Vitamin Pills are a waste of money

worldtraveller

Kind of a useless study this one paragraph sum's it all up

"Evidence from the study suggested that "supplementing the diet of well-nourished adults...has no clear benefit and might even be harmful", despite one in three Britons taking vitamins or mineral pills".

No kidding. It dosen't mention the fact that very few people eat a balanced enough diet to be well nourished and many of the items on the market are indeed not what they propose to be. There are some brands out there that contain what they say they do. The problem is the industry is not that closely regulated.

Ask any diabetic who has nerve damage in the feet as a result of it if vitamin B complex dosen't help it. Doesn't cure it but makes it more endurable.

Like any thing else always some eminent group proving another eminent group is wrong.

• Like 1

Supplementary vitamins and minerals. Such as after calculating what I eat daily for 2 weeks I noticed I was low on iron and calcium, so I added this into my diet, as I was gettin 200-500% of my vitamin C, there was no need for a vitamin with vitamin C.

However, I also took green tea extract, fish oil, cinnamon and some others.

Supplementary vitamins and minerals. Such as after calculating what I eat daily for 2 weeks I noticed I was low on iron and calcium, so I added this into my diet, as I was gettin 200-500% of my vitamin C, there was no need for a vitamin with vitamin C.

Exactly most people don't eat a balanced diet even though they think they do. I don't know as cinnamon falls into the category of vitamins and supplementary but I do know since I started using it regularly my blood sugar level has gone way down.

Daoyal

As for Vitamin b complex I did not ask for an opinion. I said to talk to some one with the condition who uses it. It is not a cure but makes it bearable.

Uou also prove my point when I say most people don't eat a balanced diet.

You say If.

Backs up my point they don't but if they did.

Edited by northernjohn

Exactly most people don't eat a balanced diet even though they think they do. I don't know as cinnamon falls into the category of vitamins and supplementary but I do know since I started using it regularly my blood sugar level has gone way down.

Daoyal

As for Vitamin b complex I did not ask for an opinion. I said to talk to some one with the condition who uses it. It is not a cure but makes it bearable.

Uou also prove my point when I say most people don't eat a balanced diet.

You say If.

Backs up my point they don't but if they did.

I don't see how I proved your point but the article was not about special needs (diabetics) but general population. I can't speak for most people as diets vary greatly and many just eat a crap diet. If you take the time to learn which foods contain what nutrients and eat a variety, you should not need extra vitamins. ...anyway that is my opinion, asked for or not.

There's an informative current thread already going on this very topic in a more apt place, the health forum:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/689270-daily-multivitamins-is-there-any-point/#entry7162701

Please use the above topic for comments. This is not CM specific so more appropriate is the one in the Health forum above.

//Closed//