Thaksin Regime to return after election: Thai Democrat

webfact

Suthep's crusade is to rid Thai politics of the Shinawatra influence.

Yingluck dissolves parliament and protests continue.

Now it is announced Yingluck is No.1 on PTP list but also we have Somchai Wongsawat husband of Yaowappa Wongsawat,Thaksin's sister and Surapong Tovichaichakul, Thaksin's cousin in law.

So it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days. Looks like business as usual.

1. Thaksin - runs government by proxy and Skype.

2. Yingluck - P.M. under Thaksin

3. Somchai Wongsawat

4. Surapong Tovichaichakul.

5. Yaowappa Wongsawat

Happy Families. I think the Shinawats are giving Suthep the big middle finger. What happens next is anyone's guess.

I think the Shinawats are giving THAILAND the big middle finger. What happens next is anyone's guess.

Sorry, I felt your statement needed correction.

Thaksin wants to come home and get his illegally gained money back. He can't, but he can win elections.

With the last election majority, he thought it was time to use that majority to whitewash his crimes and reclaim the loot.

And puts Thai Barbie sis in charge.(now that's sending a message!)

Unfortunately, plan A unravels in a big way.

Now he can't come back because he can't buy off the military, and then the people decide that they don't like the idea of him getting off with his crimes.

You'd think he'd sit back and reflect, but no, he's back at it again. "We'll win the election and the top spots will all go to Thaksins!"

As long as the numbers are increasing against him, he can't use the Red shirts for fear of dragging in the military, and we know how that ends.

So PTP will go back to plan B, win the election, play for time and hope the protesters get tired.

Then 180 days or so, re-introduce the amnesty bill.

Somehow, I don't think this protest is going to go away.

The Red shirts have now been marginalised, and it's hard to see what their role will be in the near future.

This game is far from over.

When you get the best part of a million people demonstrating, people are drawn to the protest. They trust the numbers. The protests could easily grow.

By boycotting the election, the Democrats have challenged the PTP to say they rule for all of Thailand.

As someone posted earlier, my bet is that the third party, who only has the best interests of Thailand, will step in an organise a government of reconciliation.

And poor old Mr. T. will continue his exiled existence.

I think most of us are having high hopes that this will be the case. Many of us, including myself suspect that Yingluck`s mission when (not if) she is re-elected as prime minister, will be to slowly keep opening the door until it is wide open for Mr Thaksin`s re-admittance into Thailand and if this happens there will be dire political consequences for Thailand that will inevitably lead to civil war.

Not so long ago Thaksin Shinawatra vowed that he would voluntary step down from politics, but this was just a bluff and by hook or by crook he has every intention or stepping back into power using any means possible. Whether we agree with Suthep or not, these people are not fools, they are fully aware that the ultimate aim of the PTP is to reinstate Thaksin as head of the party, there is no question about it. I said this 2 years ago when Yingluck was elected as prime minister, I foresaw that there would be trouble ahead, like a volcano waiting to erupt.

In the end it`s all about gaining power, the winner takes all, none of them are willing to compromise, as none of these so-called political leaders actually give a rat`s behind about the welfare of the country and the need to appease all the people. None of them are diplomats or have diplomatic skills, only power mongers eager to take control over the country even if it means bringing disaster to the whole nation.

As an ex-pat who have made my life in Thailand, I truly am concerned how events are going to transpire here, because for the time being the future is not looking bright.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suthep's crusade is to rid Thai politics of the Shinawatra influence.

Yingluck dissolves parliament and protests continue.

Now it is announced Yingluck is No.1 on PTP list but also we have Somchai Wongsawat husband of Yaowappa Wongsawat,Thaksin's sister and Surapong Tovichaichakul, Thaksin's cousin in law.

So it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days. Looks like business as usual.

1. Thaksin - runs government by proxy and Skype.

2. Yingluck - P.M. under Thaksin

3. Somchai Wongsawat

4. Surapong Tovichaichakul.

5. Yaowappa Wongsawat

Happy Families. I think the Shinawats are giving Suthep the big middle finger. What happens next is anyone's guess.

I think the Shinawats are giving THAILAND the big middle finger. What happens next is anyone's guess.

Sorry, I felt your statement needed correction.

Thaksin wants to come home and get his illegally gained money back. He can't, but he can win elections.

With the last election majority, he thought it was time to use that majority to whitewash his crimes and reclaim the loot.

And puts Thai Barbie sis in charge.(now that's sending a message!)

Unfortunately, plan A unravels in a big way.

Now he can't come back because he can't buy off the military, and then the people decide that they don't like the idea of him getting off with his crimes.

You'd think he'd sit back and reflect, but no, he's back at it again. "We'll win the election and the top spots will all go to Thaksins!"

As long as the numbers are increasing against him, he can't use the Red shirts for fear of dragging in the military, and we know how that ends.

So PTP will go back to plan B, win the election, play for time and hope the protesters get tired.

Then 180 days or so, re-introduce the amnesty bill.

Somehow, I don't think this protest is going to go away.

The Red shirts have now been marginalised, and it's hard to see what their role will be in the near future.

This game is far from over.

When you get the best part of a million people demonstrating, people are drawn to the protest. They trust the numbers. The protests could easily grow.

By boycotting the election, the Democrats have challenged the PTP to say they rule for all of Thailand.

As someone posted earlier, my bet is that the third party, who only has the best interests of Thailand, will step in an organise a government of reconciliation.

And poor old Mr. T. will continue his exiled existence.

I think most of us are having high hopes that this will be the case. Many of us, including myself suspect that Yingluck`s mission when (not if) she is re-elected as prime minister, will be to slowly keep opening the door until it is wide open for Mr Thaksin`s re-admittance into Thailand and if this happens there will be dire political consequences for Thailand that will inevitably lead to civil war.

Not so long ago Thaksin Shinawatra vowed that he would voluntary step down from politics, but this was just a bluff and by hook or by crook he has every intention or stepping back into power using any means possible. Whether we agree with Suthep or not, these people are not fools, they are fully aware that the ultimate aim of the PTP is to reinstate Thaksin as head of the party, there is no question about it. I said this 2 years ago when Yingluck was elected as prime minister, I foresaw that there would be trouble ahead, like a volcano waiting to erupt.

In the end it`s all about gaining power, the winner takes all, none of them are willing to compromise, as none of these so-called political leaders actually give a rat`s behind about the welfare of the country and the need to appease all the people. None of them are diplomats or have diplomatic skills, only power mongers eager to take control over the country even if it means bringing disaster to the whole nation.

As an ex-pat who have made my life in Thailand, I truly am concerned how events are going to transpire here, because for the time being the future is not looking bright.

Excellent thread of posts. Well summed up Centrum.

While the immediate future might not be bright, and there is going to be a major melt down (and it will be economical as both trusted thai and world economists are now strong in their assessments, with more blood shed), there are some positives there including in spite of Thaksin's persistence with Shinawatra family loaded government and control positions he will never set foot in Thailand again unless it is from amnesty given by a reformed political platform; the Army this time are showing their modern day maturity and wish for a democratic Thailand and at this stage are staying out of what is a public vs political struggle for democracy; and most importantly and certainly for the first time over the last 13 years there is wide spread strong disapproval over many sectors of thai society, government bureaucracy, and the business sector with the current governance of the Shinawatra's. Previously the peoples court convicted fugitive criminal only had the Army with sights on him, but now he knows he has public mass against him. No matter what the cost to Thailand will be he can now be set that Dubai is home for the rest of his life.

There is a power struggle to be fought and there is going to be some serious damage to Thailand but that is the price that is going to be paid so that the country can move forward.

Edited by Roadman

If the "Thaksin regime" is back after the elections it is because the majority of people voted for it.

That should be respected. And the minority should accept it once and for all.

All these never ending discussions are useless. Respect democracy. Point.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If the "Thaksin regime" is back after the elections it is because the majority of people voted for it.

That should be respected. And the minority should accept it once and for all.

All these never ending discussions are useless. Respect democracy. Point.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is very naive of you if you think that elections make any given regime legitimate.

Saddam Hussein, held regular elections in Iraq he was the only viable candidate and was returned to power each time with 100% of the vote! North Korea had landslide victories for the despots leaders. Malaysia's recent election were stolen as we all know; Didn't Hun Sen get himself voted in again after brutally crushing the opposition in Cambodia? How about the so-called democratic election in Burma? Democratic? My bottom! In Saudi women are not allowed to vote. Is this democracy. Aaah ... but they have elections! How about Thailand? The top three candidates from the ruling party are all Shinawatras! Democracy? My bottom! The Shinawatras still control the Red Shirts who continue to threaten violence on behalf of the ruling party! Democracy? Didn't one of their leaders threaten mass violence if Suthep threatened the elections? Oh yes ... we have elections but does that mean there is democracy? Think for yourself. Gerry: It's these people (the Shins) that don't respect democracy - they don't even know the meaning of the word. What they do understand is manipulation of the system, and they are very good at that. But they do not allow and will not allow a fully democratic process where the rule of law is paramount. We can all see that.

Edited by ianf