few days late so that my report day still falls close to my extension date.

The 7 day grace period is only for reporting. If you leave the country after the report date your report will still not of been done.

Immigration at the airport and border don't check for 90 day reports.

But immigration may notice you to failed to report before leaving when you go to make your first report after returning.

"Will I get problems at the airport?"

The immigration officers at that airport do not care about 90 day reports! Many people take out the 90 day slips before they even go through immigration, not a problem.

• 5 weeks later...