A Thai Visa phenomonem, "Virtual Virgins."

thailiketoo

Hard not to feel somewhat sorry for them. Understand not everyone finds it so easy to find a partner. They are searching for happiness like we all do, some just get hurt more than others along the way.

Peace and Merry Christmas!

I agree with you with the caveat they should not start an online vendetta against Thailand and all things Thai. It is their sick on line relationship that went sour not anything in reality. They write post after post of negative information about Thailand coming from a fantasy world where the bad guys are always Thai people.

• Like 1

I was a girl on line one time. For two weeks. You would not believe how dumb some guys are. It was an internet place in Pattaya.

Hmmm.....kinky!

Oh wait......were you an Isaan girl that put herself through university but fell on hard times and had to quit before you got your degree and get a job as a hotel receptionist just so you could send money to your poor hard working parents and three younger siblings, and now you need 20k baht to finish your education so you can get a much better job and help your parents even more? Is your name Mon? You bitch! coffee1.gif

I was a lesbian school teacher who turned go go dancer. biggrin.png

Classic!

I was a girl on line one time. For two weeks. You would not believe how dumb some guys are. It was an internet place in Pattaya.

Hmmm.....kinky!

Oh wait......were you an Isaan girl that put herself through university but fell on hard times and had to quit before you got your degree and get a job as a hotel receptionist just so you could send money to your poor hard working parents and three younger siblings, and now you need 20k baht to finish your education so you can get a much better job and help your parents even more? Is your name Mon? You bitch! coffee1.gif

I was a lesbian school teacher who turned go go dancer. biggrin.png

What's another way to say "crook"? As in an internet scammer.

I think your trolling dating sites in an attempt at defrauding innocent men out of cash by posing as a female(s).

I believe you are assuming a bit there. 1. Was I trolling dating sites? No. Was I defrauding men out of money? No. Should not assume things you don't know.

A young man without morals or any shred of dignity got a woman pregnant and skipped the country. She was still in love with this creep. I posed as a woman to show her that he was capable of cheating on her and got him to proposition me an hour before he spoke to her on the phone.

• Like 2

So thats what internet daytrading is al about some farangs claim to be doing in Thailand .I thought the best way to make money in Thailand was posing and advertising as a fake farang lawyer on Thailand centric websites and ripping off foreigners. Edited by Kudel

Sound like a factual description of a lot of the anti-Thai posting on the forum, to that I would add the expats, that where outsmarted by a rice farmers daughter, now they dislike everything about Thailand!

Cheers

Outsmarted !! Conned and scammed.....better to say.....but that would be anti Thai posting for you....good is good......bad is bad.....regardless of country......yes this is Thaivisa.....

Some of these people develop complete worlds around an online relationship. Thai Visa becomes an integral part of that fantasy and they give people advice on how to obtain visas and where and when to travel and a myriad of things only one living here would really be equipped to answer. But in their minds they actually do live here. It is a whole new psychosis. Doctors in the future may call it Thaivizophrenia.

Some of these people develop complete worlds around an online relationship. Thai Visa becomes an integral part of that fantasy and they give people advice on how to obtain visas and where and when to travel and a myriad of things only one living here would really be equipped to answer. But in their minds they actually do live here. It is a whole new psychosis. Doctors in the future may call it Thaivizophrenia.

By reading many topics on thaivisa the phenomenen you refer to is not an exclusive online 1. Actually many living in Thailand live in their own shallow world full of imagination 2.

• Like 2

By reading many topics on thaivisa the phenomenen you refer to is not an exclusive online 1. Actually many living in Thailand live in their own shallow world full of imagination 2.

Oh I agree. I have met many men in Thailand who actually think a woman is in love with them, myself included. When at the end of the day I really know it's me and the dog. However shallow that may be at least my delusion is founded in reality as I live in Thailand with a real Thai wife. So I'm only making up the love part. Just think of the immensity of having to make up the whole world.

• Like 1

Oh I agree. I have met many men in Thailand who actually think a woman is in love with them, myself included. When at the end of the day I really know it's me and the dog. However shallow that may be at least my delusion is founded in reality as I live in Thailand with a real Thai wife. So I'm only making up the love part. Just think of the immensity of having to make up the whole world.
Good to read that you have finished the phase of introspection of your life. Keep it coming ! Edited by benalibina

I think your trolling dating sites in an attempt at defrauding innocent men out of cash by posing as a female(s).

I believe you are assuming a bit there. 1. Was I trolling dating sites? No. Was I defrauding men out of money? No. Should not assume things you don't know.

A young man without morals or any shred of dignity got a woman pregnant and skipped the country. She was still in love with this creep. I posed as a woman to show her that he was capable of cheating on her and got him to proposition me an hour before he spoke to her on the phone.

See now your filling in key missing parts to your story. Parts you should have included in your op perhaps. Remember not all of us know you personally, and some wonder the relation of your op and the reason why you would go to an effort of creating false accounts and posing as a female on the net.

Do you not see that?

These men must have got a surprise when you turned the webcam on

• Like 2

See now your filling in key missing parts to your story. Parts you should have included in your op perhaps. Remember not all of us know you personally, and some wonder the relation of your op and the reason why you would go to an effort of creating false accounts and posing as a female on the net.

Do you not see that?

I wouldn't have mentioned it at all but a guy named Charlie made a snide remark, "Was that a confession ?, ok we forgive you." I guess I should have expected that as I imagine there are many more than the two that I know who post here. There are clues as to who is who. Bum gun usage is one. No one in their right mind would not use a bum gun. It's one of the major contributions of Thailand to the world.

It was only one man. After a couple of weeks I put the pregnant girl, he ran away from, on the cam.

Although if one goes to INTERNET shops in Pattaya you can see any number of men pulling a scam as they type for two or three girls who do the camera work. But that was a while ago. Now they have video and audio sites where one can both see and talk to a woman and they use skype a lot.

Then there are the village letter writers and that scam.

The "in/Thailand" ones are a different story. They want to meet in a few hours of chatting.

But that is really a whole other discussion about the technical progress of INTERNET dating.

What I found interesting is Thaivizophrenia. That is using Thai Visa to create a fantasy world.

And it's never positive. IMO it is always negative and as a result of some internet Romeo and Juliet fantasy gone wrong.

• Like 1

It was only one man. After a couple of weeks I put the pregnant girl, he ran away from, on the cam.

Although if one goes to INTERNET shops in Pattaya you can see any number of men pulling a scam as they type for two or three girls who do the camera work. But that was a while ago. Now they have video and audio sites where one can both see and talk to a woman and they use skype a lot.

Then there are the village letter writers and that scam.

The "in/Thailand" ones are a different story. They want to meet in a few hours of chatting.

But that is really a whole other discussion about the technical progress of INTERNET dating.

What I found interesting is Thaivizophrenia. That is using Thai Visa to create a fantasy world.

And it's never positive. IMO it is always negative and as a result of some internet Romeo and Juliet fantasy gone wrong.

I researched a project on internet scams. The Philippines were the leaders. The girls there were brilliant at creating stories to scam money. Parents critically ill, accidents, sudden cancers because of the accidents, etc etc etc. I have some really excellent stories on file - enough to produce a soap opera for sure! That's not saying the Thais involved in this sort of scam are less creative - just not got the same English skills and seem to be less in abundance. One or two, in several countries, realized fairly quickly that I wasn't going to be sending any money, or maybe the realized what I was really doing. The abuse was fairly consistent!

Western Union carry a warning about sending money to people you've only met on the internet. There is good reason for that!

I know several guys in the UK who are married to Thai ladies. All of these ladies had numerous "sponsors" before marriage - some met through bar work but an increasing number of virtual sponsors via internet relationships, Some claimed to have made quite a lot of money from sponsors they never met, but did do some interesting web cam shows for them!

It's all part of the evolving IT phenomenon. As always, knew things present new opportunities for the crooks. Having been scammed via the internet its interesting that, as you posit, people then seek revenge by posting negative comments on the internet.

I've done a bit of net traveling and in the interest of research only stumbled on a few video web sites where women or men or others have virtual rooms and one can tip them.

I stumbled on to one where three men told me to stop posting crass comments because the middle aged women in the room was a good girl.

So we got me, three guys telling me to shape up my morals and this half naked Ukrainian woman that I'm trying to tell about ping pong balls. I was trying to tell her how many men love to watch women chase ping pong balls and that she could throw a few up in the air and run around after them and make a fortune.

Well I'll tell you, the guys on line there were having none of my humor and threatened me and all sorts of bad things like virtual Tommy guns and such.

People have flipped and crossed the line between fantasy and reality on a large scale.

So I find it easy to understand how these Thai women have on line sponsors sending them cash and never meet them. And then the next step, Thaivizophrenia.

Edited by thailiketoo

Sound like a factual description of a lot of the anti-Thai posting on the forum, to that I would add the expats, that where outsmarted by a rice farmers daughter, now they dislike everything about Thailand!

Cheers

It is ironic that some of the same people who make disparaging generalities about ALL Thais, their intelligence and education, etc. are those who have a bottomless repository of tales about farang who were outwitted by those crafty Thais who they look down on.

Apparently if you were a loser (often spelled "looser" here at TV) back in farangville, then flying a few thousand miles on Thai Airways doesn't magically transform you into an intellectual heavy-weight or an Adonis. Scoring with "virtual virgins," although pathetic in its own way, is probably less exhausting than the route taken by those who come to Thailand burdened by a lack of insight into their own inadequacies.

Of course all these tales of farang being intellectually defeated by the rice farmers' daughters (or sons) recounted regularly here at the hub-of-lamentations all begin with "I have a friend who ..." or "I knew a guy who ..." And the same people who got taken to the cleaners now feel qualified to advise others.

• Like 2

Cheers

It is ironic that some of the same people who make disparaging generalities about ALL Thais, their intelligence and education, etc. are those who have a bottomless repository of tales about farang who were outwitted by those crafty Thais who they look down on.

Apparently if you were a loser (often spelled "looser" here at TV) back in farangville, then flying a few thousand miles on Thai Airways doesn't magically transform you into an intellectual heavy-weight or an Adonis. Scoring with "virtual virgins," although pathetic in its own way, is probably less exhausting than the route taken by those who come to Thailand burdened by a lack of insight into their own inadequacies.

Of course all these tales of farang being intellectually defeated by the rice farmers' daughters (or sons) recounted regularly here at the hub-of-lamentations all begin with "I have a friend who ..." or "I knew a guy who ..." And the same people who got taken to the cleaners now feel qualified to advise others.

What is truly amazing in this day and age is that a Thai woman and Thailand can make a complete idiot out of someone and they never even have to come to Thailand. Which knocks some people into Thaivizophrenia.

• Like 1

I know two virtual virgins. They are guys who had a problem with women. The didn't have one. Couldn't find one. Didn't have the cash or time or courage to come to Thailand. So they went on line and started a virtual affair.

From the, Virtual Virgin.

"We are in a technological society full of ways to connect, ....computers, cell phones.. even are cars can connect us. The new information from social media has over thrown countrys, is there any wonder that is has also been responsible for family break ups and confusion, online bullying and virtual relationships gone way sour. Men & women always have different perspectives, so when you add computer interactions.. how much more confusing is that? But the trouble is no one will talk about interpersonal online relationships openingly."

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/virtualhandhold/virgins-handbook-on-virtual-relationships

Do you ever wonder why some of the opinions of posters here are so bizarre and completely out of touch with current reality?

They went on line and got a virtual Thai girlfriend. Soon they were sending her money. They had a question about a visa or some other subject that led them to ThaiVisa. At first they asked odd questions about the weather or acceptable clothing or money transfers but soon they began reading the forums and realized they had been duped on line into sending cash to Thailand.

Realizing their stupidity they had to get even. They began to make buffalo jokes; and then education jokes and face jokes and Pattaya jokes; and then began to get involved with all the negative things that are possible in Thailand. They became peddlers of doom and gloom about Thailand who had never been to Thailand.

The result of this virtual vendetta is to magnify all of the real or imagined problems posted.

What started as a real problem that would be worth 10 or 20 posts turns into 10 pages. Add these virtual dumpees to the real dumpees suffering through an English winter or outback summer and you got a 20 page anti Thai diatribe.

What?.....say again?

What?.....say again?

It is the Thaivizophrenia multiplier. It could be good or bad but for whatever reasons here it is almost always bad. People who have dropped off the reality cliff and use ThaiVisa to structure a fantasy world. Sounds odd to people who have not lost their grip on reality but many people are already over the edge.

In ten years there will be a ThaiVisa world reality game. One will be able to pick a character like the martyr, the old fat drunk expat, the young fat drunk expat, the man of the world, professional poker player, day trader, boiler room salesman, Navy Seal, SAS or Foreign Legionnaire, bi lingual gardener, rig pig, automotive engineer, anti government news commentator or farmer revolutionary leader.

You lose a life every time a randomly generated bar girl takes all of your money or you begin to like Chang Beer with ice. The possibilities are endless.

Edited by thailiketoo