Motorbike sight seeing around Pattaya? Routes please

mataleo

As in topic

Anyone u bikers can recommend me some not busy roads around Pattaya may b towards rayong ..

Like want drive in not busy roads

Side roads villages with nice view

I just got ninja 300

So would love to go somewhere on weekend

Not too far

So far i only know silver lake area

And that gold Budda on the rock.

Thx for help

Edited by mataleo

Just take the side roads to the left, heading to Bang Chan at Sukhumvit Road in South direction. Nicely curvy roads and not a lot of traffic.

After leaving Sukhumvit, just head to Bang Chan or Rayong.

You can't get lost, following the signs to Chonburi.

Or do as I do, go toward saga hip and turn left anywhere and just keep going, when you want to come back find a hill you can see skyscrapers of jomtien or follow the sun it goes down (like lots of other things) over the ocean , much better than knowing where you going!

• Like 2

It's a fantastic beach. I attached a shot from Google maps. If you are on Suk, take the road just before the Eastern Star golf course towards the beach. To do this, you have to go UNDER the bridge and do a U-turn. If you go over the bridge, you have to go about 1km down the road and do a U-turn to get back to it. As you can see from the map, it's just past where 332 connects with Sukhumvit. The first overpass, go under. On the side your turn left is a police box. After the U-turn, it's the first left. Fairly big road.

There is a great restaurant at Phayun beach, right on the sand. Turn right when you connect with Phayun Road. When it hits the beach, turn right. You can't miss it. Great seafood. Right under the trees and tables on the sand.

You can also get onto the navy base and go to their beach. It's quite nice from what I've heard. I've only seen it from a boat, but looks great.

post-5869-0-18686900-1387423943_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Thanks I will go Bang Chang Never heard of it Is it town or district? Any nice beach there? Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Just Google Map it. Very nice area and nice beaches.

When I go for rides I do like the Gold Buddha mountain area and silver lake however I go off the beaten trail past the vinyards and have found some pretty cool spots.

I can't remember exactly the turn off but it is the short-cut to Mapthaput off of Sukhumvit near Sathahip and the road is very nice and curvy and you will se one of Ed Carabao's houses on the right hand side going towars Mapthaput. It has a big log sign over the entrance that says "Rock n' Roll House". If there isn't a gate there now just take a ride up and check his place out....very nice view.

These days if I go for a ride I just kinda go where the wind takes me and usually end up eating at some pretty cool spots and meeting the non-city Thai's which is a great reminder of why I LOVE Thailand.

I will say that for any bikers traveling off the beaten path or on any roads that are unfamiliar to you please be careful as many of the roads have unsuspecting potholes and/or wash-outs that can be not so funny if you get hurt way out there.

I always pack water and some tools with me and if it is long distance even some sun-block. Don't forget that wind-burn can also be not so fun.

Wear a good helmut and KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED !!!! RIDE SAFE !!!!!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that is the 332 cut off where Ed's bar is. About 1/2 on 332 between Suk and 331. On the right as you head south...if I am not mistaken!

Sounds about right however it is not a bar, just his house and land.

Im in land transport doing my licence as we speak. So far so good. Got car stright away and not practical bike left. Waiting. I What manovers i should do or just drive follow path.

I What manovers i should do or just drive follow path.

Not quite sure I understand that? I'm sure they will instruct you and just don't do any more than needed.

Don't go to Bang Chan. Go to Nong Yai. It is a better road. NE from Pattaya. Stay off Sukhumvit south of Pattaya. It is full of rubbish traffic.

Suk south of Pattaya is a very busy road. But would you need to take 331 to get to Nong Yai? I've found that road to be worse!

What are the attractions in Nong Yai? Anything interesting to see/visit?

It's fairly easy to avoid a lot of Suk by using the back roads on the way to Ban Chang. I could go from Pattaya to BC without ever being on Suk. But, would need to be on 36 for a few KMs. Not a great road, but better than Suk.

• Like 1