Things for young kids to do in Phetchabun, Lom Sak area

DaveinAsia

We recently moved to Lom Sak and were wondering if there is anything to do for young kids in this area.

Phetchabun is not too far too.

Perhaps there are other mixed couples with the same problem and maybe our kids could play together.

Our son is 1 1/2 and he is being raised in a 'responsible' way. He's quite placid, doesn't snack all day and he is a fast learner.

Lovely little guy for other kids to play with.

We are level-headed and looking for like minded people with a toddler of the same age, boys or girls.

Thanks for any replies

Edited by DaveinAsia

I've got a boy the same age, and have the same problem as you. I have spoke with Thai parents with kids the same age as my son and they seem reluctant to bring their children to play. I think it's got something to do with "geng jai" or they don't realise the importance of interacting with children of the same age.

Shame your so far away but if you ever pass through Uthaithani, send me a message.

• 5 months later...

Lots of families gather in the afternoon at homeland resort swimming pool.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

YUK ! is it still like thick green pea soup ? Looked like a real toxic hazard last time I went there.

Edited by MichaelJackson

YUK ! is it still like thick green pea soup ? Used to be a real toxic hazard.

No it's the ignorant Germans you have to put up with that let's the place down now.

There is a nice national park with a big swimming area.

Panthip National Park?

There are many national parks up here,Phu Tab Berk,Nam Nao,Khao Khor,and copious waterfalls such as Than Thip,but with this being the monsoon season many are far to dangerous to use,coupled with bad waste disposal habits not at all appealing unfortunately. Edited by stoneyboy

Yes I've been to that one as well,you turn of from Ban Ta Phon on the 21,the GF is from the next village up Bung Nam Tao,I know the area all around here extremely well I've been up here for a few years now and ride motorbikes often.

The one at Wang Hin has a natural slide that can be fun,but once again due to the complete lack of respect for the environment it has always been over run with rubbish.

On one occasion I went there,a dog had died at the top of the steps which has been renovated in recent months,looks lovely but rather than someone move the dead dog they proceeded to throw soil over it,needless to say the stench was horrific and I decided to turn around and go home.

It really is a shame how these beautiful areas are not taken care of.

It's like the dam at Huay Pa Deang,very nice but just lakes that little bit of care and finesse.

No it's the ignorant Germans you have to put up with that let's the place down now.
Bullshit. Its the tight are owner who only turns on the filter every now and the

Bullshit. Its the tight are owner who only turns on the filter every now and the

And one or two arrogant <deleted> loud mouth Englishmen

• 3 weeks later...

There is a small playground by the river in Lomsak. If you got to the end of Soi Kodak you will see a bridge over the river..Walk over the bridge there is a park with childrens play area Orientated to small children. Lomsak also has nurseries at their private kindergarten schools. At my wifes school they children as young as 2 years old attend.That is a place for them to meet peers and make freinds. Having a few friends to attend birthday parties is a necessity. for young kids.They are also building a recreational area just outside of Lomsak on the road to Lom Kho ,just pass Sak Nyoi about 2 kilometers. It is under construction right now but those are good family places in the evening. But have to wait for it to be finished.

If you are interested in looking at the nursery message me and I will gladly give you a name of a good school and how to get there.

Edited by lovelomsak

• 2 months later...