Department of Electric and Power

Hello, I honestly don't know what to call this department here in Samui.

I live in Bophut on Soi Sunday. About the first 100 meters going up the road on the right side, there are a quite a few major looking poles with power lines that are completely covered with overgrowth as in vines and tree branches that looks like took a few years to get that way.

Is there a number or website I can call/visit and report this?

I seriously would like to know their reaction to this, whether they will do something about it or not.

If by web, then I can send pics as proof.

I understand this being a developing nation and all as well as things here being "Thai-time", but this is ridiculous.

It's possible no one has called this in and they simply don't know about it.

Thank you for your help

PEA nationwide call centre number is 1129. This will connect to your local centre.

PEA site is http://www.pea.co.th/en/SitePages/home.aspx Though do not think this would be much help.

Do not live on Samui so do not know local office locations.

Maybe the vines provide additional earth paths during a lightning strike.

From experience the only thing that works is the wife leaving a comments about poor service on the PEA facebook page in thai(hence the wife leaving the message). This was for vines growing into power lines to the point where the lines where sparking. Nothing else over that week got anything done. Which reminds me, have to do it again they only cut back half a metre of vines and they have grown back. Off to facebook

While you're at it you may as well mention the traffic lights in Maenam. They have been off for much of the year but came on again about a week ago. In the dozen or so years that they have been there they continue to show Green (front and left/right) from both directions at the same time, causing unsuspecting visitors to turn across oncoming traffic in the belief that the latter are on Red & therefore it's safe....

I know it's probably not a PEA responsibility but they are nonetheless electric and incredibly dangerous.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

While you're at it you may as well mention the traffic lights in Maenam. They have been off for much of the year but came on again about a week ago. In the dozen or so years that they have been there they continue to show Green (front and left/right) from both directions at the same time, causing unsuspecting visitors to turn across oncoming traffic in the belief that the latter are on Red & therefore it's safe....

I know it's probably not a PEA responsibility but they are nonetheless electric and incredibly dangerous.

Those light's are the most dangerous I have ever seen. Safer when they are not working.

• Like 1

Yep, those Maenam lights are really dumb! .... a huge hazard... blink.png..... I've been meaning to mention that!

Getting back to the OP's question, you see that all around the island, even people growing their marrows/ squash on them... rolleyes.giffacepalm.gif ... not to mention the trees growing through the lines that are never cleared until to late!

The main Samui PEA office is in Nathon, one the other side of the road, from Samui Immigration, up a bit more towards the hospital.... I suspect the managers would be there, rather than at Big C office (?) I would not expect any thing would be done, though even if you do complain! !

The main Samui PEA office is in Nathon, one the other side of the road, from Samui Immigration, up a bit more towards the hospital.... I suspect the managers would be there, rather than at Big C office (?) I would not expect any thing would be done, though even if you do complain! !

The BigC office is only for paying your bills, please do not harass the poor ladies working there.stop.gif

• Like 2

Try PEA first in Nathon but I think they will send you to Tesaban which is along from the traffic lights in Nathon. They have a department which deals with public lighting. Take photos with you and draw them a map where the Soi is.

• Like 2

Try PEA first in Nathon but I think they will send you to Tesaban which is along from the traffic lights in Nathon. They have a department which deals with public lighting. Take photos with you and draw them a map where the Soi is.

Thanks everybody for your comments.

I'll bring along pics and a map as well as dressing smart-casual.

Maybe this Friday.................

Oh, I forgot to ask........PEA............Power of Electric A-------??

Edited by MantisMan
  • Like 1