Thaivisa launches The Lounge Bar Hua Hin

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think I am alone in being suspicious of places which do not put prices on menus.  I do not care what it is if it is value but I tend to give places without them a miss.

If you have to ask you can't afford it.

Seriously harrry, the prices will be competitive, currently subject to change so not on the web.

I do not think I am alone in being suspicious of places which do not put prices on menus.  I do not care what it is if it is value but I tend to give places without them a miss.

If you have to ask you can't afford it.

Seriously harrry, the prices will be competitive, currently subject to change so not on the web.

Does that mean that the current prices weren't affordable biggrin.png

• Like 1

I wonder what the Business Model is for it.

Will the shop try and attract any Thai Customers?

Focus sole on Thai Visa members for it's core income?

Or hoping to entice the majority of the Ex-Pat community?

Apologies george ... but I've just this thought ... it's like a Mormon place

As an ex-pat you go there and sprukers, working on commission, as if you are a member of Thai Visa

and if not, sign them up for a Free Registration ...  w00t.gif

You could get Jingthing down there to critique the food!

Seriously .. as a former small business advisor (hence the query re the Business Plan) I wish Thai Visa and their staff all the best with this Business adventure.  It's a bold move, but sometimes these pay off ...  thumbsup.gif

Edited by David48

Good morning,

The business model is to attract tourists and expats in Hua Hin as the bar+restaurant is in prime location (same road as Hilton Hotel). We will create and announce a discount system for our Thaivisa members during January when things have been settled down.

Welcome by for a chat, a coffee and a bite!

Cheers

• Like 2

All the very best of luck with the new venture. Think you may need some pretty robust wait staff to deal with the punters - can see cattle prods being standard issue to deal with the occasional old bull suffering a bit of distemper.

If you plan on installing security camera, could we have a live feed - is likely to be a whole lot more entertaining that watching the other TV that sits in the corner of lounge room.
  • Like 2

Good morning,

The business model is to attract tourists and expats in Hua Hin as the bar+restaurant is in prime location (same road as Hilton Hotel). We will create and announce a discount system for our Thaivisa members during January when things have been settled down.

Welcome by for a chat, a coffee and a bite!

Cheers

How about a special discount for members buying beer by the crate? :rolleyes::p:D

Should be a great opportunity for us mere mortals to rub shoulders with all the elite farang and their socialite thai chinese phd wives who post so often on thai visa. hopefully they bring along some of those military and police general uncles so i can up my connections!

I doubt that any of the elite with socialite Thai Chinese Higher Educated Wives will ever be seen.

Most of the Farangs showing up want free internet connections and are elecric meter watches

Welcome to my neighbourhood!! Have shops on the very same street. Have already been told by the local shirt-vendor, how much "the stupid farang"rolleyes.gif paid in keymoney and how much the rent is! (Hua Hin is small).

So to the posters here asking for discount before the place even have opened, remember this place has very high overheads, so don't be a Cheap Charlie, but come a support a good idea!

Wish you success!!thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Should be a great opportunity for us mere mortals to rub shoulders with all the elite farang and their socialite thai chinese phd wives who post so often on thai visa. hopefully they bring along some of those military and police general uncles so i can up my connections!

I doubt that any of the elite with socialite Thai Chinese Higher Educated Wives will ever be seen.

Most of the Farangs showing up want free internet connections and are elecric meter watches

No parking either ;)

So they'll get to the Hilton and not be bothered to go further :P