Air Asia Credit Card used for booking check at airport

fishhooks

Emailed Air Asia more than a week back re my "Credit Card" used for booking a number of flights earlier this year being cancelled by my bank.

Nothing heard back as yet.

My card was cancelled as it was compromised in another country and illegally used........... Is "Skimmed" the term?

I have since been issued a new card.

For memory, the 'actual' card used for on-line bookings, is to be shown on Check-In for all flights booked with such card.

Of course this original card has been destroyed by me on instructions from my bank.

Just looking for advice should anyone here have been faced with this situation of not being able to show the original booking card at the airport on Check-In.

I guess they are busy, but my flights are approaching and I'm sure I remember this presenting of the card is a strict requirement.

Being travelling with AA umpteen times...never being asked to verify credit cards at check-in...also you can web or kiosk check-in and dont even have to go to the counter..unless you have baggage...

Edited by chuang

Haven't checked in in Melbourne since last January, but then and in the few years prior it was a 'must' !

Maybe it's only a procedure in Australia ??

Also, yes, checked baggage will be on the cards for a two month trip.

BTW. I'm fairly sure all of the Internationals out of Australia (at least Melbourne) require to sight the Credit Card used for the booking, if that was the form of payment. Jetstar definitely.

SIA too! and I'll bet QF.

Edited by fishhooks

I've never ever been asked to show a credit for an Air Asia flight, though have been asked to show my card with most other carriers.

I have used a virtual card with AA in the past, so no card to show, and they have confirmed to me that I can use my card for a third party booking, they were not asked for the card either.

Good point about the old card, do you still have it?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply:

My card was compromised somewhere / somehow, so was cancelled by the bank who picked it up on a suspect transaction in Stockholm of all places.

The bank told me it is policy not to discuss with a customer, just how one's card has been compromised and how they pick up on the false transaction! ................ They just issue new cards when this happens and ask you to destroy the original/s.

Air Asia have replied in the meantime and stated that no problem on "check-in" providing a booking is not made with a "card" within 48 hours of the actual flight! In that case they told me they always ask to see. Whether and where this is enforced, I have no idea, as my bookings are usually made quite early.

In my case the upcoming flights were booked several months prior.

I stand corrected but in the past I'm sure SIA always without fail check your card made for the booking at "check-in" although I haven't flown with them for a few years. For memory, it's very clearly stated on their booking site when the booking is made.

Edited by fishhooks

AA have asked for it in the past but not the last couple/few years.

In any case, I would be inclined to print out CC statement showing purchase of tickets and also get something from the CC company on paper advising of new card being issued to you due to fraud (or whatnot) for peace of mind.wink.png