fastest way by car frop nana to soi 11 ?

JohnnyBKK

Most cars exiting soi 4 seem to edge into the stream sliding round the corner from Soi 3 but be aware that corner is well policed so you may well get the "Whistle of Doom" blown at you is they're having a slack day....cars which do this are a bunch of ruffians to we pedestrians....

Some taxis will do the soi 1- Bamrungrad- soi 3- main road - soi 11 but it can take bleedin' hours...plus there's also the narrow "back soi" which links soi 3 with soi 11 past Q bar.

• Like 1

My head office is in Asoke and I like to stay in the Ibis Nana. Problem is driving to Asoke. I have tried many routes and all have taken time.

You cannot turn right onto Sukhumvit. Be careful as there are BIB on that corner working the lights and you are likely to be stung. If you turn left, you can't get to the far right lane and then you are buggered. What you need to do is go around the back way to Soi 8 and then turn onto Sukhumvit. Go up and at the intersection, veer off to the right lane. Don't turn into the KFC drive through. Tried that and had to pay 20b. Turn right into the Soi before the freeway. Go down to the hospital and go through to Soi 4, then up 4 that way to 11.

Really is a pain in the proverbial!

What you need to do is go around the back way to Soi 8 and then turn onto Sukhumvit. Go up and at the intersection, veer off to the right lane. Don't turn into the KFC drive through. Tried that and had to pay 20b. Turn right into the Soi before the freeway. Go down to the hospital and go through to Soi 4, then up 4 that way to 11. Really is a pain in the proverbial!

If you can't run the right turn gauntlet then Mcyachty's advice is the best (think he meant to say soi 6, not 8).

If lower Sukhumvit is a write off, you can also go down Nana, through the Tobacco Monopoly to Asok, then come in from the back.

My head office is in Asoke and I like to stay in the Ibis Nana. Problem is driving to Asoke. I have tried many routes and all have taken time. You cannot turn right onto Sukhumvit. Be careful as there are BIB on that corner working the lights and you are likely to be stung. If you turn left, you can't get to the far right lane and then you are buggered. What you need to do is go around the back way to Soi 8 and then turn onto Sukhumvit. Go up and at the intersection, veer off to the right lane. Don't turn into the KFC drive through. Tried that and had to pay 20b. Turn right into the Soi before the freeway. Go down to the hospital and go through to Soi 4, then up 4 that way to 11. Really is a pain in the proverbial!

For someone who is unfamiliar with this part of Bangkok this advice will be no help at all. Soi 4 does not connect with Soi 8, and the road through the hospital connects with Soi 3, not Soi 4. How would you know which soi is the one before the "freeway" without driving past it and getting to the tollway?

Try this version... turn right halfway up Soi 4 (Nana) into Sukhumvit Soi 6 and follow that soi to the left which connects to Sukhumvit Road. Turn left onto Sukhumvit Road and get in the right hand lane. At the lights drive onto the right-hand carriageway for a couple of hundred metres then turn right into Sukhumvit Soi 1. Turn right into Bumrungrad Hospital and drive through to Sukhumvit Soi 3. You have to turn right exiting the hospital, then left at the Nana junction lights and you're then on the correct side for Soi 11.

Alternatively, after driving onto the right-hand lane at the lights you can turn into the KFC drive-through, buy something and drive out to the left and you're then going in the correct direction for Soi 11.

What you need to do is go around the back way to Soi 8 and then turn onto Sukhumvit. Go up and at the intersection, veer off to the right lane. Don't turn into the KFC drive through. Tried that and had to pay 20b. Turn right into the Soi before the freeway. Go down to the hospital and go through to Soi 4, then up 4 that way to 11. Really is a pain in the proverbial!

If you can't run the right turn gauntlet then Mcyachty's advice is the best (think he meant to say soi 6, not 8).

If lower Sukhumvit is a write off, you can also go down Nana, through the Tobacco Monopoly to Asok, then come in from the back.

From Soi 4 (Nana) through the Tobacco Monopoly does not go to Asok, it exits on to Rama 4 where a left turn is necessary then a left at the Klong Toey lights which will then take you to the Asok junction. Turning left there and then right at the start of the Nana BTS puts you in Soi 11.

The Simple Option:

1) From Suhumvit Soi 4, Turn left onto Sukhumvit Rd.

2) Turn left onto the road running along side the Expressway (this rd is sometimes called Sukhumvit Soi 0, which runs along the side of Tobacco Monopoly).

3) Turn left onto Rama IV Rd.

4) Turn left onto Ratchadapisek / Asoke (along Queen Sirikit)

5) Turn left onto Sukhumvit.

6) On Sukhumvit Rd. Stay in the right hand lane and turn right up Soi 11.

Another Option:

1) From Suhumvit Soi 4, Turn left onto Sukhumvit - get into the right hand lane immediately (right hand side of the central divide)

2) Turn right up Sukhumvit Soi 1 towards Bumrungrad Hospital

3) Make a U-Turn somewhere up Sukhumvit Soi 1.

4) Turn left onto Sukhumvit road (heading east).

5) Turn left onto Sukhumvit Soi 11.

• Like 1

It's about a 15 minute regular-pace walk from Ibis Nana to Sukhumvit end of Soi 11!!! I would only drive or take a taxi if I couldn't walk for some reason!

Just go to the top of Nana, cross Sukhumvit at the junction and turn right and after approx. 150-200 mtrs, you'll come to Soi 11!