Bt4 billion allocated for snap election: Thailand

webfact

Bt4 billion allocated for snap election
By Digital Content

13872644968495.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 17 – Thailand's caretaker government today approved a budget of nearly Bt4 billion for the Feb 2 general election.

Chalitrat Chandrubeksa, deputy spokesman of the Prime Minister’s Office, said international organisations and media will be invited to observe the nationwide poll which will cost Thailand Bt3.885 billion.

He said the foreign and interior ministries were assigned to coordinate with the Election Commission (EC) to allow international agencies in order to have their first-hand accounts on the election.

Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra stood firm that she was obliged by the Constitution to continue with her administrative responsibility until a new government takes office.

“The Constitution doesn’t allow a caretaker government to resign. That’s why I can’t follow the protesters’ demand,” she said.

Anti-government protesters have repeatedly called on Ms Yingluck and her caretaker cabinet to resign to pave the way for a national reform before an election is held.

The caretaker premier added, “Now that the royal decree has set February 2 for the election, I’d like to urge all parties to follow it and move on with the election process. Let the people elect their leaders to run the country. The government is willing to help the Election Commission to ensure a fair election by inviting all quarters
to witness it.”

She said she has until next Monday to decide if she would run in the snap poll as the first candidate on the Pheu Thai’s party list.

The EC set December 23-27 for candidates to submit their applications to run in the election.

Ms Yingluck welcomed proposals and opinions from various political forums on Thailand’s reform but insisted that the timing for a national reform must be in accord with the Constitution.

She said she personally advocated a national reform after the election. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-17

฿4 billion - there goes the aid pot for February. What ever happened to projects etc costing millions and with good old Suteph in the picture and not trusting (liking farangs) will that mean - if his side (whatever that may be) wins will he reimburse the aid money to those goddam awful farang countries that send the sheckles that allow all in power to live so well - me thinks not.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed, please do not make it a habit to post in bold fonts.

฿4 billion - there goes the aid pot for February. What ever happened to projects etc costing millions and with good old Suteph in the picture and not trusting (liking farangs) will that mean - if his side (whatever that may be) wins will he reimburse the aid money to those goddam awful farang countries that send the sheckles that allow all in power to live so well - me thinks not.

If again only a handful observer come, who can't speak one word Thai, drink some coffee and visit two three places, but can guarantee that everything was OK, than it is shame again.

International observer would need to be hundreds at least, who start working month before, and work closely with the opposition to check if their complains are true or not.

USD$133million for a snap election?

For what exactly?

Its not free to hold elections. Extra staff need to be paid. Ballots printed. Information in media and on posters. All the non-biased material that will come from EC. Its a huge system that is set in motion for a general election. I'm pretty sure the EC could give you a more detailed budget if you want and can read it in Thai.

"She said she personally advocated a national reform after the election."

Same, same, nothing new. Again a "just believe us that we'll work on reform after the elections, my golf caddy advised me in this" bah.gif

• Like 1

“The Constitution doesn’t allow a caretaker government to resign. That’s why I can’t follow the protesters’ demand,” she said.

Convenient bullshit for her. Where was this mindset when they tried to unconstitutionally sneak through a different amnesty without telling anyone and when they refused to accept the ruling of the court ?! HIPPOCRITES !!!

"She said she personally advocated a national reform after the election."

Same, same, nothing new. Again a "just believe us that we'll work on reform after the elections, my golf caddy advised me in this" bah.gif

Wonder when she will say "give me 6 months for the reforms" sad.png

Another meaningless promise from an accomplished ethical white lie teller.

Bt4 billion allocated for snap election

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Sorry, dear Democrat party and Anti Thaksin groups.... but this is the end for you, the current government is lending as much money as they want for more and more populist policies and vote buying,... you've fallen right in to Thaksin's trap. You can't win against the upcoming republic of S( C)HINAWATRA...

THe more you protest, the worst and more backstabbing it becomes to you, Democrats and you Bangkok-ONLY-Bangkok followers, 'cause the opposition is just gonna borrow more money to BUY the people's votes at the costs of MORE and MORE taxpayer's money. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif