Going to Myanmar from Hua Hin

jeffgoodwin

I will be in hua hin for 6 weeks in jan/February 2014, and I was hoping to go to Myanmar for a day or maybe 2. Can some one please tell me the best way of doing this. I will be hiring a car for my stay in Hua Hin, some one told me I would have to go to Ranong and cross there. Thanks

There's also a new border crossing that has recently opened at Kanchanaburi ( Pu nam Ron ), might be a little closer with better roads. Don't have a clue of what's there as far as tourist things!

You can also get a day pass at Three Pagoda Pass.

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

I've been across at Three Pagoda Pass and as far as I could tell there is only one small village there within easy distance that is known for making and selling wooden furnishings and decorations (hence the easy one day pass for people to shop from Thailand).

Hi Jeff.... there is nowhere in Myanmar of any interest you can get to easily... it is a very backward country. You will have to fly to Yangon, or Mandalay... Both fantastic places... but the best border crossings and the only ones of any interest are Mae Sot...and Mae Sie and they are very far from Hua Hin. and there are problems with Myanmar moneys...