Suthep invites foreign ambassadors to observe demonstrations

webfact

PDRC invites foreign ambassadors to observe demonstrations

12-17-2013-9-21-52-AM-728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The secretary-general of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) is inviting all foreign ambassadors in Bangkok to observe its anti-Thaksin regime demonstrations at the Democracy Monument on Wednesday.

Addressing to thousands of demonstrators at the monument last night, PDRC secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban said invitations would be extended to all foreign ambassadors to observe the PDRC’s demonstrations at all its locations at 5 p.m. tomorrow.

He said that this was to tell all the truth about the PDRC’s will and what it was doing, not what it was portrayed and misled by the government.

He said the People’s Council it was proposing is not a communist council as was misled.

He said it was also important to make clear that the PDRC was not opposing the election as always misled, but instead it supported election under the atmosphere of democratic reform.

He said that the PDRC wanted to reform the country first through calling the prime minister and all her cabinet to step down from caretaker role so as to pave the way for the appointment of a good and respected person to become an interim prime minister, the People Council and interim government to work closely with the Election Commission to ensure transparent election.

Without this process, Suthep said the February 2 election as insisted by the illegitimate government would only bring about same group of corrupted politicians under the Thaksin regime back to power, and then conflict and protest would emerge again.

He said the people no longer wanted to see the regime back to this country again.

He said now Ms Yingluck Shinawatra has only two options left ..to step down or to face the protest which would inevitably intensify by growing number of supporters of several millions.

He assured that intensification of the protests would remain peaceful with no use of force but with the power of the people to put pressure on her.

By that time, he warned Ms Yingluck would have no place on this land to live but have to follow her brother to Dubai with her son and would never be allowed to return again.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-invites-foreign-ambassadors-observe-demonstrations/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-17

• Like 1

He said now Ms Yingluck Shinawatra has only two options left ..to step down or to face the protest

Or just wait until Suthep is in prison where he belongs.

Along with Yingluck's brother and probably 75% of the political sphere. But that will not happen anytime soon. The problem Suthep is facing really, apart from prison, is that he has stirred up the same bitterness and resentment in the North, which happened last time. And the truly sad part is that the North were starting to lose faith in the PTP now anyway, until Suthep came along and kicked the whole hornet's nest over (again.)

But again, the election / vote-buying is not the burning issue, the issue is that in Parliament all sides need to have greater say in policymaking dialogue. If there is rampant vote-buying or an unbalanced monoparty voting pool, you need to lower the powers granted to the winner of the most votes, and demand greater interaction between all members of Parliament regardless of colour. It is far easier (in a country such as this) to regulate the decisionmaking process from within, than it is to change the entire political system of who leads the nation overnight.

Thailand needs Regulation, not Revolution.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

Suthep has a point. Thailand needs some serious reform urgently but many posters here on TV don't understand what that means. Therefor they resort to making dumb comments.

Only thing PT wants is have elections, buy votes, promise billion and billions through populism and enrich themselves (oh yes and more Red villages). They don't want ANYTHING to change because business is booming for the Shin clan.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 2

Given the " busy " schedules the ambassadors have, I'm afraid they will not find " working " time enough to attend...

Too many official holidays, garden party's , receptions, dinners , lunches.....

Mr Suthep has to remember that these people have to start and stop working at certain hours ( preferably overlapping!! )

I wonder when he will call for the Gods to shine a light up his a**!!

clap2.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifcheesy.gif

I think the different ambassadors are too busy having garden parties to join the protesters ...... another ridiculous comment like this K Suthep ? what next ? he will ask Barak obama and vladimir poutin to join ?

No, Obama is to democrat for him, I think he will invite Kim Jong Un, fits perfect with him.

Suthep has a point. Thailand needs some serious reform urgently but many posters here on TV don't understand what that means. Therefor they resort to making dumb comments.

Only thing PT wants is have elections, buy votes, promise billion and billions through populism and enrich themselves (oh yes and more Red villages). They don't want ANYTHING to change because business is booming for the Shin clan.

Hey Nickymaster, don't you know it's the Dems that buy the votes:

Deputy Democrat party leader Alongkorn Ponlaboot in an interview that was broadcast on May 31, 2013 on John Winyu’s show (****Thai language removed****) stated:

“Recently, if we speak directly, they [Puea Thai] use little money. I am not saying we [the Democrats] use more money than them [Puea Thai]. [host interprets with statement "they are using less money"]. It has become inverted [host interprets and says "They don't need to use so much money?"] I say if it is like that then don’t say we lost because of money”. “For the last election, it may be because we actually used more than them. Therefore, don’t talk about this issue anymore."

• Like 2

What would you do if you're playing in the Bundesliga and found the task of dethroning Bayern Munich difficult ? Do you try to improve your team and match Bayern player for player ?

No, you don't. Banish Bayern Munich from the Bundesliga and change the rules to favour your team.

• Like 1

If they take him up I wonder if they will see any resemblence to the sort of rallies that were held in Germany in the 1930's?

All Suthep needs is a nice uniform, riding breeches, boots and arm bands with a holster and luger thrown in!

Although they may have started out with the best of intentions it seems that their demands become more and more, I think they may well have over played their hand and have shown themselves no more fit to govern than the current administration which does not say much for democracy, Thai politicians or Thailand and I cannot see anyone to stand up and save the day.

Nickymaster fair comment - Suthep has a point - but posters on TV make dumb comments.

Have you read what Suthep was reported as saying about "farangs" monitoring Thai elections?

The comments could possibly construed as "dumb" too for example I have extracted a small snippet from his speech on the matter of "farangs" monitoring Thai elections:

I don't respect 'farangs'. We do not have to surrender to them," he said, using the Thai word for "Westerners".

Now is this a dumber than dumber thing to say? To put things into context one must go back into Thai history and ask Have they surrendered in the past? I believe we all know the correct answer to that and the Imperial Army would be the first to put up their hand me thinks.

Nickymaster fair comment - Suthep has a point - but posters on TV make dumb comments.

Have you read what Suthep was reported as saying about "farangs" monitoring Thai elections?

The comments could possibly construed as "dumb" too for example I have extracted a small snippet from his speech on the matter of "farangs" monitoring Thai elections:

I don't respect 'farangs'. We do not have to surrender to them," he said, using the Thai word for "Westerners".

Now is this a dumber than dumber thing to say? To put things into context one must go back into Thai history and ask Have they surrendered in the past? I believe we all know the correct answer to that and the Imperial Army would be the first to put up their hand me thinks.

Well, go back a few posts and you have the answer, I even liked Judas's post. Therefor I confirmed I have read what Suthep had said (assuming he said something like that after translation).

So Suthep makes dumber comments than some foreigners here. Don't get your point to be honest.

• Like 1

"Suthep has a point"

You have my sympathies if that is what you believe.

You refer to the "serious reform needed urgently". The system hasn't changed since the coup and "urgent serious reform" was not considered necessary during the various governments that held power since then, including the abhisit government.

It is only now, having the ominous reality of free and fair elections looming on the horizon and the possibility of another defeat that people decide its time to move the goalposts.And spare me the BS about PTP winning the election by buying votes both literally and via "populism". Maybe you should compare each parties "populist" approach to the last election

Factbox: Election promises of Thailand's two main parties:The two main parties contesting Thailand's July 3 parliamentary election have proposed strikingly similar policies that focus heavily on winning over the rural poor, building up infrastructure and other populist measures. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/07/us-thailand-election-policies-idUSTRE7561C820110607

"BBC News: Few voters were expected to make their choice of future government on the basis of economic policy platforms, not least because there was little to choose between the major parties." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/14005069

More red villages..............oh, give it a rest..

The PTP want nothing to change? I beg to differ but at least they do not want to go backward as would suthep - back to pre '32 if he could.

• Like 1

"Suthep has a point"

You refer to the "serious reform needed urgently". The system hasn't changed since the coup and "urgent serious reform" was not considered necessary during the various governments that held power since then, including the abhisit government.

It is only now, having the ominous reality of free and fair elections looming on the horizon and the possibility of another defeat that people decide its time to move the goalposts.And spare me the BS about PTP winning the election by buying votes both literally and via "populism". Maybe you should compare each parties "populist" approach to the last election

Factbox: Election promises of Thailand's two main parties:The two main parties contesting Thailand's July 3 parliamentary election have proposed strikingly similar policies that focus heavily on winning over the rural poor, building up infrastructure and other populist measures. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/07/us-thailand-election-policies-idUSTRE7561C820110607

"BBC News: Few voters were expected to make their choice of future government on the basis of economic policy platforms, not least because there was little to choose between the major parties." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/14005069

The PTP want nothing to change? I beg to differ but at least they do not want to go backward as would suthep - back to pre '32 if he could.

Pfff. I believe that the Shins have destroyed more of Thailand in 2.5 years than anybody could have imagined. It's time for this corrupt bunch to go. So all those protestors, mostly educated tax-paying people, are all mislead by Suthep right?

PT only wants elections because, as I said, business is booming for them. They have more agendas than working for the best interest of the country. They must be unhappy that they couldn't with wash a few criminals and remove a few more checks and balances. But ok, they can still make billions.

Really amazes me that you are happy with their performance so far. You have never heard about that rice thing that is costing Thailand billions of dollars a year just to name 1 of their screw ups?

I have to assume that you are not expecting much from a government otherwise you wouldn't be supporting Yingluck the way you are.

"Suthep has a point"

Pfff. I believe that the Shins have destroyed more of Thailand in 2.5 years than anybody could have imagined. It's time for this corrupt bunch to go. So all those protestors, mostly educated tax-paying people, are all mislead by Suthep right?

PT only wants elections because, as I said, business is booming for them. They have more agendas than working for the best interest of the country. They must be unhappy that they couldn't with wash a few criminals and remove a few more checks and balances. But ok, they can still make billions.

Really amazes me that you are happy with their performance so far. You have never heard about that rice thing that is costing Thailand billions of dollars a year just to name 1 of their screw ups?

I have to assume that you are not expecting much from a government otherwise you wouldn't be supporting Yingluck the way you are.

haha but but but waahhhh wahhh Thaksin waaahhhhcheesy.gif

"Suthep has a point"

Factbox: Election promises of Thailand's two main parties:

The two main parties contesting Thailand's July 3 parliamentary election have proposed strikingly similar policies that focus heavily on winning over the rural poor, building up infrastructure and other populist measures. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/07/us-thailand-election-policies-idUSTRE7561C820110607

Give it a rest

I think the different ambassadors are too busy having garden parties to join the protesters ...... another ridiculous comment like this K Suthep ? what next ? he will ask Barak obama and vladimir poutin to join ?

Your beloved Yingluck made the same offer for all ambassadors to come to government house a week ago only to cancel the invitation when only 2 people agreed to come. So you are saying that she is also 'ridiculous' for making this suggestion first ?