Chiang Mai airport problems?

briley

What is happening at the airport?

So far at least 4 flights have aborted landings this morning since 7.50am.

The first flight, Air Asia from BKK FD3437 seems to be heading back to Bangkok.

The air asia flight from KL has justs aborted for the second time - tried from the south and just tried from the north.

Couple of flights have come and gone, eg TG2100 landed but from the north not from the south.

Any ideas?

Misty, but not bad. No cloud. No problems weatherwise. Can't see any buffalo and some planes come straight in or out

I can see the runway from my room to the north of the airport, but also use www.flightradar24.com which gives live movement of the planes.

Air Asia from KL has now landed.

Air Asia FD3437 is about to land back in Bangkok.

Perhaps there is a VIP arriving/landed and the place is shut down until mister/misses BIG has left the area.......Iam only half-joking.thumbsup.gif

You may be right as the "Police Guard of Honor" was all along Hangdong Road from the airport to well past Hangdong.

They were on both sides of the road and placed about every 150 metres, no doubt at Massive Expense to everyone who pays Taxes here.

Can never understand how much money is wasted on this sort of operation, surely if the VIP is THAT much of a VIP, they could get by with a 6-car motorcade, a bunch of "out-riders" to go ahead and block Intersections and a security sweep of the area ahead of the Circus?

Not my business I know, but surely the way they do it at the moment is a huge waste of money.

Perhaps there is a VIP arriving/landed and the place is shut down until mister/misses BIG has left the area.......Iam only half-joking.thumbsup.gif

You may be right as the "Police Guard of Honor" was all along Hangdong Road from the airport to well past Hangdong.

They were on both sides of the road and placed about every 150 metres, no doubt at Massive Expense to everyone who pays Taxes here.

Can never understand how much money is wasted on this sort of operation, surely if the VIP is THAT much of a VIP, they could get by with a 6-car motorcade, a bunch of "out-riders" to go ahead and block Intersections and a security sweep of the area ahead of the Circus?

Not my business I know, but surely the way they do it at the moment is a huge waste of money.

If there are so much security, you should know how important is this VIP.

Certainly it is none of any of us business on how many manpower is involved or money spent.