Only 13 days to go

eezergood

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been to Phucket for 8 years, so can someone enlighten me as to what is going on please?

Absolutely nothing.

Some changes what people want is promised to be done by the people in power. There is a nice talk and deadline when things are solved out. When deadline comes, no real improvements have been done. The cycle continues.

Edited by Guest

I have not been to Phucket for 8 years, so can someone enlighten me as to what is going on please?

Absolutely nothing.

Some changes what people want is promised to be done by the people in power. There is a nice talk and deadline when things are solved out. When deadline comes, no real improvements have been done. The cycle continues.

You forgot to mention about all the western tourist that have stopped coming here, and the expats that have moved away, due to this "cycle."

• Like 1

As I understand it, the tourists are still coming to Phuket in droves. There are still lots of new victims that sign up for package tours that haven't heard of all the scams. There may be lots of first time tourists who never come back but there are many many to replace them.

• Like 1

As I understand it, the tourists are still coming to Phuket in droves. There are still lots of new victims that sign up for package tours that haven't heard of all the scams. There may be lots of first time tourists who never come back but there are many many to replace them.

Exactly - there are many to replace them = the goose will keep on laying those golden eggs so why worry about civility and service sad.png

• Like 2

"the tourists are still coming to Phuket in droves" - not the lucrative western market.

The tourist numbers are being propped up by the package holiday makers from emerging economies, who spend close to nothing whilst here on their holiday.

Much of the western market, and many expats, have had enough of the BS here and have moved on.

• Like 1

Exactly - there are many to replace them = the goose will keep on laying those golden eggs so why worry about civility and service sad.png

The goose is still laying golden eggs, but laying less, and they are smaller. A trend I think you will see continue, until finially some real benefits are implemented here for tourists, and the tourism industry.

Until then, I can only see the Phuket local economy contracting.

• Like 1

I still see loads of new expats coming to live here.

For every one that leaves, three arrive.

There are more expats living here than I've ever seen before, which kinda makes your claim "strange", to be polite.

I know more that have left, than met those who have come, and of those I know that have left, a few were encouraged to leave by friends who had already left before them.

Just the other day, a friend told me he would soon be moving to Khao Lak. Ok, not so far away, but moving, never the less.

Most of these expats have a Thai missus, so, that's two people leaving.

The expat exit numbers are growing, and they have thick skins, not to mention the tourists that will never return here.

Just another bang of the drum?

What about all the expats that you see, but don't know?

Maybe you have difficulty in telling expats and tourists apart in Patong?

Not so down south. Loads and loads of new, recently arrived expats. Why should Patong be any different?

Sorry, but, "people you know" and "mates that tell you" are qualitatively insignificant.

Just another bang of the drum?

What about all the expats that you see, but don't know?

Maybe you have difficulty in telling expats and tourists apart in Patong?

Not so down south. Loads and loads of new, recently arrived expats. Why should Patong be any different?

Sorry, but, "people you know" and "mates that tell you" are qualitatively insignificant.

As stated in my post. "I" represents my observations and opinion. I have no hard data on expat numbers here. It would be a hard statistic to gain data on. I classify myself as an expat, but I am living here on perpetual tourist visas due to being under 50 years of age.

I wouldn't be in immigration's statistics as an expat, and there are many others like me.

Maybe other members also know some expats who have left Phuket, or maybe it's just me, but I know quite a few that have left, and even more that used to holday here that now go else where. Once again, that could just be me, but maybe other members also know people detouring Phuket for their holiday.

I saw two aggressive acts by drivers and their cohorts yesterday in the span of less than two hours.

First incident, a Russian guy parks in the middle of the road just like the tuk tuks, close by a tuk tuk stand in Karon. Next thing your know a group of drivers are all over the 2 metre tall, big Russian guy and one of the drivers slaps the Russian, then more of their ilk come over to ensure a beat down. Smart Russian exits the scene. Then in Kata, in front of a mini mart, an older Thai guy has his stereo much too loud with all the doors open blocking a walkway. A Scandanavian lady tries to walk by and closes the door. Said older Thai guy then becomes enraged and wants to fight the lady and her boyfriend, along with 6 young thai punks hanging around. These scumbags really need to be cleaned up.

I saw two aggressive acts by drivers and their cohorts yesterday in the span of less than two hours.

First incident, a Russian guy parks in the middle of the road just like the tuk tuks, close by a tuk tuk stand in Karon. Next thing your know a group of drivers are all over the 2 metre tall, big Russian guy and one of the drivers slaps the Russian, then more of their ilk come over to ensure a beat down. Smart Russian exits the scene. Then in Kata, in front of a mini mart, an older Thai guy has his stereo much too loud with all the doors open blocking a walkway. A Scandanavian lady tries to walk by and closes the door. Said older Thai guy then becomes enraged and wants to fight the lady and her boyfriend, along with 6 young thai punks hanging around. These scumbags really need to be cleaned up.

A few of my old friends from the football terraces should make the trip..........

• Like 1