Suthep vows People Revolution in January

webfact

"He said if the revolution came too late and election is held, it could be exploited as an excuse by these corrupted politicians as a shield to defend their status that they are elected by the people and come from election."

I've got news for you, Suthep, the government you tried to overthrow were "elected by the people and come (sic) from election". You had plenty of time to voice your dissatisfaction when you were in the democrat party and now even they have abandoned the democratic process so you're on a hiding to nothing.

What are blue sky going to broadcast between now and the next "final" rally - edited highlights of your greatest victories? whistling.gif

Can you please tell me how in a democracy 1 family can change laws and rob a country to the extent that it becomes a failed state?

It is the job of Parliament to enact laws so I don't quite follow your first complaint (I'm ignoring the silly one family bit, as the vote was of the whole house). As to the second part, maybe you should ask Suthep. After all, his devoted follower dear Nibbles has claimed on this forum that he has billions stashed away in off-shore bank accounts. Honestly earned?

Pffff really? You talk like Yingluck, "Its parliament that made the decision to whitewash my brother, not the government".

Who has a majority in Parliament? And who uses its majority to facilitate its own personal business? And who is using its majority to try to remove checks and balances?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If she remained stubborn and did not listen to over a million voices of the people,

wow weve gone from 6 million to 1 million.... and just how many voices cast a vote in an election ?

Pffft this guy has really lost his marbles if he thinks 1 million voices is anything other than a very small % .... i wonder what the new marketing gimmick for Jan will be .. whistles are getting a little old and happy clappers are soo last year... need to make that money and sell some more crap they dont need...

Actually a million (or 6 million even more so) people that bother to go out and march most probably represents a lot more people that aren't marching/demonstrating but do support them. No polls to back this up, just the normal situation that most people are slow to take action. If nothing else there is a sizeable minority (or majority maybe) of people that are unhappy with the current government and it's policies. Right or wrong, ignoring them is not possible and is definitely not smart.

Look at the American Revolution for a similar situation that started small and grew. Please don't think that I'm comparing Suthep to George Washington - I think Suthep has all of his teeth!

Well, if that's the case, why fear an election?

The only people who think the Dems fear losing an election are the hard core red shirt farangs on TVF or the really backward thinking red Thais.

Strange how none of the academics from either side of the political void have even hinted at this fear. Not even YL or any of the PTP as far as I know use this sort of commentary.

I think once it was mentioned by a PTP spokesman. But other than that, it is confined to the above.

It is all in your mind.... There are many other reasons for wanting reform before elections. It requires the removal of all Thaksin influenced mechanisms before they can go ahead.

Edited by Nibbles48

He said that the revolution of the people would now mean not just a one-day seizure of any particular place in the capital but “It will be to seize and shut the entire capital throughout the month”.

As several aspects of his rant are a threat to the nation itself, it is bordering on treason. I would hold back on the full treason charge, it is complicated, but he is certainly not acting in a way that ensures national security or prosperity, which is getting into the treason sphere. He knows well enough that the problems can be solved politically, but that his backers don't have the support to carry it through without resorting to this kind of unpatriotic brigandage.

• Like 1

If she remained stubborn and did not listen to over a million voices of the people,

wow weve gone from 6 million to 1 million.... and just how many voices cast a vote in an election ?

Pffft this guy has really lost his marbles if he thinks 1 million voices is anything other than a very small % .... i wonder what the new marketing gimmick for Jan will be .. whistles are getting a little old and happy clappers are soo last year... need to make that money and sell some more crap they dont need...

Actually a million (or 6 million even more so) people that bother to go out and march most probably represents a lot more people that aren't marching/demonstrating but do support them. No polls to back this up, just the normal situation that most people are slow to take action. If nothing else there is a sizeable minority (or majority maybe) of people that are unhappy with the current government and it's policies. Right or wrong, ignoring them is not possible and is definitely not smart.

Look at the American Revolution for a similar situation that started small and grew. Please don't think that I'm comparing Suthep to George Washington - I think Suthep has all of his teeth!

So what is it's a sizeable minority? That doesn't give them the right to dictate anything or to try to shut down the city. I'm sure Obama is unpopular with a sizeable minority but they have not decided to trample over the majority and close down DC ( other than through elected officials over the debt ceiling).

Effecting change in Thailand will not come through a toothless movement led by an unelected , corrupt politician and in particular one showing signs of being mentally unbalanced. Thailand's George Washington...I've heard it all now

This guy is a Lunatic who is more corrupt than any other politician. He wants to erase democracy in Thailand.

I cant understand why he is not arrested yet ...... His story changes every week when he fails.

very typical post from one of just 3 prior posts, lacking substance, facts and a personal attack.

If Suthep had not stepped in when did, Thailand would become a dictatorship, and that's the plan

of the Shinawatra government. This was either a do or die situation for Thailand and Suthep should be

commended for his bravery and efforts.

Those that just resort to name calling saying how big his ego is and he's a mad man are really very out

of touch with reality.

He has said many many times, he has no interest in taking a government position, but rather ensuring that

that corruption ends and a true democratic country with a government that represents the people equally.

Good for Suthep for doing what he's doing. And while we're at it, let's drop the myth that the protestors are only

from Bangkok, that is just not true. I have many friends that I am getting to meet their relatives for the first time that have traveled

long distances to join the protests.

A lot of newbie shills here, why? I can guess bah.gif

You're flogging a bunch of dead horses on here of the vermilion hue.

You can lead them to water but you can't make them think.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

1514025.gif

The only people who think the Dems fear losing an election are the hard core red shirt farangs on TVF or the really backward thinking red Thais.

Strange how none of the academics from either side of the political void have even hinted at this fear. Not even YL or any of the PTP as far as I know use this sort of commentary.

I think once it was mentioned by a PTP spokesman. But other than that, it is confined to the above.

It is all in your mind.... There are many other reasons for wanting reform before elections. It requires the removal of all Thaksin influenced mechanisms before they can go ahead.

1514009.gif

"He said if the revolution came too late and election is held, it could be exploited as an excuse by these corrupted politicians as a shield to defend their status that they are elected by the people and come from election."

I've got news for you, Suthep, the government you tried to overthrow were "elected by the people and come (sic) from election". You had plenty of time to voice your dissatisfaction when you were in the democrat party and now even they have abandoned the democratic process so you're on a hiding to nothing.

What are blue sky going to broadcast between now and the next "final" rally - edited highlights of your greatest victories? whistling.gif

Can you please tell me how in a democracy 1 family can change laws and rob a country to the extent that it becomes a failed state?

I think you are listing to someone who has 3 years of education.

It has been proved that many Farangs leave their brains at the airport.

You know nothing about this hard working family that is improving Thailand for the poor

It is time you work for the poor and help Thailand become great

Give to the nearest Wat

Edited by harryfrompattaya

They fear because they will get less than 15 per cent of Vote This was figures by the British Secret Service in their later survey I am surprise you do not known

Again with the threats to her family... surely that's enough to get him arrested even in Thailand? He's ordering his entourage to blow whistles at YL wherever she appears. She should hire the biggest most violent bodyguards she can find and they should deleiver a proper good kicking to anybody who does this - in the name of self defence of course

• Like 1

I think you are listing to someone who has 3 years of education.

It has been proved that many Farangs leave their brains at the airport.

You know nothing about this hard working family that is improving Thailand for the poor

It is time you work for the poor and help Thailand become great

Give to the nearest Wat

Says a guy from Pattaya. LOL.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

If Thailand becomes a failed state due to a single family "robbing" it, I'll let you know, how's that? Now would you like to put forward some genuinely convincing reasons why sutheps actions are a good idea and are only for the good of democracy and Thailand? If not, don't bother to question my opinions on suthep

You let me know what I need to know. LOL. You talk like a Red shirt leader Fabby. Some secret ambitions being revealed there?

Suthep wants elections, no question about it. He just wants reform before elections. I don't see anything wrong with that.

If Thailand becomes a failed state due to a single family "robbing" it, I'll let you know, how's that? Now would you like to put forward some genuinely convincing reasons why sutheps actions are a good idea and are only for the good of democracy and Thailand? If not, don't bother to question my opinions on suthep

You let me know what I need to know. LOL. You talk like a Red shirt leader Fabby. Some secret ambitions being revealed there?

Suthep wants elections, no question about it. He just wants reform before elections. I don't see anything wrong with that.

" He just wants reform before elections."

YOU don't see anything wrong with that , but a lot of people do because he won't allow a properly elected government to run the country while these reforms are being implemented.

And he hasn't revealed exactly who would run the country during this time nor he hasn't revealed exactly what the nature of the reforms will be?

• Like 1

What kind of organization targets the young child of a political leader to force that child's mother to leave office? Yingluck has used incredible restraint dealing with these Terrorists. What do you think would happen to Americans if they tried to storm the White House? Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

not targeting children. if you're a caretaker of a child then your actions affect said child. It's a warning, protect your child because

your actions matter. Drop the spin. The "news" that whistle blowers went to the school Yingluck's son attends was said to have never

happened by the school itself. Propagating lies and "heresay" as effective as it may be, is not very becoming and in my opinion lacks integrity.

And, the later news stories about the guards being questioned, by the school administration, about how they let this event that didn't happen, happen, were also made up?

Yup. 30-40 years of rule before they're sure the reform was successful enough to give the people a vote should do it. :whistling:

Democracy. :rolleyes: