Nok Air Vientiane to Bangkok

Hi all,

I am currently in Vientiane and not really enjoying it. I am wanting to "escape" back to Thailand. I seem to have two options though my situation is a little complicated.

I had originally intended to remain here for 3-4 days, and then head back to Thailand to finish the remainder of the trip with my girlfriend. I am currently alone I should add. I will leave Thailand on January 5th and only intend to obtain visa on arrival, meaning a land border crossing would result in an overstay of 3 days for a January 5 departure.

An inbound international flight would give me 30 days as an NZ citizen and be sufficient to see me through.

Nok are advertising a service from Vientiane though I note it is a shuttle service through the land border crossing at Nong Khai, does this mean that arrivals only get a 15 day stamp for visa on arrival or do they have a special arrangement to get a 30 day stamp?

Any other suggestions on how to get out of Laos without having to wait another day and apply for a tourist visa would be greatly appreciated.

As an NZ citizen you do not qualify for a "visa on arrival" you would however be eligible for a "visa exempt" entry.

You can obtain a 30 day VEE by taking an international flight into Thailand.

An internal fight offers nothing.

The Nok Air option you are considering will result in a 15 day VEE.

• Like 1

Thanks Sceptict11. I had suspected as much but wanted to confirm NOK did not have some special arrangement with customs to enable a 30 day stamp. Looks like Ill have to burn a few hundred USD and fly down to Bangkok, then up to Udon Thani to finish off the trip. An aweful long way to go to get back to Udon from Vientiane.