Kasikorn interbank transfer nightmare.

The issue the OP is facing is due to using PIN2 instead of OTP. You can enable one or the other, but not both at the same time. If, After reading this thread, you want to enable PIN 2 instead of using OTP, well that's just strange behaviour.

Nothing indicates that the OP problem is related to PIN2. Them of course, you can think what you want.

I know from experience that the OP's issue is due to PIN 2. This whole thread has been about the difference between PIN 2 and OTP.

totster :)

I know from experience that the OP's issue is due to PIN 2. This whole thread has been about the difference between PIN 2 and OTP.

Alright, will call K-bank today and tell them to stop PIN2 because Totster said so :)

Alright, will call K-bank today and tell them to stop PIN2 because Totster said so smile.png

PIN 2 can be helpful, but it creates more hassle in the long run. It's sometimes beneficial to listen to the advice of others that have faced problems.

totster smile.png

/edit - spulling mashtake

Edited by Totster

• 1 month later...

Coming back to this thread to respond to the misinformation and assuming statements made above.

I have switched to PIN2, one needs to be able to receive OTP do it online.

I can enter domestic "other's account" of any Thai bank, and can execute online transactions with PIN2.

I can not enter international accounts, however that is not important to me.

The obvious advantage is that I can now fully use my Thai accounts even from abroad.

Edited by paz

Coming back to this thread to respond to the misinformation and assuming statements made above.

I have switched to PIN2, one needs to be able to receive OTP do it online.

I can enter domestic "other's account" of any Thai bank, and can execute online transactions with PIN2.

I can not enter international accounts, however that is not important to me.

The obvious advantage is that I can now fully use my Thai accounts even from abroad.

No. You have switched FROM PIN2 to OTP. There was no misinformation, you are just unable to grasp the basics.

totster smile.png

Just a update fro the OP (me), I changed my Kasikorn PIN 2 to OTP without any problem and did this via the phone in a few minutes.

But after this affair my wife advised to me to have a talk with the Bangkok Bank branch which she is using for her business and after the chat with the Bank I decided to switch over from Kasikorn to Bangkok Bank for most of my banking,

Setup was super easy and fast.

The friendly bank girl organised everything for me in one go and after about 1 hour i walked out with 2 new accounts, Internet banking and the Credit Card application form done.

I received my Bangkok Bank Credit card a few days ago without any problem, No WP or fixed deposit required and a limit of 250.000 Baht. (Kasikorn was doing difficult and required a fixed deposit with life insurance for applying a credit card)

So after all i'm very happy with the service from Bangkok Bank and they have also a better inter banking exchange rate them Kasikorn.