Surveyor...how much

How much should it cost for a surveyor to roughly survey 7 rai and divide into 1 rai plots ?

I say roughly as not for the land dept or the actual subdivision, just want to know where the boundaries would roughly be for each block prior to building a shed on the property...so as not to build it across a potential boundary?

So not an official job, just for our own requirements to realise the internal boundaries.

Does the land already have a Chanote? If so, a surveyor could carry out the survey from the Chanote Plan and provide you with measurements taken from the existing Chanote markers to delineate each one rai plot. Cost about 3,000THB without a site visit.

Post above...near Korat.

Yes it has chanote, but we want a site visit to put pegs in as I want to visualise the sizes and boundaries as planning to keep one block ourselves.

Land office and local private surveyor quoted circa 3500 per rai.

We got a guy that also quoted 3.5, but told him it is not official and just for our own use etc and he is doing it for 10k...still, think 10k is exy for half a days work and 2 workers doing all the hot work for him for 300b a day.

Anyway, need it done.

If a surveyor has a copy of the Chanote, and if the land has physical Chanote posts, it is easy for you to place your own pegs for each one rai plot, from dimensions that the surveyor would supply you with. Surveyor doesn't need to visit the site. If the land is reasonably flat and clear all you'd need is a surveyor's tape and a few pegs, (and know how to triangulate) and you and 'er indoors could wrap it up in a couple of early mornings before it gets hot.

If I wasn't a 16hr drive away from you I'd do a site visit. I could still draft out a plan for you, but would require a copy of the Chanote plan. Don't need a copy of the full page of the Chanote, just the plan and the scale to which the plan is drawn. No charge.....if that helps.

• Like 1

If a surveyor has a copy of the Chanote, and if the land has physical Chanote posts, it is easy for you to place your own pegs for each one rai plot, from dimensions that the surveyor would supply you with. Surveyor doesn't need to visit the site. If the land is reasonably flat and clear all you'd need is a surveyor's tape and a few pegs, (and know how to triangulate) and you and 'er indoors could wrap it up in a couple of early mornings before it gets hot.

If I wasn't a 16hr drive away from you I'd do a site visit. I could still draft out a plan for you, but would require a copy of the Chanote plan. Don't need a copy of the full page of the Chanote, just the plan and the scale to which the plan is drawn. No charge.....if that helps.

Appreciated much....but we gave the guy the go ahead to do it, started today, done tomorrow and his boys will mark it all out.

Tis a little more complicated, but not much, in that we need to look at moving boundaries and such to facilitate a road if we need to etc and want to know the different options.....I believe a site visit is a must and so it must be.

Thanks for the offer though, very kind. Cheers.

• Like 1

Your block as shown on the chanote may be as small as a fingernail - scan & blow it up on your computer, print, then take your time to mark the sub yourself, thinking of all the implications for each block. Where are existing buildings, planned buildings, access, water, power, etc etc.

Then you might feel confident to mark it out yourself, or have it done.

Just giving instructions to the surveyor - quite likely in a month or few you will be thinking 'I should have divided it a different way'

Edited by Stuart21