Soap and towels and tissue

quiuvo

I always carry some toilet paper when I go out because many shopping malls, not all, do not have tissue. Yeah buy some for five baht if any. Also no soap in some malls and small restaurants and no towels to dry hands afterwards . Why? Expensive? No trees in Thailand unlike USA and other countries? I dry with my pants and or shirt.

I agree.

My solution is to fold up three or four paper towels and carry them in my rear pants pocket.

Paper towels are cheap and stand up to many tasks.

I know many (most) Thais will just wipe their face and hands on their shirt or pants after eating messy food with their fingers, but that's just not me!

I like to keep my body and my clothing clean and Thai food vendors do not provide napkins or wet wipes like those in so many other countries do.

I love the food, but hate the mess.

The roll of ass wipe ( toilet paper ) sometimes provided on the eating table is a nice idea, but pretty fragile stuff to really clean up with.

Thailand, where you clean your ass with water and fingers and clean your face with toilet paper!

Thanks for the post.

and forgive the idiots, they are only idiots. What else can you expect from them? lol

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 1

+1 on carrying a small pocket pack of tissues, useful for everything.

Instead of soap, get those little bottles of hand sanitiser you can buy in 7/11 and elsewhere.

Then you don't need paper towels to dry your hands, or to rely on some 30 year old hand dryer that couldn't generate a cold, gentle breeze if you stuck four million volts through it.

• Like 1