EC to consult PM Yingluck on election postponement

webfact

And to add to the comedy- the commission entrusted to ensure elections in this baby wing democracy are trying to negotiate their delay' until Thyailand has acquired something no other country dares seek: utopia.

''

Stand strong YL- no violence- let the nutocracy burn itself from with in= and take down all those asskissers who think principle is something on a bank statement.

Are you OK?

If just 25 seats do not get 20% turnout there will be no quorum.

If the incumbent Dems do not stand this may eventuate in the seats they hold

50 in the south

they have similar 26 +24 in Bangkok and Centre which other parties may win

The smattering about 13 in total in NE and North will easily be gained by the Red candidates with possible exceptions in Phichit,Buriram and Sophanburi where the old dinosaurs are capable of anything IMHO.

This will lead to an impasse.As before the reds could gain 400 or more seats the colaition allies 75 but still no quorum as in the constitution.

As to online candidate registration

Online voting is technically possible.

I am sure the "important' rich folks will arrange a convenient outcome here in amusing toyland.

But the EC could than just forget about it and endorse it anyway like 2006

If condidates cant get to their respective registration locations then make the Thai police and security forces do their job and secure these locations. Any attempts by the demonstrators to cross these lines should be met with whatever force is necessary to show these people that criminal activity will not be tolerated and if they partake in such activities then they must accept the consequences of their actions.

You have to be joking mate.

Now that would cause tens of thousands to go straight there and would turn into a mayhem of violence. You really thing YL and the EC want the world to watch that happening?

No matter how much force they put onto the protestors, they will never back down.

Your thinking is far too simplistic.

The post from Thailand beneath yours is specific in what is going on and that mob rule and lawlessness prevails.

It is not all of Yingluck wants as one of the two quoted not wanting the world to see what is happening, but also what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Thaksins Red mobs played the same lawless game as Suthep's are now, the same as the Yellow mob previously did and mobs before them did like for example those that brought the pressure to bear on the judges in the "Madam wanted to borrow our names" ruling 2001 court ruling which let Thaksin off charges that would have seen him jailed in a democracy.

You can just add what it is 'lawlessness' to the list along with corruption, incompetence, ridiculous defamation laws, lack of morals and values from politicians, empathy lacking to others, mafia politician families, inequality etc. etc that are well entrenched in this country that allow total dictators like Thaksin to take full advantage.

One can only put faith in the 33% that do not accept corruption for their own advantage to win over some of those that misguidedly do, to find a political solution and if not then bottom line the Army and more important the Queen's Brigade who is and looking at what is still going on, will be for a long time as final adjudicator until the moral-less scum that are thai politicians learn how to place their people on a higher valued plain than where they currently sit as serf benevolent's.

Edited by Roadman

"The Election Commission (EC) may consult the government to consider postponement of the February 2 election if it could not go ahead with the registration of party-list candidates which will last on Friday."

"Okay, give me money and you can have your amnesty bill back by the end of July" clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The danger is that the more postponements we have, and the more lawless it gets, the more damage is done, the harder the inevitable authoritarian jackboot will finally come down in response.

This response including the long awaited internet lockmode, new laws against speaking out against the new regime, in the interests of preventing the carnage we may be seeing in 2014. Depending on the damage done next year, also the IMF mega-debt option, joining the global slave-galley pulling the oars onboard that particular fiscal prison-ship. Again, inquiring minds wonder about how much of all this was pre-planned.

In the interests of Thailand's prosperity and security, Suthep should accept the Feb elections and let the people decide. Yingluck should not have to consider calling elections again, the Feb date was perfectly reasonable and it is not the problem.

The Dems should lobby for greater powersharing in Parliament, or at least to get their own house in order and put forth policy suggestions and use all legal tools to make sure their views are given a fair hearing. Ideally stronger regulation inside parliament and also in state-level fraud, and in business and police etc. too.

There is also a danger that the sun might explode.

Sent from my phone ...

The police did nothing in 2010, and they're doing nothing now. Tarit, on the other hand is very busy, checking film so he can prosecute those lawbreaking whistle blowers. Yingluck doesn't dare ask the army for help, that didn't work out so well for Abhisit. Perhaps it wouldn't turn out so badly this time, no rogue general to organize his own strike force for these protesters.

She wouldn't dare ask them because she knows they would politely decline. If the Army eventually decides to enter into this mess, it will be to dissolve the interim government and provide support to the growing calls, from many business institutions, for reform before elections.

Mob rule seems to be the order of the day.

The police,security services etc do not seem to have the balls or the inclination to uphold any laws,serve arrest warrants etc.

Indeed, a very sad time for Thailand.

They are not a mob!!

All they are doing is attempting to protect democracy in Thailand by removing the Thaksin clan from politics.

Yawn...

1. Looks like a mob to me on the tv news.

2. How about removing the Suthep clan?

The police,security services etc do not seem to have the balls or the inclination to uphold any laws,serve arrest warrants etc.

They are not a mob!!

All they are doing is attempting to protect democracy in Thailand by removing the Thaksin clan from politics.

Yawn...

1. Looks like a mob to me on the tv news.

2. How about removing the Suthep clan?

A mob does not attempt to restore democracy to Thai politics. Everyone of them should be awarded a medal for standing up and selflessly trying to right Thailand's flawed electoral system.

Why should our saviour be removed?

Indeed in Amazing Thailand nothing would surprise me.

Rather like feudal Euope two sets of servants and their gangmasters squabble,re-arranging the deckchairs on the THAIpanic.

However the headlines

The Pleasants are revolting even with suds heiresses ramming home Hi-So trustafarian poses.

The real story is the peasants are evolving at a critical phase and the lack of trust and opacity of alliances payments and regulation to ensure peaceful transitions of governance have been shown insufficient.

Wanted criminals are issued visas or chat to the top brass immune from arrest,Streets are blocked Taxi drivers assaulted and property damaged with impunity.

I think the intended outcome will require another hiatus of mindless violence where even reds fearful for their lives rice subsidies and livlihood will welcome a martial intervention.

With all due respect to those who may have to 'clear the streets " forces are not experts in budget setting,managing the exchange rate or social equity.Sadly the jejeune quality,character of the barkers has betrayed the tradtion,the people,its revered institutions ,

Equally important when ASEAN competition will require higher competence and efficiency these events only highlight the solipcistic cronyism,buggins turn,nepotism and of course at the heart of it all blatant ,endless,inured corruption.

While all speakers pay lip service to eradicate it few explain concrete meausres that can and will be enforced whereby malefactors however weaklthy will do time.

I wish and hope for a peaceful resolution and a happy new year for Thai and falang alike.

Realistically I fear it'll get worse before it gets better.I hope I am wrong I usually am.

Happy New Year every one Stay safe and avoid balconies and rds tomorrow night !

If just 25 seats do not get 20% turnout there will be no quorum.

If the incumbent Dems do not stand this may eventuate in the seats they hold

50 in the south

they have similar 26 +24 in Bangkok and Centre which other parties may win

The smattering about 13 in total in NE and North will easily be gained by the Red candidates with possible exceptions in Phichit,Buriram and Sophanburi where the old dinosaurs are capable of anything IMHO.

This will lead to an impasse.As before the reds could gain 400 or more seats the colaition allies 75 but still no quorum as in the constitution.

As to online candidate registration

Online voting is technically possible.

I am sure the "important' rich folks will arrange a convenient outcome here in amusing toyland.

But the EC could than just forget about it and endorse it anyway like 2006

I wonder where this mob got the idea from? All that's missing is the flames.