Mike shopping mall new food court on 5th floor.

addy77

Poor planning to put it on the fifth floor. Ground floor where you have to walk past it to get anywhere would have been much better, a la Central Plaza.

No its not ?blink.png

The ground floor constitutes premium retail space and you could never justify locating a food court there.

You would put it in the lower ground floor of the building ( if it has one ) as in Central pattaya beach or the top floor as in this case as well as in the case of Royal Garden Plaza , which effectively is considered dead space as far as retail rents are concerned

• Like 2

Poor planning to put it on the fifth floor. Ground floor where you have to walk past it to get anywhere would have been much better, a la Central Plaza.

Way back when, only real Pattayayates knew where it was - up about the 10th floor or so.

Edited by BugJackBaron

I was in that new Mike food court one evening last week. I saw a fair number of people eating there. I didnt see anything very exciting in the way of food but the prices didn't seem to be much different from those in Central food court to me.

Farangs seem to make up a very large percentage of customers in both places and given the location in the centre of the tourist belt this is hardly surprising.

Personally I prefer the food courts in the regular supermarkets like BigC and Tesco where one finds more Thais and lower prices, and often more interesting food.

These pics look almost eery. So clean and fresh looking, but completly dead.

I once walked through Mikes shopping mall 1st floor. Awful place, filled with awful merchantise.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Poor planning to put it on the fifth floor.

The food court is on 5th floor for many years already ! Not easy to move it ;)

For me it look desert because :

- it just reopen after a long renovation

- most tourists - even those making shopping in floors below - ignore about this food court

- the OP choose "well" his moment, because many people around noon and in the evening :)

Jup, eating outside is so much nicer.

There is something nasty about malls, even the air is bad, you can smell some chemicals in every mall, maybe some air 'freshner'.

Can't eat there.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app