Quick question: Ford dealer called...3.2 Wildtrak is ready.

vspin134

Gave out my contact number during motor show. Sale person called yesterday 3.2 wildtrak is in showroom, someone places order but finance turned down. I can gave it today without under table money. They will throw in free tints, color coating, floor mat but......I have to sign contract today. SHOULD I WAIT FOR MINOR CHANGE OR DRIVE ONE BY NEW YEAR....?

What "minor change" would you be waiting for ?

Ford WT has been out for a while at least for a year and what I notice they do make facelift change to boost the sale. I spotted new everest and I just thought new face life would look that way...I could be wrong.

Ford WT has been out for a while at least for a year and what I notice they do make facelift change to boost the sale. I spotted new everest and I just thought new face life would look that way...I could be wrong.

Whilst it is possible the Ranger will get a facelift it will not be before the new Everest is released, where did you see a new Everest ?

Edited by Spoonman

Uh huh. There will be a minor change late next year in response to new models from Toyota, Mitsu and Nissan, but by then no one will be thinking about Rangers anymore ;)

I'd take it with no delay. It looks good the way it is, and often minor changes don't improve things much. If you wait, you could be waiting several months before another becomes available.

It is exact color and model I like.

Whilst it is possible the Ranger will get a facelift it will not be before the new Everest is released, where did you see a new Everest ?

Saw concept design on the internet. Remember Chev trailblazer...actual production vehicle looks pretty much similar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'd take it with no delay. It looks good the way it is, and often minor changes don't improve things much. If you wait, you could be waiting several months before another becomes available.

Just like xmas present from Santa but just that this present I have to pay for it and more painfully knowing that Santa isn't real.

• Like 1

I've been driving my 3.2 l for this past week and it is a very good truck. 2200 baht in diesel will give you 800 kms highway / city driving. My previous Dodge Dakota in Canada was a very good truck as well but nowhere near the same economy.

I never discussed anything with the dealer and it came with floor mats, tinting and trim package so maybe its standard. For 1.1 million baht, its one of the better values out there. No more dealing with Hertz or Avis, just so nice to go anywhere anytime I want.

I've been driving my 3.2 l for this past week and it is a very good truck. 2200 baht in diesel will give you 800 kms highway / city driving. My previous Dodge Dakota in Canada was a very good truck as well but nowhere near the same economy.

I never discussed anything with the dealer and it came with floor mats, tinting and trim package so maybe its standard. For 1.1 million baht, its one of the better values out there. No more dealing with Hertz or Avis, just so nice to go anywhere anytime I want.

Thanks for reassuring on economy. Not sure why those diesel trucks in US and Canada cannot provide as much fuel economy as local Thailand truck. For smaller truck, only gasoline engine is available...may be the company trying to sell larger displacement engine only with diesel.

Will pickup my white 3.2 this afternoon somewhere in Nonthaburi.

Thanks for reassuring on economy. Not sure why those diesel trucks in US and Canada cannot provide as much fuel economy as local Thailand truck. For smaller truck, only gasoline engine is available...may be the company trying to sell larger displacement engine only with diesel.

These little 3.xL diesel engines wouldn't sell comparably well in SUVs or pickups in the USA where the culture is, 'bigger and mo' power' - 6.0L diesels rule.

For those living in more rural settings, do you know whether Ford vehicles can also be provided warranty service at Mazda dealerships?

Edited by thailoht

For those living in more rural settings, do you know whether Ford vehicles can also be provided warranty service at Mazda dealerships?

I purchased the new engine for my Ranger through our Mazda dealership in BKK and that caused a massive amount of paperwork issues.

I purchased the new engine for my Ranger through our Mazda dealership in BKK and that caused a massive amount of paperwork issues.

Good! clap2.gif

It's good to hear you are moving on getting your truck back on the road! thumbsup.gif

With Mazda and Ford in a quasi-partnership(?) and sharing the same engines and chassis, I was wondering if they went the next step and allowed vehicles (with their partner's name plate) to be provided warranty service at their dealerships?

Do you know if this is practiced?

These little 3.xL diesel engines wouldn't sell comparably well in SUVs or pickups in the USA where the culture is, 'bigger and mo' power' - 6.0L diesels rule.

I went to my local (Udon) Mazda dealer to ask how much to service my 2 year old Ranger. They said they would feel unhappy to do the service as it would invalidate my warranty. I said that Fords are supposed to have a worldwide warranty and that it's not necessary to get servicing done at Ford, but they insisted that Ford Thailand would use it to get out of any warranty claims.

I went to my local (Udon) Mazda dealer to ask how much to service my 2 year old Ranger. They said they would feel unhappy to do the service as it would invalidate my warranty. I said that Fords are supposed to have a worldwide warranty and that it's not necessary to get servicing done at Ford, but they insisted that Ford Thailand would use it to get out of any warranty claims.

Ford Thailand told me if my new engine was not fitted by an Authorised Ford Dealership they would void any remaining warranty on the vehicle.

No surprise Ford Thailand use their own set of rules, Thai government departments constantly disregard the Thai constitution in many of their affairs.

It's not so much 'rules are made to be broken' here, but completely ignored.

Ford Thailand told me if my new engine was not fitted by an Authorized Ford Dealership they would void any remaining warranty on the vehicle.

Though it totally makes sense from a strict business perspective, a joint 'venture' would probably benefit Ford (with its fewer nation wide service centers) more so than Mazda which is more 'established'.